Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fitbit app keeps looking for my tracker

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why can't my iPhone app locate my Fitbit - has only happened last few days

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

I'm having the exact same problem! It has been doing this for over 2 months now, despite working for over 12months before. Help before I give up 😞

Best Answer

Hello @Claireytrav, thanks for joining us, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have already tried the troubleshooting steps I've provided earlier. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. They will contact you very soon.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, in case you need anything else, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Problem with that solution is that it resets fitbit to factory settings and this is an unacceptable solution if you are say at two days past your last sync with 30,000 steps waiting to be logged.  There has to be a better solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would still like to know if there is a deeper underlying program or hardware issue as I thought of that already and when I took my fitbit and phone away from any other signals (other than the local cell towers) it still kept "looking."

Best Answer

Hi, I’m also having the same issue every few days (Charge 2). So far I am able to reset the Fitbit, sometimes several times, and it will sync back up. It seems like this problem occurs when the charge % is right around 50%. When I reset my Fitbit the battery % drops drastically. Tonight from 51% to 11%. Having to reset every few days is quite frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've had many emails back & forth with Fitbit & the final response was that the technicians would be looking to fix in an update....however I know from these forums that this is an ongoing issue & has yet to be fixed so I'm not holding my breath!
Best Answer

Thank you!!!!!!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Solved problem. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too and followed the above advice and unfortunately not working

@coffmandk wrote:

I am having the same issue the last 3 days with my Fitbit Charge2.  Turning phone off and back on solves the "looking" issue but this is happening more frequently and needs to be resolved.  This just started happening a few days ago..

UPDATE:

I have tried everything - When I turn off bluetooth and then try restarting it, it cannot see my Charge 2 at all.   So I am still stuck!! Smiley Sad what have you done to cause this issue in your software?  I never had this problem until a few weeks ago

Best Answer

I have tried everything - When I turn off bluetooth and then try restarting it, it cannot see my Charge 2 at all.   So I am still stuck!! 😞 what have you done to cause this issue in your software?  I never had this problem until a few weeks ago

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried checking for other devices nearby that have Bluetooth enabled? It was my ipad causing my issue with this so maybe worth checking and disabling. Please let me know if this works:) 

Best Answer
0 Votes
This sounds ridiculous but it works!! I gave up on my Fitbit ever working properly again. Multiple emails with the tech guys & no solution other than 'wait for an upgrade'. I left my Fitbit on my side which then drained & eventually died. After 2 weeks I recharged & resynch to the app & it's been working perfectly since.... including being synced to phone & car. No idea why this works but letting it drain to zero battey & reinstall after a couple of weeks seems to have solved my issue after months of frustration!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this with my Versa. I am fed up with having to reset my tracker so frequently, if I don’t reset it it stops syncing with my phone and won’t receive notifications. It IS set to all day sync and I have never connected it to anything but my phone. It’s all very well being told to turn off Bluetooth on other devices nearby but these days I a. Surrounded by Bluetooth devices and I’m not going to turn off Bluetooth on my Alexa, my sound system, my car, other family phones etc just to make my Fitbit work the way it should!

come on Fitbit boffins.... fix the problem...

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate some of you have shared your experience and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. For those of you who are still experiencing syncing issues, I would like to suggest you the following steps. I understand you have already tried some of them but at this moment I would like to ask you try them in the order provided:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having this issue and I had to go into my phone settings.  I turned off Bluetooth, turned it back on and connected to my Fitbit. THEN, I opened up the Fitbit app and it found my Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Brittanymm, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to let us know the troubleshooting steps you took in order to resolve your issue, I'm very glad. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have been having this issue with my Alta. Today while I was at the gym I noticed it had stopped tracking on the app and just kept searching. I got home, tried resetting my phone, closed and reopened the app, deleted the app and reinstalled it, turned Bluetooth off and back on as well as deleting my Alta from the app but now I can’t add it back on there as it keeps saying it’s searching for it. Really frustrating as I just started back up with my exercise routine. Hope this gets resolved soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @DarcyMarie93, thanks for joining the conversation, it's always great to welcome new members to the Fitbit Coummunity. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have joined us and shared your experience and the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. At this moment, I would like to suggest you to go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. Then, try to set up your Alta again as a new device, making sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the process. 

Thanks for your patience and undestanding, give these steps a try and let us know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello!
So far when I look to see if my phone is even picking it up under my Bluetooth it isn’t listed. I’ll try to disconnect from my speaker from the Bluetooth but when the problem initially started I wasn’t at home.

Thanks,
Darcy

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me, finally!

https://www.orduh.com/fitbit-charge-2-wont-sync/

Best Answer
0 Votes