Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 5/25/2017

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback. I can assure you the comments have been and continued to be reviewed and shared with our iOS team.  

As a reminder, I'm including our help article on the Fitbit app here.

Overwhelmingly, recent posts share the sentiment of no longer being able to revert back to the original dashboard and not having the option to choose. At this time there are no plans to revert access to the old Dashboard, but we always appreciate feedback on how to improve our app.

As a reminder, Please remember to keep your posts respectful and on-topic, per our Community Guidelines. This thread will be better for everyone as a constructive conversation.

Fitbit Update 8/17/2016

Beginning with version 2.26 of the Fitbit app for iOS, the new Fitbit app dashboard with an updated look is now fully implemented. You can no longer return to the old design. We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the feedback we receive from our customers.

You can find information about the new app dashboard and how to start using it by clicking here.

Fitbit Update 5/25/2016

I'm very pleased to announce that iOS users who have updated to version 2.23 of the Fitbit iOS App are now able to opt-in to use a preview of a new design of the Fitbit iOS dashboard!

One of my favorite features for this new dashboard preview is the quick log button in the bottom-center of the iOS App. This feature allows users to quickly: track an exercise, log food, log sleep, log water, send a friend request, scan a food barcode (if you are using the US food database), log their weight, or set an alarm.

IMG_1180.PNG

IMG_1181.PNG

Users can opt-in to use the new iOS dashboard design by:

1. Updating to version 2.23 of the Fitbit iOS App, click here to be redirected to the iOS App Store.

2. Click the Account button in the bottom right-hand corner.

3. Scroll down and click the Advanced Settings button.

4. Toggle the Preview New Dashboard button at the top of the page on.

IMG_1179 2.PNG

Click here for more details and let me know if you have any questions!

Moderator Edit: Edited thread title.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
741 REPLIES 741

I think that there should be an option to switch between the 2 dashboards. I have the BETA in Android and currently have that option. I don't like the new Dashboard so I have switched back to the old one but I guess that the developers will probably be too stubborn to make the changes that are necessary to please the majority of users (my idea is better than all your ideas syndrome). If I am forced to use the new dashboard, it WILL be a deal breaker and I will look for another tracker.

Best Answer

And please can the weight tile actually show weight?!

User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer
0 Votes

I hate the new dashboard, and now I have a spam banner across the screen. I see that many people have the same complaint. I am right at the point of tossing this product and buying a different brand. I see that a lot of people are saying that fitbit does not respond to any suggestions. This is disappointing. I hope it is fixed soon because I am not happy about this and it seems like it would be such an easy fix. 

Best Answer

I want the elegant old dashboard. Love those solid green lines. Wish I could jettison that obnoxious pink "opt in" bar at the top of the screen. When waking up, without glasses, I sometimes touch it accidentally. I'm normally a very calm person, but seeing the new dashboard makes me want to throw my phone against the wall. Ruins my morning!!!! Ridiculous, I know, but true. Help!

Best Answer

Obfuscated??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hate the new dashboard and can't change it back 😡 Can Fitbit please, please give us the option of changing back in the next update? I've looked in advance settings and no such optio exists on the most updated version I am using on my iPad.

thanks.

Best Answer
There's a place in another area to request new features. You can vote on
what you'd like to see implemented, like the old dashboard. but honestly,
they don't seem to listen or care. even from an accessibility issue for
vision issues, they simply couldn't care less. I've gone from an avid user
and recommender to giving negative reviews and dissuading anyone I have
fitness conversations with from buying fitbit products. From a customer
care standpoint, they are the worst.
Best Answer

Seems it wasn't just a few angry users in this forum who disliked Fitbits strategy on Apps, UI and ease of using the data with other health and fitness services... 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/julie-ask/fitbits-shift-in-focus-wa_b_14535258.html

Best Answer
The bottom line is Fitbit doesn't listen to their customers. I've stopped
recommending Fitbit as a fitness tracker line to my customers at the Pool.
Their losses were inevitable with that strategy.
Best Answer

OMG FITBIT...  I cant believe folks have been **ahem**ing about thee crappy new dashboard design for the better part of a year and you continue to taunt the community with the ANNOYING PINK BAR 💩

Best Answer
0 Votes

We want darker interface because the colours are disturbing

Best Answer
0 Votes

I find the new dashboard refreshing, mire intuitive easier to use. 

What i cant believe is how everyone was complaining that the app dashboard doesnt look like the web, now that it does, the same people dont like it.

Why not switch back to the old dashboard if you dont luke the new

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep, they don't care. I no longer recommend Fitbit to others as a fitness tracker at the gym/pool. Still, I'd rather have the pink bar than the new app. Sad they dont care...would be remarkably easy to have both and let people choose. I make sure to update my review as 1 star when a new version comes out.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
If were only that easy...the ability to return to the old version has been removed. I would love to see having the option of either old or new so the user could choose. Granted, some like the new version, and others have valid reasons for keeping the old view. Personally, I don't go to the website, only use the app. From a vision standpoint, there's not enough contrast for me to use the new version. But yes, to each his own!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

My cousin said that he went to account, advanced option, switched back to the old.

It has rven been reported that fitbit brought the option back.

Have you guys voted for this in the feature request. The area we are im miw is where fitbit users help each other out. This is not they place to give suggestions to fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
do you know what version he was using? The version on my 4S doesnt have
that option, but the one I'm using on my 5C does.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Ive managed to do it on my phone but the option is not on my ipad so have
to deal woth the **ahem** circles!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!  I hate the new dashboard.  Do not like it at all.  The old dashboard is quick and easier to look at.  

Best Answer

The Alta doesn't have Advances Settings. I look up my Fitbit stuff on my laptop as they don't have an app for Windows 8.1 on my phone. I hate the new dashboard. The new features might be fine for someone who wants the detail it shows but for a quick glance hovering over the bar graph for steps, for example, when you want a step count is all many of us care about. Having the hover feature as well as the "More" feature would be a good solution in my opinion.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Whew! What a relief! I was able to change back to the old display. The new display is terrible! It is so busy-looking you can't see anything. The old display makes me want to walk farther. I used to walk 5000 steps and now I walk 8000 - 10,000. When the new display comes I won't want to look at the display at all and that will hurt my steps.

Best Answer