Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing charge 2 with iphone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've tried several times over the last 24hrs & nothing works. I get to 'pairing your tracker' enter the numbers & then it gets stuck trying to connect. My ISO is up to date, I have restarted my phone, turned Bluetooth on & off & reset the Fitbit several times. When I look in Bluetooth the Fitbit  appears to continuously connect & disconnect. What should I try now?

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40

There are a lot of people having a really hard time pairing, including myself. Customer service didn't help. The app needs a serious update. 

Best Answer

Im having the same issue. cant offer any advice but following with interest.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @amyj02 and @Helen2980, thanks for joining us, it's always nice to see new faces around! Smiley Happy, it's awesome to see you around @Hmcqueen14.

If your tracker is not finishing setting up I would like to suggest the following:

1. Restart your Charge 2 and leave it plugged in and charging
  2. Restart you mobile device once more.
  3. Go to the Bluetooth settings and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this device.
  4. Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the setup process. 
  5. Try to set up your tracker once again while it's plugged in and charging:
    • Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account tab at the bottom of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
    • Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue

I hope this information can be useful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

After countless hours attempting to pair my Fitbit, I returned the sucker and replaced it with a new one. BAM, finally working! There has also be a firmware update from Fitbit. 

Best Answer

Hello @Helen2980, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I'm sorry you had to replace your Blaze, but I'm glad the replacement is working without inconveniences. In case you need anything else, feel free to reply, I'll be happy to help. 

In case you have some spare tiem, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Happy stepping! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm glad you got your blaze replaced. And seemingly easily. I'm in convo with support via email as I'm not paying to call a US number. They keep telling me to try things that I have already done. It's like they don't read your email- or just stalling.
Getting very annoyed and upset at the whole thing! My Fitbit bubble is well and truly burst!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Charge 2 not the Blaze and I'm not sure where you got the idea I've had it replaced. 

Obviously there is a problem with the FitBit but now I have to wait 2-3 weeks for a dongle to be sent to try to get it working through my computer.  I've explained that I haven't updated to Windows 10 & so can't see that this is going to work either & I haven't received a direct reply confirming this or otherwise.

I now really feel like I'm being fobbed off & giving FitBit breathing space before I'm back on to them when the dongle finally arrives. 

I want to be able to sync my Fitbit with my iPhone regardless & also think that trying to set up on the PC is skirting around the issue rather than dealing with the problems with iOS. 

Can you give me a response which gives me some direct answers to the problem people are experiencing with the problems syncing the Charge 2 ?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

See above, I haven't had my Charge 2 (not Blaze) replaced. Now have to wait 2-3 weeks for dongle to arrive to try & set it up with what I think is an incompatible computer as I haven't updated to Windows 10 which FitBit are aware of... Was so excited to get up & running but think my bubble has burst too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I strongly feel that I am being fobbed off too. Being told to try the same things over and over again.

I know what you mean with it being pointless when you want the Fitbit paired with your phone- me too.

I was asked to pair with a pc which I tried and failed so informed the support of this. I have a dongle from a previous purchase but still no avail. Then the very next email told me to pair with a pc again!!! Oh but this time they need screen shots to prove it's not working!!!

Honestly I have two babies at home! Who has time for this???

Not happy. Hope you have more luck than I'm having!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Come on FitBit, clearly there is a problem, why keep messing people around when you must know there is a deeper problem.  Just give us a simple solution & keep your customers happy not pulling their hair out! 

Best Answer

My charge 2 will not light up when I turn my wrist towards me like it is supposed to.  It did for about an hour when I first got it and synced with my iPhone but no longer does.  Also when I receive notifications it only vibrates but doesn't light up when someone texts or calls like my

old charge used to.  Isn't it supposed to light up?  Lastly when I hit my target steps it only vibrates and doesn't light up.  I have to push the button on the side to see everything.  Is this normal?

Best Answer
0 Votes

After I tried everything possible (without success) the instructions of MarkoGFitbit solved the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I continue to have the same pairing problem as Helen2980.  I've followed all the directions, restarted/reset both my Charge2 and my iPhone6S, forgotten the device, deleted the previous Charge2 that was set up, etc.  I finally got a paring number to appear but it never progresses to connecting and the device doesn't show up in my Bluetooth settings. My Charge2 is connected to my iPad though so I don't think there's a problem with the Fitbit device.  

WTF, Fitbit?  This is clearly a common problem. Have you guys figured it out and can you help?   I really enjoy my FiTbit but I am unable to utilize it fully. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's really tough pairing fitbit charge 2 watch with iPhone 7. Unable to do after several attempts. It is really ridiculous:(.

Can anyone help.

@Helen2980 wrote:

Come on FitBit, clearly there is a problem, why keep messing people around when you must know there is a deeper problem.  Just give us a simple solution & keep your customers happy not pulling their hair out! 

Best Answer

Thank you Marco G. You solved my problem. The bluetooth on my tablet overtook the bluetooth on my i phone & that`s what caused the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been trying to pair my Fitbit charge 2 for at least 1/2 hour without any luck. Any tips?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi zeravla

i had a problem pairing also but discovered that I needed to disable the Bluetooth on my tablet & just leave Bluetooth on my iPhone & paired no problem them. Hope this helps. Best of luck👍🏻

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried that but unfortunately it didn't work! 😔 

Others suggestions?

thanks!

Best Answer

Seriously need to make this process easier.  Out of the box, no instruction.  You go to Fitbit.com and do the set up.. and it tells you to download the app???  Just tell me to download the app.  Then, you have to restart your Iphone 5 times to get updates.  Will see what happens next.... Fitbit is on borrowed time.

Best Answer