Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with food input on iOS 2.53

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 7/19/2018: This issue is now resolved, please ensure your app is updated if you still experiencing this issue. We appreciate everyone's patience and cooperation as we worked on a fix. I'll be closing this for further reports. If you are experiencing any new issues with food logging, please start a new thread.

Update 7/18/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports. Glad to hear the update has corrected food logging issues for many.

If you are still experiencing this issue, we would love to investigate further. The following would help our team review:  

• Are you already updated to 2.53.1? 
      • What is the OS version that you are running on your iPhone?  
      • What food database are you using?(See Account>Advanced Settings>Food Database).
      • What language are you using the app in? 
      • What foods are you trying to log? 
      • What specific interaction are you doing that is not working? (Adding, editing, deleting, scanning).
      • What time/date did you see the issue? 

We appreciate the additional details. 

Fitbit Update 07/16/2018: Hey everyone -- We have just released an update to the Fitbit app for iOS, version 2.53.1 which we believe resolves the issues with food logging that have been reported in this thread. Please update to 2.53.1 and let me know of the results so I can quickly communicate that to our iOS team.

Again, thank you for your continued patience as we worked to get this resolved ASAP.

Update 7/15/2018: 

Thanks everyone for your patience on this. We sincerely apologize to anyone who has been affected by this issue and have been working hard to find a fix. We are preparing to roll out an update tomorrow, July 16th to solve the problem. In the meantime, customers can use the food logging feature in the web dashboard: https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log.

Update 7/14/2018: We do realize this is a critical issue and our team continues to work on the cause and a fix. We don't provide timelines, in case something occurs and it can't be met, but we hope to have a resolution soon. Thank you again for your patience, reports, and cooperation.

Update 7/13/2018: Hi Everyone - we definitely do hear your reports and frustration on missing and strange food logs. Our engineers are still investigating and I hope to have a resolution shortly. 

While not ideal, you can log on Fitbit.com food log and it will populate on iOS correctly once you sync. You can log it here. We appreciate your cooperation. I'll continue to update this thread as I hear more. 

Update 7/12/2018: Hi Everyone - thanks again for your reports. We are actively reviewing this issue and I'll continue to update the thread as I hear further. As a workaround you may want to log your food through https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log. As mentioned in @sreid64's post, it will populate the iOS app correctly. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Update 7/11/2018: Hi Everyone - I've merged a few posts together. We are currently investigating issues with food logging on iOS version 2.53. Please continue to monitor this thread for updates. If this is severely affecting your food logging, you may want to log through Fitbit.com. Thank you very much for your reports and patience as we review. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,488 REPLIES 1,488

I am also unable to log food. The app updated itself today and now it doesn’t seem to be working for me anymore. I input the data and it deletes it and adds some random food that I have never entered before. 

Best Answer

Having the same issue. iOS 11.4.2. 

Best Answer

Hi. I try to log in my breakfast.. 

I choose an already logged food from the list and the app put a different one to my breakfast list. What can I do? Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There seems to be a problem with food logging today (numerous reports across different forums). I'd delete the one added and wait until it is working again.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Logged food changes identities or is entered on the calories but disappears...

Best Answer

Hello community!

Having the same issues since iOS Update 11.4.1. On iPhone 7 and iPad. An older iPhone5 (lower than iOS 11) works still fine.

Best Answer

Just updated my phone app and now when I go to choose a frequently eaten food the app records something totally different than what I selected.  This has only happened after the update.  I have deleted the app and reinstalled but has not fixed the problem.  Being a calorie counter, this is a problem.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Best Answer

Same issue after update on Iphone 6.  Deleted app and reinstalled but still have the problem

Best Answer

Thank you. I hope its gonna working soon..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too; it either deletes entries when I pick from my recent list, or changes randomly the item entered when selected from search.

It’s annoyingly as I need to log food for medical reasons...

Best Answer

Same. 

also..I have 37 calories consumed after deleting everything.

Best Answer

I’ve been using the desktop version (Fitbit.com and logged in) on my iPad. It works, and when I started the app it updated with what I’d entered in my food log via the site. Still can’t log with the app though.

Best Answer

There's a known bug at the moment. Keep an eye on the following thread which has the latest updates from fitbit: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Issues-with-food-input-on-iOS-2-53/td-p/2825777

Best Answer
0 Votes

See this thread. Developers are aware of the issue and are working on the fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems the new update has affected the food logging. Cannot log food at all. It’s seems connected to the new updates version. 

Best Answer

Hi,

I’m not sure if anyone can help but I update my Fitbit one yesterday and this morning - version 2.53 to fix bugs - and since this morning the food tracker has been crazy! I’ll add something on and it will disappear or add a random food I’ve never heard of for over 45000 calories!!

I’ve turned my phone on and off, logged out of the app and I’m not sure what else I can do! I’ve never had problems with it before 😞

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yet again another problem with Fitbit!! I’ve had all the fit it’s over 4 years and now I am finally sorted with my ionic (after 2 replacements!!!!) the app starts playing up! I think Fitbit fail to understand the importance of accurate and stress free health recording. There are so many glitches and problems they just can’t fix. I am seriously considering leaving and getting an Apple Watch as I am fed up of fitbits inconsistancy. For the amount you pay for the device these problems should not be happening.... end of! When will this issue be resolved????

Best Answer

@Lacrig this is a new bug. Keep an eye on the following thread which has the latest updates from fitbit:  https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Issues-with-food-input-on-iOS-2-53/td-p/2825777

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes both me and my wife’s app upgrade has resulted in the food log not working...sometimes doesn’t show and for others when we select it shows something completely different. Can you not roll back you most recent upgrade so we can use the app whilst you do further testing before release?

Best Answer

Keep an eye on the following thread which has the latest updates from fitbit: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Issues-with-food-input-on-iOS-2-53/td-p/2825777

Best Answer