Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Text Notifications on Alta HR after 11.1 update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I no longer get text notifications on my Fitbit Alta HR since iOS update 11.0. I get calls, but not text. I’ve tried all troubleshooting recommendations and reported issue to fitbit via chat. All notification settings in the app, in iPhone settings, and Bluetooth are set to on. Ive removed the app, removed device, reset the Fitbit, and added it all back on like new. Still have the issue. Please help. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
211 REPLIES 211

I have the same issue and am receiving no notifications 

my fitbit is used for emergencies as I am unable to carry phone on me

please help as I’ve done many repairing 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem with new IPhone 7 and iOS 11.2,1 of not receiving notifications of calls or texts on my Alta HR. No issues 2 days with iPhone 5 and before updating to 11.2.1.  I’ve got all notifications turned on, have removed and readded the Fitbit app, have paired and unpaired my Fitbit...nothing works.   Did the emailed instructions referred to in earlier posts actually solve your issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes
None of the instructions supplied by Fitbit have resolved the issue. I will be returning my Fitbit on Monday. No point in wearing a defective product. Maybe time to go Apple Watch or Samsung. I have been waiting for Fitbit to fix this problem with absolutely no success....very disappointed
Best Answer

No they didn’t. I still don’t receive text notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes it is VERY frustrating. It’s becoming a matter of false advertising if you ask me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine hasn’t worked since sept 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup, same here. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Perhaps Apple WANTS us to have to buy Apple watches. Doesn’t appear to be a Fitbit issue. Rather, an Apple software issue. 

Best Answer

Fitbit has acknowledged the issue is on their end. They need to update their software to be compatible with the iOS updates. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have been unable to get any text messages or calls (randomly will receive notifications) after updating my IOS on my iphone and was told after calling they would have technicians work on this issue.  Unfortunately cannot return since I have had it since August, but not going to get another and will be purchasing an Apple Watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m done also. I just purchased the series 3 and love it !!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

What brand is series 3?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Apple Watch. With GPS, not cellular. Not comfortable wearing a cellular device on my wrist when all you hear is warnings about keeping cell phones from body parts

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I too got an Apple Watch w/GPS and loving it too....
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This was the step I was missing. I wasn't pairing it through the app instead of the phone settings! Thank you for this solution!

BTPairing.jpgBTPairing2.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried and tried and tried this solution

it fixes it for a minute and goes off again!!

fed up

its a clear software issue as it worked seamlessly in the first month and is causing me grief the last 10days!!

please help resolve or refund the band!!

text notifications were my only reason to purchase this!!

i m not even a stepper!!!

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're having a great day. It's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community @MizRat and @BlueyedbeeSmiley Happy

@Blueyedbee, I'm glad your issue has now been resolved. If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to let me know. Smiley Very Happy

@MizRat,  thanks again for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you had any luck figuring out what the text notification issue is? I have an iPhone 6s Plus & Fitbit Alta and my text notifications stopped working after the 11.2 update. I just did another iOS update last night and nothing has changed with my Fitbit. I have deleted the app and re-installed...I have turned on and off every notification that has been suggested and more. I do get call notifications but that is it.

Best Answer
Exactly with mine. My issue started in October ‘17 and no matter what I did it wouldn’t work, Fitbit support told me it was Apples fault. Support Some people said they got it to work. I never did. I moved on to an Apple Watch January 3rd. Best move ever. You’ll love it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I haven’t received anything more from FitBit. I still get call & calendar notifications but not text. Every now & then I do all the troubleshooting steps to see if anything has changed but it still hasn’t been fixed. Very frustrating and disappointing how FitBit is just ignoring us all. 

Best Answer