Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macronutrients are different from the Nutrients list

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am having the same issues w/the macros differing from the nutrients list.  I've attached a screenshot (I'm on a keto diet, so take that into consideration when you look at my numbers lol)

fitbit macros.png

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

It’s good to see you in the community, @Sonogal.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for providing a screenshot. I understand how you are feeling and recommend checking if your Fitbit app is updated to the latest version as updates come with new features and bug fixes: How do I update the Fitbit app? 

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have automatic updates enabled and confirmed It was updated a few days ago. Still occurs. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @Sonogal.

I appreciate the additional details. Our team is working to identify a resolution to this issue as quickly as possible. I am sorry for any trouble. I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The past couple of days the nutritional info has been completely inaccurate when logging food in the iOS app.

For example, when I log an avocado it says it has 29,000% of the daily recommended amount of Vitamin A and 2,000% of Vitamin C. This happens for every food item I log, and for foods that I have been logging for years without issue.

Examples: https://imgur.com/a/hYSt5oC

I can log into the dashboard on the website and fix the incorrect amounts, but the next time I log food in the app again it is back to the incorrect amounts, so there seems to be an issue with the app.

Thanks for the help.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

Hi there @Nuro

Thanks for taking the time to share what you've experienced with the Fitbit app when logging food and for attaching an example. To work on this together, may I know when this started to happen? In the meantime I suggest trying the following: 

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Clear your iPhone cache: How to Clear Your Browser's Cache on an iPhone.
  4. Reboot your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and log back in to your account.
  6. Try to log food. You can confirm the steps in How do I track my food with the Fitbit app?

If you are still experiencing this, you can attach some screenshots to your post by following these instructions.

See you around. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@CindyMFitbit The problem is real, other users reported it and I do have the same. It is a real bug in the iOS app.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Healthy-Eating/How-many-vitamins-is-too-much/td-p/4946804#M17304

Best Answer

I have followed all those steps (log out of app, re-install app, clear cache, re-boot phone, etc) but the problem persists. I agree with Seb that this is a bug in the app. I noticed this issue a week ago, so I can't say for sure when it started.

You can see the screenshots here: https://imgur.com/a/hYSt5oC

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Nuro and @SebWotan

Thanks for trying the instructions provided and for report this situation. I found that this information has been forwarded to our team and they are working to identify a resolution to this issue as quickly as possible. Thanks for your efforts while working on this matter.

I've merged your post to this thread for more information. 

See you around.

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer

Any update of the issue of incorrectly reporting micronutrient percentages?

This is still occurring for vitamin A, C and iron. I have the latest version of the app on iOS and I have followed the troubleshooting tips above. I can see that the raw numbers (mg, mcg) in the food items are correct, so I assumed there is a problem with the code converting to dietary percentages. I have searched the Fitbit forums and found 3 other similar threads over the past 6 months with no resolution. Please fix the percentages or get rid of them entirely as they are dangerously misleading. Thank you.

Very Respectfully,

Katbixie

Best Answer

It has been a year and apparently nothing has been fixed. The vitamin %s are outrageously wrong. How hard can this possibly be? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does this issue have a fix yet?

Notice my carbs, fat and protein grams don’t match. 

FA651DF7-9B7A-4065-A728-CEC391AF7560.png

Best Answer
0 Votes