Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Text Notifications on Alta HR after 11.1 update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I no longer get text notifications on my Fitbit Alta HR since iOS update 11.0. I get calls, but not text. I’ve tried all troubleshooting recommendations and reported issue to fitbit via chat. All notification settings in the app, in iPhone settings, and Bluetooth are set to on. Ive removed the app, removed device, reset the Fitbit, and added it all back on like new. Still have the issue. Please help. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
211 REPLIES 211

Did you ever get a resolution?  Mine is doing the same.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No change

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Never was able to and then band stopped syncing with phone ?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
No resolution – still not receiving SMS text messages as I should be .. still waiting, un-patiently and disappointed and frustrated!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same has happened to me! I charged my Fitbit and now no text notifications on my iPhone 7. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Meme-4wrote:
Did you read back through the email responses to the steps for resetting
your Fitbit. I posted them several months ago. Once I follow these
instructions and then synced my Fitbit to my Bluetooth, I started receiving
the notifications. Please try this method.
--
Elaine

I have tried everything and nothing has worked. It did at first  and then stoped. I am upset that I payed there price and they want repair the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything. text notifications were my ome of the reason to purchase this Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I understand some of you are still experiencing issues receiving text notifications on your tracker after updating the iOS on your phones and I know some of you have already tried some troubleshooting steps, however I would like you to try the following one more time:

Go to your phone Settings and confirm or adjust these settings:

• Bluetooth— Verify that Bluetooth is on.
  • Do Not Disturb—This feature prevents your phone from sending notifications. Verify that Do Not Disturb is off
  • Notifications—Your phone must be set to receive notifications before they can be sent to your Fitbit device. Check these settings:
    • For Phone, Calendar, and Messages, make sure Allow Notifications and Show in History are on.
    • For Messages, also make sure Show in History, Show on Lock Screen and Show as Banners are on.

Then, set up the notifications you want to receive on your wrist. Make sure your charged Fitbit device is nearby.

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon (User-added image) > your device image.
  2. Tap Notifications. If you're prompted to pair your Fitbit device, follow the on-screen instructions. 
  3. Turn each notification category on or off depending on your preferences. If you want to see calendar notifications, make sure any other calendar apps are synced with your default calendar app. Only the default app sends notifications.  
  4. If your Fitbit device can receive notifications from other apps on your phone, tap App Notifications and make your choices. If an installed app is missing from the list, sync your device and then check again. 
  5. Sync your device.

You're done setting up. Notifications should appear on your device when it's near your phone (about 30 feet). If notifications are delayed or missing, see My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone​.

Now, if after trying these troubleshooting steps you're still not receiving text notifications, please go to Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and take a screenshot of what you're able to see, that will be very helpful for me to determine which steps should we take next. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I hope this helps! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
Finally worked! I had to turn off my phone several times, but it reset and now I’m getting notifications from both texts and calls.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone
Please excuse typos
Best Answer

Mine has been intermittent. I no longer have an iPhone so posting IOS instructions won't help the Android users (help folks, please pay attention). Now I'm getting text/phone notifications but it is intermittent even when I carry the phone around with me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem and I’ve tried everything and it will not work

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SophiaGober and @DSary, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @ItsMeLisaSmiley Happy

@DSary, I'm very glad your issue has now been resolved and you're now receiving notifications. I appreciate you have shared your experience with me.

@ItsMeLisa, I appreciate your participation in the forums, please note that I posted iOS instructions because this board is dedicated for iOS users. Nevertheless, please check this post from @MarreFitbit describing troubleshooting steps for Android users. 

@DSary, I appreciate you have tried the troubleshooting steps I've provided. At this moment I would like to gather some information from you so I can check which steps should we take next:

• iPhone model you're currently using.
  • OS version you're phone is running.
  • App version currently installed in your phone (go to Account > Help to get it)

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Fitbit team,

I experience the same issue with my Alta HR, I get calls but not text notifications.

My phone - iPhone 8,

iOS - 11.2.6

app version - 2.46 

I tried the steps you described before and still don’t receive texts on my Alta

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Evelyneann89, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate it you have already tried the troubleshooting steps described above, Our team is currently aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. 

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this situation has caused. I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everyone please ensure you don’t have “zoom” turned on in your iPhone settings. When I turned that to off I began receiving texts on my Fitbit again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there

My problem has been resolved. After trying all the steps multiple times it came good!

Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Michelleb3 and @MiHD, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know your issue has now been resolved and that you're able to receive Notifications on your tracker. 

@MiHD, I appreciate you've shared with us the troubleshooting steps you followed in order to resolve this issue, I'm sure they will be very helpful for many members of the Community facing the same situation. 

Thanks again for reaching out, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me. Nothing worked until I restarted my iphone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally.  thanks for this solution.  Mine has not been working for about a month.  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Fdlowe and @SeanBanahan, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, thanks for joining the conversation and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes