Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Text Notifications on Alta HR after 11.1 update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I no longer get text notifications on my Fitbit Alta HR since iOS update 11.0. I get calls, but not text. I’ve tried all troubleshooting recommendations and reported issue to fitbit via chat. All notification settings in the app, in iPhone settings, and Bluetooth are set to on. Ive removed the app, removed device, reset the Fitbit, and added it all back on like new. Still have the issue. Please help. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
211 REPLIES 211
I did that and nothing still having the same issue

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried this solution multiple times and I’m still unable to receive text and call notifications on my Alta. These notifications were one of the main reasons I purchased the Alta. It is so incredibly frustrating. I have an iPhone 8 it’s iOS 11.3.1. Am.ybe it’s fine to buy an Apple Watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What worked for me was going settings in my Fitbit app, removing the device and then reinstalling it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @llwilliams43, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you around too @DemersonSmiley Happy

@Demerson, I appreciate you have taken the time to share your experience with us, I'm sure your tips will be very helpful for many Community members facing the same situation. 

@llwilliams43, thanks for letting me know you have already tried the troubleshooting steps provided earlier. At this moment I would like to ask you to go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Messages and Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and take a screenshot of what you're able to see here. Then, reply to me with both screenshots so I can check this further. 

Thanks for your patience, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just did all the steps everyone said to do and i still cant get texts or the thing to vibrate when a text comes in

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Kim629, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks again for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I finally got it to work thank you

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Kim629, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. Smiley Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. My wife’s Alta HR tethered to her iPhone & does not receive either text or phone notifications. My Charge 2 works fine 

UPDATE:

Restarting the Alta fixed this problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I still don’t receive message on my blaze

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ItBit, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the conversation, thanks for taking the time to reply @JoannaperezSmiley Happy

@Joannaperez, I have checked the previous case that was created when I reached our Support Team in your behalf. It seems they replied to you a while ago, could you please reply to them? Our team will be providing more options for you. 

@ItBit, I appreciate you have taken the time to let me know restarting your wife's tracker resolved the issue, I'm very glad! 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, my text notifications were working beautifully and now they do not. This issue just started for me a few days ago. I've tried forgetting my Alta HR from my iphone 7 plus. Then I restarted. Basically followed your instructions from 2017, which is I guess how long people have been struggling with this issue. Seems like a thing for Fitbits to work really great for a while, and then not. (This is my second Fitbit. "Fool me once, " etc.)

Are there any options or is this one of those "our developers are working on it" situations?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @nrtrujillo, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Notifications were working fine on my Alta and iphone6 up until two days ago. I tried all the troubleshooting tips mentioned in this thread with no luck. Please advise!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ReneeOC, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. 

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention and I would like to thank you for trying the troubleshooting steps listed above. At this moment I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was able to get it to work by restarting my fitbit. Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ReneeOC, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know your issue has now been resolved after restarting your Fitbit device, I'm very glad.

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Fitbit blaze is still not get text message

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried everything that they Said here But i don’t Get ant of my messages on my fitbit alta HR. 

I have a iPhone 7. 

I’m so frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Cheyenned1998, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you around @Joannaperez, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

@JoannaperezI appreciate your participation in the forums, would it be possible for you to let me know what was the options provided to you by our Support Team? As mentioned earlier, I contacted our Support Team in our behalf as I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so it will be very helpful to know what resolution you were given. 

@Cheyenned1998, would it be possible for you to let me know the exact troubleshooting steps you have already tried, knowing this will let me check which steps should we take next. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else you might want to add, please feel free to reply as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes