Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with food input on iOS 2.53

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 7/19/2018: This issue is now resolved, please ensure your app is updated if you still experiencing this issue. We appreciate everyone's patience and cooperation as we worked on a fix. I'll be closing this for further reports. If you are experiencing any new issues with food logging, please start a new thread.

Update 7/18/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports. Glad to hear the update has corrected food logging issues for many.

If you are still experiencing this issue, we would love to investigate further. The following would help our team review:  

• Are you already updated to 2.53.1? 
      • What is the OS version that you are running on your iPhone?  
      • What food database are you using?(See Account>Advanced Settings>Food Database).
      • What language are you using the app in? 
      • What foods are you trying to log? 
      • What specific interaction are you doing that is not working? (Adding, editing, deleting, scanning).
      • What time/date did you see the issue? 

We appreciate the additional details. 

Fitbit Update 07/16/2018: Hey everyone -- We have just released an update to the Fitbit app for iOS, version 2.53.1 which we believe resolves the issues with food logging that have been reported in this thread. Please update to 2.53.1 and let me know of the results so I can quickly communicate that to our iOS team.

Again, thank you for your continued patience as we worked to get this resolved ASAP.

Update 7/15/2018: 

Thanks everyone for your patience on this. We sincerely apologize to anyone who has been affected by this issue and have been working hard to find a fix. We are preparing to roll out an update tomorrow, July 16th to solve the problem. In the meantime, customers can use the food logging feature in the web dashboard: https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log.

Update 7/14/2018: We do realize this is a critical issue and our team continues to work on the cause and a fix. We don't provide timelines, in case something occurs and it can't be met, but we hope to have a resolution soon. Thank you again for your patience, reports, and cooperation.

Update 7/13/2018: Hi Everyone - we definitely do hear your reports and frustration on missing and strange food logs. Our engineers are still investigating and I hope to have a resolution shortly. 

While not ideal, you can log on Fitbit.com food log and it will populate on iOS correctly once you sync. You can log it here. We appreciate your cooperation. I'll continue to update this thread as I hear more. 

Update 7/12/2018: Hi Everyone - thanks again for your reports. We are actively reviewing this issue and I'll continue to update the thread as I hear further. As a workaround you may want to log your food through https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log. As mentioned in @sreid64's post, it will populate the iOS app correctly. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Update 7/11/2018: Hi Everyone - I've merged a few posts together. We are currently investigating issues with food logging on iOS version 2.53. Please continue to monitor this thread for updates. If this is severely affecting your food logging, you may want to log through Fitbit.com. Thank you very much for your reports and patience as we review. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,488 REPLIES 1,488

Ok so far today 😊

Best Answer
I followed the suggestion that someone earlier gave me, which was to delete the software from my phone and reinstall the latest verion from the App store. That seemed to do the trick for me. I’ve only entered one item but so far, so good.
Best Answer

Same here! 

Ive got an I phone x and food is being deleted. 

J. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not able to download 2.53.1

I love my fitbit, but I really miss logging my food calories.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The update worked for me. There is a link on the Fitbit community asking for feedback about this.
Good luck

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

It looks like it has been resolved here on my Charge 2. Good luck everyone! Happy logging!

Best Answer

Hello everyone! Sorry to hear that you can't properly log your food using the Fitbit app. As @SteveH has mentioned there is a fix released so please update your app and see if this works for you. If the issue persist please log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. Also as previously mentioned please share all your findings in the main thread so this can be investigated by the appropriate team.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you please tell me the steps you took to do an update?  Thanks so much as I can't figure it out and my food still isn't logging.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Sorry to hear about the inconveienices you've been having when logging your food on the iOS platform. As my friend @SteveH has mentioned, our team just released an update to the Fitbit app for iOS, which is version 2.53.1, this new update is expected to resolve the issue you all have been reporting in this thread. 

Please make sure you all are running this new version. Additionally to that, let's try the following also:

• Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app

If the issue is not solved for any of you, please check this floated post for official updates. 

Point me out if there's anything else I may assist you with. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well dang. Mine is still not saving my entries. I got into this Fitbit
thing a week ago and am about to put this thing in the trash and spring for
Apple Watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes

2.53.1 resolved my issue as well on my iPhone 7+. 

When I want to "force update" an app that has had an update released but it hasn't made its way to my phone, I go into the App Store, click the Updates icon on the bottom, and reload that. I think I got the Fitbit app update about an hour after people in here started saying they were getting it.

The developer in me would still looove to know what happened with the problem last week. I still suspect it was probably a lack of QA testing, and maybe even a lack of developer unit testing and peer code review.

Best Answer

Sorry to hear you're still experiencing this inconvenience with your food log @KatyW. Can you please double check that your Fitbit app is running version 2.53.1? This new update was just released:

1. Tap the App Store app.
  2. Tap the Updates tab. If the Fitbit app has an update, you’ll see it in the Available Updates list.
  3. Tap Update.

If your apps update automatically, check the Updated list to see if the Fitbit app was updated.

Keep me in the loop! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
It was not. Updating now. Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@gmacd, the update worked for me, but I went through a bunch of extra steps.

Here is my advice:

1. check the app store and ensure that the Fitbit app in your store is version 2.53.1.
  2. delete the app from your phone (press and hold on the icon until it wiggles and then tap the X that appears)
  3. restart your iPhone
  4. install 2.53.1 from the app store
  5. restart your phone
  6. launch the app and A) check to see if food logging is working; search for banana and peanut butter and chicken, etc., and B) ensure your phone is linked by Bluetooth to your Fitbit
  7. my search was not working (typing in banana showed no results) so I restarted the phone and that fixed the search
  8. my phone would not connect to my Fitbit so, in the app, I tapped Remove This Versa and then I restarted my Fitbit (look up how to do this for your model) and tapped Set Up a Device, at which point the app found the phone and paired with it

After all that (about 15 minutes) my phone is now correctly logging food and communicating with my Versa.

Also, all my histories -- sleep, activity, heart rate, food, etc. -- are still intact.

And if you want to be especially thorough: before you begin, download all your data from the Fitbit site (gear icon > Settings > Data export) for the last three months. I did this but it's probably not necessary.

Best Answer
Updated app yesterday and “food” IS STILL WORKING correctly !
Best Answer
0 Votes

You're very welcome @KatyWWoman Very Happy

Thanks for sharing this update @Bigdaddy43. I'm glad to hear that your food log is working correctly. 

I'll be around if you guys need anything else! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had deleted my Fitbit app before grabbing the update and everything is fine. 

Best Answer

New update seems to be working! Thank you!

Best Answer

Thank you so much for your help!

I had no idea I had to go to the app store, but there was the update waiting!

As soon as it finished updating I clicked OPEN and tried logging food items and it actually worked at that point, so that was all I had to do!

Thanks again for your prompt help, the friends on this forum are so helpful and terrific!

Best Answer

Hey everyone -- If you're still experiencing issues, have you tried the suggestion that @IanButty has shared here? If you've tried that and are still experiencing issues, please provide me with the following info so I can get these specific accounts checked out:

• What is the issue that you're experiencing?
  • Are you already updated to 2.53.1?
  • What is the OS version that you are running on your iPhone? 

@YP07 @SparklyJill @dana6189 @Wahoo911 @Speedbird @Riomonty @C3Chris @Lissylocket @Alice001 @plnkfloydian @funfitmom2014 @63bren @ramaspb @LVinLA @richlippert @Lexiconsmom @kmg22 @KHG472 @Bet67 @esbarron07 @LisaTracy @VercE @KaleHI @MAnderson12 @andersue @Milksey @KrissyKLK @ClaireV31 @SunsetRunner @MrMarv @Karynw @LorriB @Roxanne13 @Bagwmn @Roxanne13 @GM70 @mjsilverfox @VCab @HeatherEll @Jodiegonzales78 @Zeppray @LucyLu1103 @MikeSainz @Dom311 @M1chael @girlrunner @Micky58 @NatiLakomksi @EvaDavi @Henry70 Thanks all for taking the time to update and confirm that your food logging is back up and running. I will make sure to pass this feedback along to our iOS team

I appreciate all of your feedback and am making sure to pass it along to our iOS team.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer