Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Text Notifications on Alta HR after 11.1 update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I no longer get text notifications on my Fitbit Alta HR since iOS update 11.0. I get calls, but not text. I’ve tried all troubleshooting recommendations and reported issue to fitbit via chat. All notification settings in the app, in iPhone settings, and Bluetooth are set to on. Ive removed the app, removed device, reset the Fitbit, and added it all back on like new. Still have the issue. Please help. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
211 REPLIES 211

this fixed mine also! thank you!!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @klaffer, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community! 

I appreciate you have taken the time to join us and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad! Smiley Very Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi MarcoGFitbit, I have experience this similar issue for the past few weeks. I have followed the instructions you provided, and other combinations that other uses have suggested. After 3 times of trying this method, I am still not able to receive any texts or calls or calendar reminders.

Can you please help?

Thanks

Bryan

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Eeearth, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention and for letting me know you have already tried some troubleshooting steps. At this moment I would like to ask you for a list of the specific troubleshooting steps you've tried so far, that will be very helpful for me to determine which steps should we take next. 

Thanks for all your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi MarcoGFitbit,

I followed theses steps:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone, then check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. 
  2. Restart your phone (once again if you have already)
  3. Open the Fitbit app and tap on Account > Alta HR > Notifications. 
  4. Enable Notifications and when you receive a pop up asking you to pair your tracker and your phone tap on OK.

Thanks

Bryan

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Eeearth, I hope you're doing well, thanks for replying and letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far, I really appreciate it. Smiley Happy

At this moment I would like to suggest you to go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:

• Allow Notifications
  • Show on Lock Screen
  • Show in History

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, the notification is on, but still no luck, Do you have other suggestions?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to turn my all day sync off on mine.

Thank you,
Amber

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I tried that fix. Turned off the sync, but still no change.

Other suggestions?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
Have you restarted your fit bit.

Thank you,
Amber

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, multiple times

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Eeearth and @klaffer, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

@klaffer, I appreciate all your help with this situation. 

@Eeearth, thanks again for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried the re-pairing routine with no luck. Further web searching suggested turning off restrictions on your iPhone. Settings, General, Restrictions. I had this feature enabled so I disabled it and notifications started working. 

Fyi, restrictions are also known as parental controls. There are quite a few settings under restrictions but I just disabled it entirely. I have no idea which setting was blocking the Fitbit app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Kent_hiker, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the conversation and the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have let us know the steps you took in order to resolve this issue. I'm sure they will be very helpful for many members of the Community facing the same situation. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

For some reason my Alta Fitbit no longer displays my phone calls or text messages 

Best Answer

Just bought the Alta hr and have tried all the suggestions.  Wished I would have looked at this forum before purchasing a Fitbit.  It seems this issue has been going on for over a year with the same suggestions being made and them not working.  I am not sure how Fitbit has gotten away with this misleading information about what their trackers can do.  It seems it is time for a real solutions.  My texts worked for one day and calls never worked!

Best Answer

Hello @Katicabogar and @Eh720, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, thanks for joining the conversation! Smiley Happy

I appreciate your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions. 

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have Alta (not HR) 2-3 years now and new iPhone 6s.

Call, Message, & Calendar notifications are a key feature of the Alta.

I am hard-of-hearing, so these notifications are critically important to me - and my main reason for getting the Alta.

They used to work, but not anymore.

I have tried every suggestion on the last 6 pages, to no avail.

I am an electronics engineer, so I'm not shy to trouble-shoot and I understand that it might take some time to figure things out - but being only able to offer hit-or-miss suggestions 10-months after this serious issue was highlighted is unacceptable on every level.

I love my Alta, and I really do not want to give it up, so please provide a 100% reliable procedure to fix this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @CalDubai, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the conversation. 

Thanks again for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I upgraded my phone from the iPhone7 to the iPhone 8 and now I cannot receive my text/call notifications. I have repaired twice, restarted my phone twice and still no luck. Any advice on how to get this working again please?

Best Answer
0 Votes