Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New display for exercise doesn't have HR graph

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit has changed the display on the app for exercise sessions. Lost the heart rate graph :chart_increasing: which was a nice layout. The new version is nowhere near as good. 
How do we get previous version back??! 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
54 REPLIES 54

Completely agree. Who on earth asked for this and what on earth were they doing! Lost lots of useful information about heart rates and distance run and all the other things that we all wanted. How on earth do we get back – failing that, going to buy a Garmin

Best Answer

Heart rate graph for exercise is a key feature that must be returned. 

Best Answer

So it’s not just my device? It doesn’t show any of the blue,orange, yellow graphs correct? Or time in peak areas? I’m so frustrated by this. I am very unhappy with the change. 

Best Answer

Has anyone had any comment or reply on this feedback from Fitbit?  Has anyone found out if we can revert to the old style?
I hate it… I can’t see my exercises clearly listed in chronological order anymore with the summaries and heart rate zone info and the colours.  The app was great and now it’s terrible!  

Best Answer

Completely agree! Who at Fitbit/Google thought this is a good idea?? Now the info in the exercise dashboard is stripped down so much as to be essentially useless. So disappointed and frustrated by this unnecessary redesign. 

Best Answer

Hello @NIuser1 and others.  You are describing a mobile app issue, not a web dashboard issue.  This seems to be a new issue with the iOS app.  If you all use iPhones, then this whole thread can get moved to the iOS app forum.

If you use Android phones, please post in the Android app forum.  This will help you get the attention you need.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I raised this with Chat help and had following response 

“This is for the latest update of our Fitbit app. This feature changed in that way in order to be more simple. I really apologize with your experience with this feature, I will give feedback to my whole team and let them know the issue you are having and probably it will change in future updates”

Bizarre decision as what is the point of having a fitness tracker that doesn’t provide heart rate whilst exercising 

Best Answer

It’s not even a fitness tracker anymore, it’s a step counter. Hopefully they get enough complaints to change it back to the old version. Thanks for sharing their response. 

Best Answer

This change reduces the device to being a watch and step counter.  I now hate that I have recommended it to others.  Sadly enough, maybe it is time to move to Apple Watch.  

Best Answer

I agree.  All the useful information has been removed. 

Best Answer

Completely agree the new look and usability is rubbing.  How do you get the previous back?

Best Answer

Not sure if this issue everyone is having is with Version 4.04, Charge6 and iphone, however, I had the same issue with these products and I disovered that by turning on the GPS within the exercise app on my charge 6 and starting it at the beginning of my walk, I got the charts back. This is what I got when I updated to 4.04 and allowed the exercise to autostart.

IMG_5467.PNGIMG_5468.PNG

This is what I got after I started the exercise app on my charge 6 AND turned on the GPS in the exercise app.

IMG_5469.PNGIMG_5470.PNGIMG_5471.PNG

I don't think the time in peak zone is correct however, as I take this walk everyday and I was allways in the fatburning zone for the majority of the walk. Now I sometime jump right into the peak zone, bypassing the fatburning zone completely.

Best Answer

I have similar issues. Maddeningly, I no longer get a count of lengths completed on a long swim. That was always essential to make sense of my recorded time. The details of heart rate during exercise have evaporated. I contacted the support helpline who initially addressed it as a device issue but it is clearly both the app and the online dashboard. They had no comment to make about the reasoning behind the changes and no reassurance that it will be fixed anytime soon, agreeing that it may be corrected at the next update, middle of next year probably. Can't understand why the organisation would want to take a backward step and alienate loyal customers in this way.    

Best Answer

Completely agree. This is a deal breaker for me. If they don't restore it I'll be getting a different fitness tracker. I just don't understand why they would remove something useful in the supposed name of simplicity. Surely if it's too complex for you, you just ignore it? This was one of the most useful functions for me. i have a nervous system condition where certain activities can cause tachycardia and i need to see what my peak HR is so I can avoid activities that that trigger it. 

Best Answer

Totally agree I’ve just been searching for the old exercise logs without success, the new logs are useless! 

Best Answer

100% agree. New display is absolute crap. Totally dumbed down and lacking information I used all the time. 

Best Answer

Click on a recent exercise and at the top right hand of the screen select the download/upload logo (box with arrow up). Select "Exercise" and there you go. It's a better way of locating other activities like "sleep", "food", "weight" and others. Everything is there as it was before the new design. Took me by surprise because I was emailing the graphs to myself for an easy access record and then it seemed to be gone. But it wasn't...

Best Answer

You’re right - well done !
Shame Fitbit help couldn’t tell me and others when they were asked what had happened to the graphs  - you’ve saved me couple of hundred pounds buying a Garmin ! 

Best Answer

Thank you!  Don’t understand why they would not let users know this but I am glad you found it.  Guess I need to collect any historical data that I want to keep.  Thanks again for letting us know!

Best Answer