Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with food input on iOS 2.53

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 7/19/2018: This issue is now resolved, please ensure your app is updated if you still experiencing this issue. We appreciate everyone's patience and cooperation as we worked on a fix. I'll be closing this for further reports. If you are experiencing any new issues with food logging, please start a new thread.

Update 7/18/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports. Glad to hear the update has corrected food logging issues for many.

If you are still experiencing this issue, we would love to investigate further. The following would help our team review:  

• Are you already updated to 2.53.1? 
      • What is the OS version that you are running on your iPhone?  
      • What food database are you using?(See Account>Advanced Settings>Food Database).
      • What language are you using the app in? 
      • What foods are you trying to log? 
      • What specific interaction are you doing that is not working? (Adding, editing, deleting, scanning).
      • What time/date did you see the issue? 

We appreciate the additional details. 

Fitbit Update 07/16/2018: Hey everyone -- We have just released an update to the Fitbit app for iOS, version 2.53.1 which we believe resolves the issues with food logging that have been reported in this thread. Please update to 2.53.1 and let me know of the results so I can quickly communicate that to our iOS team.

Again, thank you for your continued patience as we worked to get this resolved ASAP.

Update 7/15/2018: 

Thanks everyone for your patience on this. We sincerely apologize to anyone who has been affected by this issue and have been working hard to find a fix. We are preparing to roll out an update tomorrow, July 16th to solve the problem. In the meantime, customers can use the food logging feature in the web dashboard: https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log.

Update 7/14/2018: We do realize this is a critical issue and our team continues to work on the cause and a fix. We don't provide timelines, in case something occurs and it can't be met, but we hope to have a resolution soon. Thank you again for your patience, reports, and cooperation.

Update 7/13/2018: Hi Everyone - we definitely do hear your reports and frustration on missing and strange food logs. Our engineers are still investigating and I hope to have a resolution shortly. 

While not ideal, you can log on Fitbit.com food log and it will populate on iOS correctly once you sync. You can log it here. We appreciate your cooperation. I'll continue to update this thread as I hear more. 

Update 7/12/2018: Hi Everyone - thanks again for your reports. We are actively reviewing this issue and I'll continue to update the thread as I hear further. As a workaround you may want to log your food through https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log. As mentioned in @sreid64's post, it will populate the iOS app correctly. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Update 7/11/2018: Hi Everyone - I've merged a few posts together. We are currently investigating issues with food logging on iOS version 2.53. Please continue to monitor this thread for updates. If this is severely affecting your food logging, you may want to log through Fitbit.com. Thank you very much for your reports and patience as we review. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,488 REPLIES 1,488

This is a known bug at the moment. Keep an eye on the following thread which has the latest updates from fitbit: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Issues-with-food-input-on-iOS-2-53/td-p/2825777

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too! Entered Blueberries & cereal for breakfast it changed it to Sausage Cumberland pie which I’ve never eaten in my life! Happened directly after the update. 🙁

Best Answer

using IOS, Iphone 8 and IPad Air

verry interesting...starts happening to me too since yesterday evening after receving a fitbit update on my iphone 8....I was searching and adding whey Protein and when i save it appears as soja /teriyaki.... and today saving a cappucino but is not adding after save......

also interesting to know is that when i do the same on my ipad than it works (but did not update fitbit app on ipad)....so is definitely the fitbit update and not apple IOS update!!!

is not working on my iphone8 (with the updated fitbit app)...i hope fitbit solves that ASAP....otherwise I am thinking to return my purchase....my target was to loose weight and get healthy but with this stress i am getting more unhealthy and thats what I paid for? It wont work like this.....

Best Answer

Yes, same issues today 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having same problem. Custom foods apear in the list briefly then disappears. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep real pain had to log on via my pc to enter foods eaten very slow and not very convenient 

you would think Fitbit would let everyone know what is happening not happy 😡

Best Answer

iPad or iPhone only here! No PC. Back to old fashioned pen and paper until it’s fixed! 

Best Answer

The 123 ‘quick add’ seems to work by the way, but it is annoying to have to read through all the info when I have already written in so many personal food entries (because their database is poor in comparison to say MyFitnessPal).

I started logging foods here instead of MFP because their service goes down even more frequently though, whoops.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was fine last night, as of this morning fitbit app behaving as other have described. entering food via pc works. i did notice mine this morning said a wait while we clean things up. well it sure did a cleanup up  :-).... anyhow, fitbit let us know when fixed. 

Best Answer

All was working fine yesterday but this morning the app informed me it was “doing some cleaning up” now enter a cup of PG Tips tea and it changes to Colombian Coffee with Cream.  Similar things with other items.

I am a new Fitbit user (less than a week) and trying to establish a habit of food logging.  This REALLY isn’t helping - it has also knocked my confidence in the product.

hopefully this can be solved quickly.

Best Answer

Hi, any idea when this issue may be resolved - I still can't log any food.  Thanks, Michelle

Best Answer

Input my breakfast and saw aid had 9000 calories with foods I didn’t recognise! I had updated the app just beforehand, so I dread of fixing bugs it’s created them.

Best Answer

Thanks for that update.... but it’s completely messed up the calorie tracking!! Nothing logs and if it does it registers as a ‘deep pan pizza’!! 

Best Answer

@LittleyachtThis is a problem with the app update and not specifically related to your One (that is, it is affecting all models of Fitbit). For updates, see the official thread here.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here for both me and my wife's both running IoS v.2.53 on iphone X's - please get it sorted 😞 

Best Answer

Updated this morning, now when selecting a specific food, and saving it it adds something completely different to the log.

Best Answer

Ugh I’m having the same problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here too. Come on Fitbit. Don’t want to use another app for food logging! 

Best Answer

This made me chuckle! I entered rice cakes and came up with a coffee !! 

Best Answer

I will say, I did use the online dashboard and everything was fine. So thankfully I don't have to switch apps (yet). However, I did notice that there is a lot more information on the dashboard. I wish the app showed sodium totals and fiber totals! If it does, I haven't easily found it in the past!!

Best Answer