Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Bluetooth keeps disconnecting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My Fitbit keeps disconnecting from my Bluetooth on my phone, I've reset it several times and it will connect then disconnect and erase my data. Idk if it's a phone issue or an issue with the Fitbit
Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80
It’s OK. Everything is fixed now. Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Mainrunner1521, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @RenieB530, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know your issue has now been resolved. I really appreciate it. Smiley Happy

@Mainrunner1521, which tracker are you trying to pair? Have you restarted it yet? Have you restarted your phone as well? If so, please let me know exactly which troubleshooting steps you've tried so far so I can determine which steps should we take next.

Thanks for your patience, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

What did you get?  If FITBIT can’t fix their product, at least we can find something that does work.

Best Answer
Nothing yet.  There are just many other option out there.  One guy that is super techy uses Garmin.  Apple has nice features.  Possible the newer fitbits are better.  I am used to their product now so it's good be a hard decision.  At least I have been able to use bruit force with this to get it to work.  Last time I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and then accepted it again as a bluetooth device in my phones a Samsung s8+ connections settings and then it worked.  But it was the same app version so idk why that worked.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Everything is OK now and working as it should be. Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The very same thing keeps happing to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got that problem fixed. Everything is working s it should.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I wish mine worked.

It still disconnects all the time.

Best Answer

Hello @anniethorn, thanks for joining the conversation, it's nice to see you around. I hope you're doing well @RenieB530, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

@RenieB530, I appreciate you have come back and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. 

@anniethorn, thanks for bringing this situation to my attention. At this moment I would like to gather some information from you so I can check this further:

• Phone model you're currently using.
  • OS version currently running on your phone
  • App version currently installed on your phone (go to Account > Help to get it)

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
* I am using a Samsung JJ7

* Software version: J700PVPU2BQJ2

* Hardware Version: J700P.3

* Model #: SM-J700P

* Android Version: 7.1.1

* Reinstalled the Fitbit app from Play store so I assume I am using the latest version.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @anniethorn, I hope you'e doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have replied to me with the information requested. Have you restarted your tracker and your phone already? If so, I would like to suggest you to check the following:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

Additionally, go to your phone Settings > Apps and locate the Fitbit app, tap on it and select Clear Cache. I hope this can be helpful, please keep in mind that this board is specific for iOS devices. If you're still having trouble with your tracker, please refer to the Android board, where you can find more information about this OS. 

Thanks for keeping the Forums organized, I hope you have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have done all that you suggested and still it constantly disconnects.  The only way it will sync is if I close down my cell phone and restart it.  This is a pain to do every time I want to check my steps or sleep.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @anniethorn, thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

Thanks again for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions. 

In case you need anything else, please feel free to open a new thread on the Android board, where you can find more information about this OS. 

Happy stepping. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What’s the process of getting a replacement?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you don’t have a good warranty from the store, I would recommend looking at another brand.  This happens to other owners way too much to just be your watch and to believe that a new one wouldn’t have this problem.

Best Answer

Hi there @Samar123, great to have you in the Forums! 🙂

I'd like to know if  there's something I can help you with. If you could please provide with as much detail as possible, that would be great!

If you'd like to know more about the replacement under warranty process or return process, please check this link.

Let me know if you need anything else!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

We have two Fitbits (Blaze). Both have this problem. nothing allows it to stay connected more than 30 seconds.

Best Answer

I agree this disconnection doesn’t have anything do with the phone.

I have AT&T XR  Apple phone; and still have a problem with my

charger 3

Best Answer

Hello @ShortyCobb thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. 

I appreciate you have joined the conversation and let us know you're having trouble with your Charge 3. Could it be possible for you to elaborate a bit more of the issues you're experiencing? Having more details about this situation will be very helpful for us to check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

it's a problem with the Fitbit app...open it up, go to your account, select the device, then go to notifications, and re-pair it.  un/reinstalling the app will only re-necessitate this process. turning bluetooth on and off again @ settings, re-synching, etc, won't do it either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes