Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fitbit app keeps looking for my tracker

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why can't my iPhone app locate my Fitbit - has only happened last few days

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

@cam123 wrote:
Why can't my iPhone app locate my Fitbit - has only happened last few days

Try doing the following:

1) Turn phone off

2) Reset fitbit: http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-restart-my-tracker

3) Turn phone back on, go into fitbit app, and open Devices menu. Wait for sync.

Collin | Los Angeles, California

One, Charge HR, Aria - Android 5 (Moto X), Mac

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information. Help others while waiting for help!

Best Answer

SOLVED IT! I had the same problem and just called support. They explained that if you have other devices nearby with Bluetooth switched on it can confuse the tracker. I switched off Bluetooth on my ipad and it solved the problem straight away. 

Best Answer

Thanks! I had the same problem and it fixed it! 

Best Answer

Hello @iHasTurtlez and @AnnieJB, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board! It's nice to see you around @Collin1000, thanks for your insight about this situation. Smiley Happy

@AnnieJB and @iHasTurtlez, I'm very glad your issue has now been resolved, thanks for taking the time to reply and letting us know. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Happy stepping! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Samsung Galaxy 6 edge +.  I just got a new Ipad 4 mini.  The Charge 2 pairs with the mini but now the phone is stuck looking for the Charge 2.  I deleted the Charge 2 from the phones paired Bluetooth devices, restarted Bluetooth on the phone and it found and synchronized quickly.  Hope this helps someone else!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Totally worked! 

Didnt even realise Bluetooth was on on my iPad turned it off and Fitbit synced straight away 

don't know why it became a problem all of a sudden but it was annoying me not being able to set a new alarm 

thank you!

Best Answer

Hello @KeninMa and @Sarahjane0405, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you! Smiley Happy

I'm very glad your issue has now been resolved, please keep in mind that sometimes it's possible for other Bluetooth devices to interfere with the set up or syncing process if they're near your tracker and mobile device. Additionally, remember that when you set up notifications, a Bluetooth bond is formed between the phone and the tracker and will make it difficult for the tracker to sync with another phone or mobile device. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Weeeeell it did solve the problem and now it's doing it again 

I have no data yesterday even though I know the tracker was active it buzzed when I hit 10,000

no data on app either on iPhone or iPad even with all Bluetooth turned off apart from one device at a time 

no sleep data no silent alarm even though on and no low battery alarm 

extremely frustrating to gave to keep trying to figure this out 

Best Answer

Hello @Sarahjane0405, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

At this moment I would like to suggest you to restart your tracker, then monitor it for the next 24 hours making sure to sync it several times and if you're still missing data at the end of the day, please let me know so I can check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, please don't hesitate to reply if there's anything else I can do for you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Again solved the problem for about 48 hours everything seemed to work
I restarted and kept checking the app but then stopped checking so often and it's back to doing the same thing

My app now says the battery is low although still yellow I have had no low battery alert what so ever and my Fitbit hasn't recorded anything since lunchtime yesterday
It's now 1am the next day and when I tap the Fitbit no lights come on and it looks like it's dead and out of charge

I'm charging it much more regularly lately and it's dying with no warning
I can't keep checking and syncing all the time to keep it working surely

Battery low alerts have stopped so I can't even pre emp the failure

Sent from my iPhone

On 6 Sep 2017, at 13:14, Fitbit Community <community@mail.fitbit.com> wrote:

Best Answer

I've recently noticed the exact problem with my Surge and I can confirm it has nothing to do with other devices having Bluetooth turned on. I have several Bluetooth capable devices in my home and they are all perpetually on with Bluetooth enabled and this is the first time I've experienced this in years of Fitbit use. The Fitbit app on my iPhone just says "looking" trying to connect with the Surge. I also have a Fitbit One and do not experience this connection/syncing issue even though the One does periodically report a low battery when the battery is just fine. This problem corrects itself after a few syncs. The connection problem with the Surge however results in the quick draining of the Surge battery no doubt from the power being expended in trying constantly to connect with the iPhone Fitbit app without success. Turning off the Surge and iPhone and turning them back on usually solves the problem but only temporarily. This is a real issue that needs to be investigated by Fitbit and resolved. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue the last 3 days with my Fitbit Charge2.  Turning phone off and back on solves the "looking" issue but this is happening more frequently and needs to be resolved.  This just started happening a few days ago...

Best Answer

I am having the exact same problem since app updated.  Turned phone off reset account, works for 24 hours and then just keeps “looking” for my Charge.

this needs to be sorted via FitBit app not by us constantly having to reset anything. 

Best Answer

Having the same problem. Fitbit Alta hr worked for 2 days and won't sync to phone or iPad.

Best Answer

My Fitbit Charge 2 has been not connecting to my phone or the app. I've tried all of the steps on the troubleshooting page and everything other people have tried, and nothing has worked. When I try to sync it from the app, it just says "looking", and it never finds anything. It says that the last time it synced was yesterday morning, so I guess none of my data from yesterday or today loaded. This is a very frustrating process, but I am willing to try any suggestions that are not on the website or this thread. Thanks!

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

For those of you who are still having trouble syncing your Fitbit trackers, I would like to suggest you to enable All-day Sync so your trackers establish a Bluetooth link which will improve the way they sync with your phone. To set up All-day Sync, please go to Account > Your Tracker and scroll down until you see All-day Sync.

If after enabling this option your tracker is still having trouble syncing, my best recommendation would be setting up your tracker as a new device to reset the connection between your tracker and your phone. Don't worry, none of the information already stored in your account will be deleted.

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've got the same problem. I tried the instructions above, I set it up on "all day sync" as well, but when I wake up the next morning, it just keeps looking for my device and nothing happens. I also tried switching off the bluetooth of my other devices. 

Best Answer

I am having exactly the same problem with my Charge 2 syncing to the app on my laptop. I don't have any other bluetooth devices on and my Fitbit has only ever been paired with this laptop. I've reinstalled the app, I've paired and unpaired the Fitbit, I've restarted the Fitbit, I've turned Bluetooth on and off and still nothing for 3 days now. Has there been an update to the app that has messed things up somehow?
What else can I try?

Best Answer

Hello @RMBones and @Rembrandt, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Best Answer