Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redesigned Sleep experience now in the iOS app

Why are the sleep scores and data displayed differently? I assume it’s the new ios update, but I preferred the former presentation.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
489 REPLIES 489

Wondering if there was any Beta test with actual users.  Cannot figure the rationale.  I am having to work harder to get less information, less useful information and less accurate information.

Best Answer

The new interface is beyond awful, plus it loses sleep data. Hate!

Best Answer

I am in total agreement, in the sleep category, this update totally sucked.

Best Answer
I ABSOLUTELY agree!!

Get Outlook for iOS<>
Best Answer
Prime example of “ Burying your head in the sand!” You’d think Google/Fitbit would be interested in their customers’ views regarding their product!!

Get Outlook for iOS<>
Best Answer

At this point it’s clear that Google is purposely trying to kill FitBit. I can’t imagine these horrible choices are being made because someone thinks they look good, and are user friendly. 

Best Answer

Yikes!  I hadn't thought of that.

Best Answer
Now, if only Fitbit would listen to their customers!
Best Answer

rmhouse1,  No , I don’t think anybody from google is listening. We already spent money on purchasing Fitbit watches. So why to bother???  That’s funny that I bought Apple Watch but didn’t like the lousy sleep app design and came back to Fitbit , because its sleep app was perfect for me. Now it’s worse than Apple. So go back to apple, at least it has the other cool stuff and Fitbit has nothing to offer anymore. Sad story 

Best Answer

sew1der, agree 200% 

Best Answer

Hi mrtonym, you said exactly what I wanted to say. It doesn’t recognize interrupted sleep anymore, it doesn’t calculate sleep stages correctly. This morning I got  sleep hours results all wrong . It’s outrageous 

Best Answer

No, unfortunately I think it’s final

Best Answer
0 Votes

Heather-S, Well today is 19th, nothing came back

Best Answer
0 Votes

The new sleep score graph design is completely not accessible. Your designer/s or whoever came up with this, should be fired. I love fitbit, but its seriously the first time I thought about switching to a different watch, because of the design (!!!) 

Best Answer

It is, indeed.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well that stinks. Seems not to many happy with the sleep change
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I contacted Fitbit support on X today and they were very very prompt and gave me two different links to voice my concern. Here it is.:down_arrow:

Thanks for the info and photos. After checking your account, I see that your app is already updated to Version 4.14.1. And about that, this is how the new format of sleep data will be, moving forward starting from our Fitbit app version 4.14. By the way, the Version 4.15 is currently being rolled out, please keep on the look out for the update in your App Store. If you have suggestion or issue with the new format you can get the attention of our Product Teams by sharing your ideas on our Suggestions Board: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/idb-p/features. We'll see you there!

Best Answer

I contacted Fitbit support on X today and he gave me two different links to voice my concerns. Evidently there’s a new version coming out? But he reiterated that the suggestion boards are taken into account.🤷🏻‍:female_sign:

:down_arrow:

Thanks for the info and photos. After checking your account, I see that your app is already updated to Version 4.14.1. And about that, this is how the new format of sleep data will be, moving forward starting from our Fitbit app version 4.14. By the way, the Version 4.15 is currently being rolled out, please keep on the look out for the update in your App Store. If you have suggestion or issue with the new format you can get the attention of our Product Teams by sharing your ideas on our Suggestions Board: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/idb-p/features. We'll see you there!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please for the love of all fitness trackers STOP updating the interface! This new sleep interface is terrible, less readable, less user-friendly, with fewer features and a fundamental lack of understanding of how the user base currently uses your product.  One would think with the overwhelmingly negative feedback on the previous interace rollout of late last year that the developers would Just.Stop. But no, you've found a way to make this product even more terrible! This is Dev 101, know your user and the functionality they need, and DO NOT take away existing functionality for sub-standard substitutes. PLEASE MAKE IT STOP.

I'm guessing that you will grasp some reason to remove my post because it doesn't fit Google's narrative about this "wonderul" new rollout. But the truth remains, this rollout will push even more formerly-ecstatic Fitbit users into the arms of Garmin and Apple. Do better. 

Best Answer

I will not update the app until I see the reactions from people.  I may never again update it period.

Best Answer