Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Text Notifications on Alta HR after 11.1 update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I no longer get text notifications on my Fitbit Alta HR since iOS update 11.0. I get calls, but not text. I’ve tried all troubleshooting recommendations and reported issue to fitbit via chat. All notification settings in the app, in iPhone settings, and Bluetooth are set to on. Ive removed the app, removed device, reset the Fitbit, and added it all back on like new. Still have the issue. Please help. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
211 REPLIES 211

It worked! I turned on all the messages alert (notification) on my phone. Hopefully it stays that way. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem I even rest my phone to factory reset and still nothing 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Bullette and @Joannaperez, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

@Bullette, I appreciate you have let me know your issue has now been resolved and that you're able to receive Notifications, I'm very glad. 

@Joannaperez, if everything seems right with your tracker and Notifications have been enabled on your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit, I would like to suggest you to reset Notifications from the Fitbit app following these steps:

- Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and tap on tracker. Then tap on Forget this Device. 

- Force-close the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping up the app. 

- Open the app again and tap on Account > Your Tracker > Notifications. You will receive the following Pop-up:

BTPairing.jpg

- Then, once you tap on Set Up, the app will begin setting up your tracker with the Bluetooth on your phone, which will prompt the next pop-up:

BTPairing2.jpg

- Tap Pair

- Once you get back to the tracker options, tap on Notifications an enable the ones you'd like to receive. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to factory reset my iphone 7 and followed your instructions and for the first time since I got my Alta back, it finally started sending text notifications 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @mshimi29, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. Smiley Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is still a problem with Fitbit Blaze

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have tried everything and nothing is working.  Any other solutions?  I'm very frustrated.  I have iPhone 6s  iOS 11.3

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @lrpratt thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board. Thanks for taking the time to reply @Joannaperez, it's nice to see you around. 

@Joannaperez, I was able to check with our Support Team that you have already reported this to them and you were sent resolution. Once you receive it, please set it up and check if Notifications work correctly. Remember to remove your current tracker from your account and the Bluetooth settings on your phone before setting the new one. 

@lrpratt, Thanks again for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve been having this issue for months and have been constantly complaining and in contact with technical support but I was never offered a new fit bit tracker.... I was always told I had to “wait” until there was an update or the issue was resolved:exclamation_question_mark::exclamation_question_mark::exclamation_question_mark::exclamation_question_mark:

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried it all. No change.  May need to look at a different brand of fitness tracker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried it all. No luck.  Considering a different brand of fitness tracker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m not getting a replacement because of the notifications I’m getting a replacement because it wasn’t tracking my steps correctly

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same issue on my Charge 2. I’ve tried all the same troubleshooting steps and I returned the first one I got because I thought it was broken. My second one has the same issue. Alerts for incoming calls but no text alerts at all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I receive my fit bit today I updated it and I still am having the same issue no messages are coming through my Fitbit only phone calls and regular notifications but not text messages are coming through and I have the fit bit blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have tried all the troubleshooting steps I've provided earlier. At this moment I would like to ask you to go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Messages and take a screenshot of what you're able to see here, then reply to me so I can check this further. 

@lrpratt, I appreciate you have taken the time to reply, were you able to receive a response from our Support Team? 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sent from my iPhon

E1CCE370-AB6A-4F3C-9C67-4E3671575383.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Joannaperez, I hope you're doing well, I appreciate you have replied to me with the screenshot requested. 

Thanks again for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with my new iPhone 8 and Alta. Was fine with my old iPhone 6. Is there any fix coming for this? (I also tried the suggested steps and it did not help.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I fixed it! I had to remove my device from the ap and reinstall it. It’s all working fine now. 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes