Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Bluetooth keeps disconnecting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My Fitbit keeps disconnecting from my Bluetooth on my phone, I've reset it several times and it will connect then disconnect and erase my data. Idk if it's a phone issue or an issue with the Fitbit
Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Emsb. It's great to have you here. Please set up your Fitbit tracker as a replacement device. If this doesn't work, you can uninstall and reinstall the app. This should settle everything up.

Catch you later. Smiley Very Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

same issue

done everything metion on cummunity

but still same issue.

try to connect to other iphone, moto z 

same issue

is my fitbit bluetooth malfunctioning

what to do.

Best Answer

Hello @pathologist, thank you for joining us! Smiley Happy

As you have already tried @EdsonFitbit's instructions above, my best recommendation would be contacting our Support Team so they can investigate this thoroughly. I'm sure they will be more than happy to assist you further. Smiley Wink

Feel free to reply if you need anything else! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has been doing the same thing for quite some time. No matter what I do it eventually disconnects again. 

Best Answer

Ask for replacement

It not goona solve. Whatever you do. It keep disconnecting and then will not connect.

--
Dr. Tejas Patel

Moderator Edit: Format / Removed personal information.

Best Answer

My charger2 disconnected from my iPhone 6.

try to replace Fitbit; didn't work

reset iPhone ; didn't work

remove fitbit from Bluetooth ; didn't work

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is disconnecting as well. Sounds like others have tried fitbit's resolutions with no success. Guess the next step is to start using another brand.

Best Answer

Mine keeps doing this lately also and I've done everything mentioned multiple times. It is sooo annoying 

Best Answer

Did you get a replacement? If so, do you have a repeat problem with the new one? Mine is doing the connect/disconnect thing every few hours as well. Very very frustrating.

Best Answer
Went with another brand. No problems now.

Jeff's Cell
Best Answer

My Tracker 2 disconnects all the time also.   The only way to get it back connected is to shut the app, turn bluetooth off and on, and then open app.  Did all the fixes suggested on this thread but nothing changed.

I am very disappointed in this device.  

Best Answer

Mine does the same thing, very disappointed with fitbit too since the first watch had a sync problem too that warranty covered at around 8 months of age.  Then after 5 months on the replacement surge the band bubbled up and the band can not be replaced.  fitbit said the total time of the fitbit in my life is greater than 12 months so my warranty is over.  so sad seeing that I went from being a poor guy to having a $200 watch that looks like crap and now wont stay in sync to tell me when I have a phone call.  looking back on my life I should never spent $200 on a watch of any kind ever.  there are so many other things to spend money on and this does not improve my life as much as it was explained to me by the salesmen and advertising.

Best Answer

I have this exact problem too. Im on my third replacement and have also changed my phone to make sure it wasn't that. 

Very disappointed and will be going with different brand now. 

Best Answer

The disconnecting from bluetooth is a problem with Fitbit and they better fix it soon. This has nothing to do with our phones.

Best Answer

My problem was solved when I upgraded to a new phone.  It would disconnect many times a day with my Nougat os phone.   

My new Pixel 2 XL has no problems with my Charge 2.    

I'm not saying there isn't a problem with the Fitbit, just that my problems went away with a new phone.   

Best Answer
0 Votes
My phone is Samsung's S8 plus so it's not due to a low grade phone.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
I wasn't referring to the quality of phone, I was referring to the OS. I used my Fitbit for over a year with no issues. Then a Nougat security update came through and the disconnect problems started happening. (Android 7.1.1).
If you check the internet, it is full of Nougat / Bluetooth complaints.
Best Answer

Thank you I will do that. You learn something new every day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit keeps disconnecting at pairing

Best Answer