Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New app dashboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Everyone should now be transitioned onto the new Fitbit app experience. With this new design, we've created a space that is more dynamic, integrated, and highly personalized.

We hope you enjoy using this new dashboard and interface for all your Fitbit needs and with more to come. For any issues using the new interface, for examples bugs you come across, we'd like for you to leave comments in this thread. 

Please only report bugs or issues with using the app. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks, everyone for your feedback on the iOS dashboard. We're always aiming to improve our user experience and have relayed this information to our team. 

There are no plans to revert to the old dashboard. We understand that the app update may not be up to your standards, but we do hope you continue to interact and explore the features. 

Since feedback has been received and because this thread is going off-topic, we will now be closed. We appreciate your cooperation.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
166 REPLIES 166

My issues are that the new dashboard is more difficult to read than the prior version and requires more steps to complete some of the same tasks (e.g., to set an alarm) compared to the prior version. 

I have difficulty reading it without my glasses, which is a problem I did not have with the prior version. 

Best Answer

I cannot figure out where to go to set my alarm on the app since this new update. Please help! 

Best Answer

@lisadibb Click on the little account symbol at the top left of the "dashboard," then click on your tracker where listed on the Account screen.  Then you'll see the same screen that you're used to, and you can add an alarm there.  The old easy "add" button on the dashboard is gone. 

This is one of the failures of the new design.

Best Answer

Nothing interesting or exciting with the new app.  I sync my Fitbit to the app.  It says I’ve reached my goal which I know is correct.  Several minutes later the data including the steps earned is reversed back to what it was prior to the sync. Hours later I sync again.  This time again it tells me that I reached my goal for the day.   So, I’m now reaching my goal twice daily with the new app.  

The way the challenges are organized is a mess.  In between active challenges are completed challenges.  In the Old app ALL completed challenges where listed in order of completion at the bottom.

What brilliant wizard came up this design??

Best Answer

It's not really a bug, by my issue is that I am filled with inchoate rage at the poor design choices that were made, and then forced on me with an arrogant "you'll learn to like it or else" attitude.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of thing? Is there a setting in the App that might reduce these feelings? Thanks in advance, and keep stepping!

Best Answer

@ChasBFit The setting will be in the Premium version...

Best Answer

My app will no longer sync with my Charge 2. I updated two days ago. Restarting my phone seemed to get it to sync today, so far, but it won’t sync the last two days. This is really a problem for me because I earn money for my steps through health insurance and can’t use my steps if they won’t sync. 

Best Answer

Is it possible to have the list of challenges (ones the I am enrolled in) organized in a way that is efficient and organized.  Currently mine are all over the map.  In the midst of my active challenges are completed ones, the ones that are waiting to sync and the completed challenges.  It would be so much easier if: A) all the completed challenges were listed at the bottom in the order they were completed. B) have the waiting to be synced challenges above the completed ones and listed in the order of eventual completed. C) list the current active challenges on top listed in the order in which they started.  This would make sense and also much easier to see.

Thanks 

Best Answer

The one thing I loved about the app was the “Calories Left” feature that projected the calories you would burn for today and therefore how many calories you had left. In the new version there isn’t even a feature that automatically shows the difference between ‘calories in’ and ‘calories out’. This is such a shame and such an intrinsic feature in how I utilise the app that I am unfortunately looking at other fitness/food log apps. Please please bring it back!! 

Best Answer

I have found that, due to this new dashboard, my steps have increased as I’ve been walking from store to store, looking at smart watches from Apple, Garmin, Samsung and others. Do you think there’s any way to fix this bug?

Best Answer

I think, the only option you have is to subscribe for premium Fitbit service. Then you will be able to decide, whether looking at other trackers is going to increase or decrease your statistics. This kind of personalized approach is a part of user experience, we are eager to pay extra for, don't we? 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I find it funny how you say it is more user friendly. I assure it is not. It is much harder to use and to read! Clearly Fitbit doesn’t care about its users anymore. There is no way to make the text bigger and to show all the stats like it did before. Now we see why - you expect us to pay for this information now. Pay for the information we were promised to get with the purchase of our $200 devices. Sadly I bought a scale from you as well! I feel screwed my Fitbit and I assure you I will be giving bad reviews to everyone! Your market share is falling and will continue to fall when your current users refuse to buy more products! And based on the feedback I’ve read non plan to pay your $9.99 a month or $79.99 per year to get the data we were promised with the purchase of our devices! I want a refund! 

Best Answer

My Lifetime distance, (SIX YRS+) has beed reduced by 12,000km in new dashboard, contacted Fitbit, still no resolution to get my actual lifetime KM back to where it should be.

My Charge 2, losing battery power, vibrating all the time since update / new dashboard/ no resolution from Fitbit

Losing my faith  in Fitbit after six yrs, several devices and loyal support

Best Answer

Thank you!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why can’t I see my sleep or steps anymore?

new dashboard is not user friendly 

Best Answer

My issues/bugs are

1) lots of detailed info has been replaced by white space

2) tiles have gone and instead big white rows allowing less info to be displayed

3) font size is smaller so harder to read

4) colours are less appealing and don’t show successes very clearly

5) heart doesn’t beat in rhythm

6) sleep pattern can’t be viewed at a glance

7) can’t tell which times have been hit /

missed on daily plan as laid out in a circle starting at the top rather than matching a clock 

😎 success isn’t celebrated well compared to before

These are all BUGS because they are all issues that make the new dashboard a worse experience than the last / downgraded / poorer quality. 

There is a claim that this new interface is more personalised - well my main bug report is that personalisation needs to be allowed to fix these issues. 

Thanks for listening FitBit developers!!! 

Best Answer

I cant figure out how to change the format of the fitbit the board of the watch and how to add sleep monitor. 

Its a little complicate and when you do the change dont give you a little training about how you can use it. Updates sometimes is good but this one dont like it and now I cant go back. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

sorry! For this but this is a fiasco bad, bad, I cant add stuff. When did you guys going to repair this app, that is why apple watch, samsung and garmin is better. 

Best Answer

New interface is terrible.  Miss the celebration of green when accomplishing goals.  This is too small and difficult to read.  Honestly, Fitbit needs to allow for user personalization or option for different faces or something so we can continue to appreciate the reason we purchased this device in the first place...daily goals accomplished.  This is lousy 

Best Answer