Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Lost steps when syncing multiple trackers

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

6/14 Update: This issue should now be resolved. If you previously unpaired a secondary tracker, we encourage you to pair it back to your account and resume using multiple devices.

Thanks everyone for your assistance with investigation, as well as your patience while we worked to get this corrected.

We are aware that some customers are seeing a decrease in steps when syncing with multiple trackers. Our team is investigating this situation, and working to ensure that multiple trackers on a single account are able to sync without issue.

If this has affected you, we recommend having only a single tracker paired to your account until it is resolved. We will update this thread when we have an update.

Apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience!

Best Answer
164 REPLIES 164

When will there be a fix?

Best Answer

I haven't got 2 devices but finished my workout, synced it and it added all the steps on! Also tracked with mapmyrun. When I synced again later on, it lost the steps from my run!! Very frustrating! Means I didn't meet my step target when I actually went over 😣 All other info like heart rate and calories synced 

Best Answer
yes!!  this is what is happening to me!
Best Answer

I have a Charge 2 and the Aria scale and I lost two thirds of my steps yesterday. No other device syncing on my account. Losing steps is maddening. 

Best Answer

@maureenv2 wrote:

I agree they first try to blame it on me. However, I had spoken to customer service for 50 minutes last week and they never got past blaming, so I hope this is a good sign. Does anyone from Fitbit read these posts?

I hope they are not ignoring this. Everyone with 2 trackers is having a problem. They need to fix it soon for me. I recently purchased my charge 2 to replace the charge hr and if they don't fix it, I will return the charge 2. No point in having 2 trackers if you can't use both

I have taken to trolling them on Twitter......where they do a lot of their pr work. I'm hoping it will make a difference because until you buy a tracker and have problems you don't see the forums .......you only see their webpage promoting their trackers and the use of multiple trackers. 

Best Answer

Trolling Twitter is a good idea

Best Answer
0 Votes

What's the timeline for a fix on this, if you know what the problem is surely it should be an easy fix? The tracker is about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike in its present state!

Best Answer

I've been experiencing the lost steps problem this week (twice, Wednesday I lost 23,000 steps and today after work at 2pm I lost 18,500 steps) I used a Charge HR for work and a Charge 2 for when I'm not at work. After reading this has been a common problem when using two trackers, I removed the HR from my account. Since doing this I have clocked up another 5,000 steps this evening and having just synced the Charge 2, it's taken the recent steps off me again and off the tracker 😞 So it's still doing it even when there's only one tracker on my account! I'm getting really frustrated with it and it does seem pointless having it on?!

I added the steps in manually but that doesn't add them to my seven Day step count nor any challenges?! 

Best Answer
I don't know how to add them manually .. hmmm I only have one tracker also.

Jenn Hilton. 😊
Best Answer
0 Votes
It's a bit pointless adding them manually tbh, it doesn't give you the calories burned or the active minutes and like I said, it doesn't put them on your seven day total or contribute to your daily average or any challenges 😕

Where I Shouldn't Be...:no_pedestrians:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/110931270@N03/albums
Best Answer

Lost over 13000 steps when I synced my second Fitbit. We're in the middle of a work challenge for great prizes and now I'm out. FITBIT SUCKS

Best Answer

1-zooming down to 1 day results will show the trackers results.

2-flex2 is literally a week old and isn't counting steps even after I removed my Bluetooth link to my Charge.  The lights and app are showing 106 steps. However when I zoom in I see I'm over 7k.

3-returning flex2, hestitant to purchase additional flex2 for Father's Day and for wife.

4-love the size and waterproof, thinking of getting for kids. Wishing Fitbit would turn the Bluetooth connection to kid tracker, by announcing when the kids are out of Bluetooth range. However, I need the tracker and app to count steps and track sleep.

please fix asap

Best Answer

Why are you (Fitbit) leaving your customers in the dark on the many sync issues since the last app update rolled out? everyone that keeps their apps up to date has been suffering since 5/23/17 with this. 

Best Answer
Exactly . It seems nothing is being done as Fitbit have not contacted us on this thread at all. Very disappointing .

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello, 

I have a similar issue, but it goes even deeper. I just got a Fitbit Flex 2, an add-on on my Charge 2, and started using it yesterday. When syncing at night I did lose about 1000 steps, but thought it was my fault as I had both trackers nearby when syncing. I was wearing Charge 2 all morning and switched to Flex 2 as we were going to the beach. Everything was great, I added those 1000 steps on my Flex 2, but when I was charging at night it reverted to the steps back on Charge 2. Again, I thought my bad, as the trackers were next to each other when I was doing a sync for the night.

However, the problem arose today again. I woke up with my charge 2 walked around the whole did 123 steps, I swapped the trackers and went for a small shopping walk about 1,151 steps, now, when I came back home, I could see for several minutes the total of my steps, but then the IOS dashboard went bacsteps123 steps. I can see the "walk" on my activities and on the step histogram, it shows that my total is 1.687 steps but on the outside, it just shows that 123 steps. I deleted the app. removed the tracker, and when I was connecting it again for 2-3 minutes it showed the real total, but then again went back to 123 steps. 

I even went on my computer dashboard, there I see under activity that I had a 20-minute walk with 1.151 steps but They are not shown on the Step Tile. I'm really disappointed with this. Will I have to just remove and add trackers all the time when I'll be swapping them? 

Thank you to anyone who'll be able to help me out with this. My daily goals are for steps and if I start losing them like this, it will mess up my whole program. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I couldn't agree more. We need to keep contacting them.. time is running short. I either have to return my charge 2 or they need to fix the problem. Wish I could return both trackers. Should we be publicizing this on our FB pages?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

same issue.  looking for resolution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same annoying problem!!! I hope the fix it soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@emmaxx615 Thanks for joining the Fitbit family! I moved your post to this thread on the iOS Board as you will find more information regarding this problem here.

Please take a look at this post for more details regarding the issue you are experiencing. 

See you around! Robot Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
See you around? Is that a joke? Why don you give us details on time to fix
and what Fitbit are doing to resolve this issue. Worse customer service
I've seen for a long time...
--

*~*
Harvey Creed
harvcreed@gmail.com
Best Answer