Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Lost steps when syncing multiple trackers

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

6/14 Update: This issue should now be resolved. If you previously unpaired a secondary tracker, we encourage you to pair it back to your account and resume using multiple devices.

Thanks everyone for your assistance with investigation, as well as your patience while we worked to get this corrected.

We are aware that some customers are seeing a decrease in steps when syncing with multiple trackers. Our team is investigating this situation, and working to ensure that multiple trackers on a single account are able to sync without issue.

If this has affected you, we recommend having only a single tracker paired to your account until it is resolved. We will update this thread when we have an update.

Apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience!

Best Answer
164 REPLIES 164

@harvc wrote:
See you around? Is that a joke? Why don you give us details on time to fix
and what Fitbit are doing to resolve this issue. Worse customer service
I've seen for a long time...
--

*~*
Harvey Creed
harvcreed@gmail.com

Hi, saw this email response another fitbit user got.....it amounts to we messed our app up.....no time frame for fix.

Scroll down towards the bottom

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Flex-2/Lost-steps-when-syncing-multiple-trackers/m-p/2041512#M11050

Best Answer

I have been having the same problem and am beyond frustrated! I use my Flex for the shower and alternate 2 Altas. Always wear one at a time and am careful to sync anytime I switch between the two. It evens warns that unsynced data will be lost. Well, now, even synced data is gone! I have my Fitbit account linked to my Dick's Sporting Goods card and have lost several days worth of points due to this glitch. My husband recently switched to an Apple Watch. I have been resistant to change but maybe I should follow his lead. 

Best Answer

I have a Charge HR and a Blaze on my account.  Due to the blaze being so sensitive I cannot wear it when boxing. Yesterday I logged at least 10,000 steps before my class synced the blaze.  Put my Charge HR on and clocked up another 4000 steps but when I synced it the dashboard says 1 step.  I'm upset that we are all addicted to getting to goals only to be let down by the multi tracker sync failing.  We need an update asap we should be able to keep both trackers in the same room and please address the sensitivity of the Blaze pausing your workout when you catch the screen is annoying as it takes about 4 taps to actually start the exercise off. Give us a screen lock option for the blaze before exercise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This also suddenly happened with my older HR and new flex2. The support sucks because each time I call on my case, I get different "work arounds" that don't even work. I have already started looking at new trackers. There's a simple fix Fitbit developers have not considered. Lock the account update allowing 1 tracker at time to sync. Before a sync begins, make sure new steps are not less than old steps. If they are, abort sync of that device. This means a store of incoming data to a temp table to allow for comparisons. Once sync to done, release lock for next device to sync. 

Best Answer

I think this is an across the board problem that can affect any tracker.  I have a Flex, Charge HR2, and Charge HR.  Lost steps now are happening ONLY with the Charge HR - communication between the HR2 and Flex are still fine, no problem.    From everything I"m reading, people are having the same problem, but with different trackers.

Best Answer

I cannot believe that this issue hasn't been fixed yet. This is unacceptable. I am close to sending back my second fitbit since I can't reliable wear/sync both. 

It used to work - Fitbit should be able to fix this.

Best Answer

When is this going to be fixed because my charge 2 has gone from syncing every now and then to not at all and it is extremely frustrating! I want to raise a complaint because you have been made aware of the issue for weeks now by multiple users and still no fix! I will be asking for my money back if this doesn't get fixed because the product currently is not fit for purpose! 

Best Answer

Just advertised my fitbit charge HR2 on ebay, I knew I shouldn't of bought the 2 after my experience with the first Charge HR failing with miserable support and terrible turnaround times from fitbit customer support.  Seem's this company is more interested in coining in new customers rather than keep there existing customers happy.  Will troll the fitbit twitter account in the meantime, hopefully others will do the same... but I'm looking for other trackers, this company sucks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree. A response from the Fitbit team of "see you around" is so wrong. WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree. A response from the Fitbit team of "see you around" is so wrong. WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi again! 

I've tried to conduct a small test, as yesterday i lost over 10000 steps when i switched from flex 2 to Charge 2, and i did everything in order, synced flex first, multiple times, then synced charge and it had all steps on it, but as soon as i started walking with charge 2 everything reseted to 0. 

Anyway, i came up with the idea that maybe my flex 2 is the reason of everything. Anyway, today's experiment went like normal until i once again lost steps when switching from flex to charge. I wore charge in the morning and when switched to flex everything was fine but switching back came with problems, i lost all steps that i got on flex about a 1000, but anyway. 

I will continue experimenting with the way i sync trackers and will keep everyone posted if something will work. Currently it appears that my dashboard only acknowloedges steps from charge 2 and deletes all new steps from flex 2.... 

Best Answer

I have the same issue with my flex and alta.  Very frustrating.  It was working fine until about 2 weeks ago. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I should have included some details for those who are working on the problem.

I wore my Flex for my workout and logged 4,700 steps.  Then switched to the Alta later and tried to sync (all day sync was on) and that's when I lost all the steps that were logged on the Flex.

Thanks for working on it.  I'm sure you'll have it fixed soon.  I've had years of trouble-free usage until now.

I have turned all day sync off for now,  and will just use 1 tracker until the issue is resolved.

Best Answer
0 Votes
When I bought a new Alta HR I had the same issue with the Charge 2
overwriting the Alta. The Alta, however, does not overwrite the Charge. I
gave up and removed the Charge 2 entirely. 😞
--

Christina (Gymratchris) at Fitscholar.com

Owner and Blogger, FITScholar, LLC - http://fitscholar.com

WERQ Master Trainer, http://werqfitness.com

IDEA Inspired Blogger, http://ideafit.com
Certified Group Fitness Instructor, Aerobics and Fitness Association of
America (AFAA)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Has this been fixed yet?  I'm with several other people here...I use my Charge 2 for my "normal" tracker since I need the watch and want the HR function...but I am in the water A LOT so I need the Flex 2 for that.  I lost over 8600 steps the first time that I tried to use the Flex 2.  Also, I didn't sync the Charge...it did it by itself from several rooms away.  When I tried to explain that to the customer service person on chat he got mad at me and basically called me a liar and told me that there was no reason to get upset.  He seemed to think that just because the steps had been recorded and that HE could see them that I shouldn't care that my step total was wrong and that my average and challenge were basically ruined for the week.  How exactly is Fitbit planning on letting us all know when this gets fixed?  If this isn't resolved soon I'll look elsewhere for a new tracker and a company with better customer service (several friends told me horror stories of how poorly they were treated by Fitbit customer service when I shared my story with them).

Best Answer
0 Votes
Katie_van- when I spoke to customer service they told me more sophisticated tracker would "dominate" so it makes sense you are losing flex steps. I stopped using my Alta until they figure this out

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue should now be resolved. If you previously unpaired a secondary tracker, we encourage you to pair it back to your account and resume using multiple devices.

Thanks everyone for your assistance with investigation, as well as your patience while we worked to get this corrected.

Best Answer

Yay!!!! It works again!! Wahoo!!!

Best Answer

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well my 2 tracker problem is not the issue anymore as now my charge HR has just stopped working completely . Beyond frustrated !

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes