Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with food input on iOS 2.53

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 7/19/2018: This issue is now resolved, please ensure your app is updated if you still experiencing this issue. We appreciate everyone's patience and cooperation as we worked on a fix. I'll be closing this for further reports. If you are experiencing any new issues with food logging, please start a new thread.

Update 7/18/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports. Glad to hear the update has corrected food logging issues for many.

If you are still experiencing this issue, we would love to investigate further. The following would help our team review:  

• Are you already updated to 2.53.1? 
      • What is the OS version that you are running on your iPhone?  
      • What food database are you using?(See Account>Advanced Settings>Food Database).
      • What language are you using the app in? 
      • What foods are you trying to log? 
      • What specific interaction are you doing that is not working? (Adding, editing, deleting, scanning).
      • What time/date did you see the issue? 

We appreciate the additional details. 

Fitbit Update 07/16/2018: Hey everyone -- We have just released an update to the Fitbit app for iOS, version 2.53.1 which we believe resolves the issues with food logging that have been reported in this thread. Please update to 2.53.1 and let me know of the results so I can quickly communicate that to our iOS team.

Again, thank you for your continued patience as we worked to get this resolved ASAP.

Update 7/15/2018: 

Thanks everyone for your patience on this. We sincerely apologize to anyone who has been affected by this issue and have been working hard to find a fix. We are preparing to roll out an update tomorrow, July 16th to solve the problem. In the meantime, customers can use the food logging feature in the web dashboard: https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log.

Update 7/14/2018: We do realize this is a critical issue and our team continues to work on the cause and a fix. We don't provide timelines, in case something occurs and it can't be met, but we hope to have a resolution soon. Thank you again for your patience, reports, and cooperation.

Update 7/13/2018: Hi Everyone - we definitely do hear your reports and frustration on missing and strange food logs. Our engineers are still investigating and I hope to have a resolution shortly. 

While not ideal, you can log on Fitbit.com food log and it will populate on iOS correctly once you sync. You can log it here. We appreciate your cooperation. I'll continue to update this thread as I hear more. 

Update 7/12/2018: Hi Everyone - thanks again for your reports. We are actively reviewing this issue and I'll continue to update the thread as I hear further. As a workaround you may want to log your food through https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log. As mentioned in @sreid64's post, it will populate the iOS app correctly. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Update 7/11/2018: Hi Everyone - I've merged a few posts together. We are currently investigating issues with food logging on iOS version 2.53. Please continue to monitor this thread for updates. If this is severely affecting your food logging, you may want to log through Fitbit.com. Thank you very much for your reports and patience as we review. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,488 REPLIES 1,488

You need to  pull down to reboot your app store update page and it will pop up.

Best Answer

Brilliant!  All working for me now. 🙏 

Best Answer
Working for me😀

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi there, I have just been to the App Store and downloaded the next version and I’m pleased to say that it is all working perfectly for me now. 19:34GMT

Best Answer

It appears to be working at last

Best Answer
Yes, I have received the update and all is functioning now.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Update seems to be working, thank you.

I appreciate that errors cannot be fixed as quickly as some on here would like, but I do hope that you will pass up the line our discontent re the almost nonexistent comms on this issue. To me, the test of a company is how it handles things when something has gone wrong and I’m afraid Fitbit has been found lacking. It has a lot to learn if it wants to hold on to it’s customers.

Best Answer

The new updates works woo hoo, thank goodness for that. Well done guys!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yayyyyy at last all back on track working perfectly for my Alta HR thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hats off to the development team that figured it out. Thanks

Best Answer

Looks like it is all working correctly again!

thanks FitBit!!

Best Answer

Seems to be working after the new update 2.53.1

Thank you😃

Best Answer
I too deleted and reinstalled the app and now it looks it’s working ok about food calories!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

2.53.1 seems to be working for me.  Granola is granola again.

Thanks Erick!

Best Answer

great - many thanks; will look out for it 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the fix! All very frustrating and lots of (mostly justifiable) angry words have been written by us all, but sanity I hope has been restored. Fitbit, please check your updates in the future before releasing them to us! ☺️ x

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still can’t get food to log....still not working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi thanks for the info .. I am on my iPad Air 11.4.1 not on my phone ... did you delete the app and reinstall on Fitbit/setup?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Nope! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated to the update 2.53.1 and that is when the issue started.  It continues to erase each food entry I input. 

Best Answer
0 Votes