Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with food input on iOS 2.53

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 7/19/2018: This issue is now resolved, please ensure your app is updated if you still experiencing this issue. We appreciate everyone's patience and cooperation as we worked on a fix. I'll be closing this for further reports. If you are experiencing any new issues with food logging, please start a new thread.

Update 7/18/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports. Glad to hear the update has corrected food logging issues for many.

If you are still experiencing this issue, we would love to investigate further. The following would help our team review:  

• Are you already updated to 2.53.1? 
      • What is the OS version that you are running on your iPhone?  
      • What food database are you using?(See Account>Advanced Settings>Food Database).
      • What language are you using the app in? 
      • What foods are you trying to log? 
      • What specific interaction are you doing that is not working? (Adding, editing, deleting, scanning).
      • What time/date did you see the issue? 

We appreciate the additional details. 

Fitbit Update 07/16/2018: Hey everyone -- We have just released an update to the Fitbit app for iOS, version 2.53.1 which we believe resolves the issues with food logging that have been reported in this thread. Please update to 2.53.1 and let me know of the results so I can quickly communicate that to our iOS team.

Again, thank you for your continued patience as we worked to get this resolved ASAP.

Update 7/15/2018: 

Thanks everyone for your patience on this. We sincerely apologize to anyone who has been affected by this issue and have been working hard to find a fix. We are preparing to roll out an update tomorrow, July 16th to solve the problem. In the meantime, customers can use the food logging feature in the web dashboard: https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log.

Update 7/14/2018: We do realize this is a critical issue and our team continues to work on the cause and a fix. We don't provide timelines, in case something occurs and it can't be met, but we hope to have a resolution soon. Thank you again for your patience, reports, and cooperation.

Update 7/13/2018: Hi Everyone - we definitely do hear your reports and frustration on missing and strange food logs. Our engineers are still investigating and I hope to have a resolution shortly. 

While not ideal, you can log on Fitbit.com food log and it will populate on iOS correctly once you sync. You can log it here. We appreciate your cooperation. I'll continue to update this thread as I hear more. 

Update 7/12/2018: Hi Everyone - thanks again for your reports. We are actively reviewing this issue and I'll continue to update the thread as I hear further. As a workaround you may want to log your food through https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log. As mentioned in @sreid64's post, it will populate the iOS app correctly. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Update 7/11/2018: Hi Everyone - I've merged a few posts together. We are currently investigating issues with food logging on iOS version 2.53. Please continue to monitor this thread for updates. If this is severely affecting your food logging, you may want to log through Fitbit.com. Thank you very much for your reports and patience as we review. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,488 REPLIES 1,488
Erick

Thanks for your note. I have no further issues. I updated to 2.53.1 via the App Store and am running on 11.4. I am just about to download 11.4.1, so will let you know if that causes any problems, but certainly for now, everything is running smoothly.

Many thanks

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Seems to be working!

Best Answer

Thanks for your efforts on our behalf. All seems to working again now.

Cheers guys 🙂

Best Answer

No more issues since I installed the new update yesterday. 😀
--

Dawn 

moderator edit: personal information, email signature 

Best Answer

Happy the fix has worked but fed up it took so very long.

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit wrote:

Hey everyone -- If you're still experiencing issues, have you tried the suggestion that 

• What is the issue that you're experiencing?

Hi Erick,

Mine is working now.  already updated the app and the operating system on my phone and still working.  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community!

@littleninja @Shadowliverpool @fireweeds happy to hear that your issue was fixed and thank you for letting us know here as this does help knowing the update was successful.

@SunsetRunner as @SteveH kindly explained this is an issue with the app but an update was released so please update your app and let me know if this worked for you.

Keep me posted!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
How do I update my app?
Best Answer
You can delete the app then reinstall it or try turning off your phone then put it back on again that should do it

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Go to settings! I feel your pain!!

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

lisavon:

To update all I did was go to the app store (apple) and clicked on the "update" that was waiting. The update took a couple of minutes but when it was done I was able to log items in the phone app.

Best Answer

I have the updated version listed 2.53.1 however still having issues with the food diary not taking selections or posting items different than the bar code scanned or selected. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks again everyone for your reports. Glad to hear the update has corrected your food logging issues.

If you are still experiencing this issue, we would love to investigate further and would need the following information: 

• What food database are you using?(See Account>Advanced Settings>Food Database).
  • What language are you using the app in? 
  • What foods are you trying to log? 
  • What specific interaction are you doing that is not working? (Adding, editing, deleting, scanning).
  • What time/date did you see the issue? 

@Bostonfan63 are you seeing your food entries not saving or changing? There is a known issue with custom food logs not auto-populating. For updates and more information, you can check this thread

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
Yes to both issues.. some scanned items show up and when saved is a
different product. Another issue is the app allows an item to be selected
but then doesn't save.
Best Answer
Yes, I updated and it’s working again..... Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I had issues yesterday.. I just got home and attempted to rescanned the
items I had issues with. They were accepted and saved appropriately.. Will
continue to monitor.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I thought I saw that this was fixed but mine is still deleting food and inserting things I have not entered instead. I DO NOT like logging through Fitbit.com. It is very tedious. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My food log now seems to be working properly. However, I am a bit confused. I did the latest update for the Fitbit app, and it says Version 22.55.2, not 2.53.1. I have a Charge 2. I have iOS 11.4.1. 

Best Answer
Mine is working ok now

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@AnneColt can you confirm that your app has been updated to 2.53.1

There are instructions for checking / updating earlier in this thread

edit: If you are on 2.53.1 fitbit are asking that we post on the main thread at https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Issues-with-food-input-on-iOS-2-53/td-p/2825777 where they are asking for more information and will investigate

Best Answer