Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redesigned Sleep experience now in the iOS app

Why are the sleep scores and data displayed differently? I assume it’s the new ios update, but I preferred the former presentation.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
475 REPLIES 475

Fitbit has become dreary and dull … each so called improvement is anything but. It has apparently been “captured” by people lacking in an understanding of what clients/users value and want. There is an apparent obsessiveness and desire to do what the Fitbit “developers” want rather than what clients want.

you need to listen - Listen to the users, bring back simplicity and colour rather than all this boring dullness. You need to properly test these so called improvements with ordinary users - and you need to find the humility to admit you’ve got it wrong - on what are now far too many occasions. 

Best Answer

So there are over 300 replies and still no response from Fitbit. Do they even monitor these boards? I'm going to try to write to them directly and advise others to do the same. Coming here to complain into the void doesn't seem to get anything out of them.

Best Answer

Completely agree!!! Yet if they're trying to sell the Google product with the boring, hard to read and endless scrolling to find stats it's not going to work. My Versa 2 died in the lake even though it's supposed to be waterproof. The swim tracking even recorded the swim. It died right after. So have been wearing an old Inspire HR debating if I buy a new Fitbit. Thank goodness I didn't with all these changes. The sleep stats were the thing keeping me tethered. Going to try Samsung watch next. bye bye Fitbit...you were once an amazing product. 

Best Answer
I’m sure this is being monitored. But that begs the question why they choose not to respond. If you hear anything other than post your concerns elsewhere, please share.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I agree 100%. The sleep function is really the only thing I use my Fitbit for anymore and they've ruined that too.  Who looked at the new graph and thought that was better?

Best Answer

It’s awful.

Best Answer

Spoke with customer service just now and was encouraged to voice my opinion on this customer forum.  I was told they have had a lot of complaints and they are listening to them.I believe if enough of us called customer service, we might be able to get something done about this horrible update. I use it mainly for sleep tracking and It’s practically useless to me now

Best Answer

Please call Customer Service and register your complaint. I think if the multitude of us that are totally disappointed with the new app would call them. It might help.

Best Answer

This sleep tracker is terrible. One of the features I liked in the older version was percentages of sleep. Percentages are no longer available. I think you can get this if you buy the premium version. Is this their way of trying to sell more premium plans? If so, that is disgusting. I have decided when this Fitbit breaks down (and it surely will, I have owned 10 of them) I will switch to another tracker. This is the final straw with Fitbit.

Best Answer

Did you use a credit card for your purchase?  Try filing a complaint with then requesting a cancellation due to the substantive change that has. Been made that is unsatisfactory to dozens of users (it looks like this original post has 22 pages of responses w/ overwhelming number being negative on new display.  

Best Answer
Me too

David C. Aldrich
Best Answer

This morning the old sleep app was back in all its colorful glory and up to date. By this afternoon it was back to the new junky one. They are heading us to make it worse. IT WAS BAAACCCKK!

Best Answer

I agree totally with you! 

Bring the old one back.

Best Answer

How was it that  the old sleep app was back yesterday morning and gone by the afternoon? I saw what I saw. That's just cruel.

Best Answer

It looks like the latest update restored the benchmark ranges on the sleep stages. But there's a LOT more that needs to be fixed or returned to the old display. 

Best Answer

This new sleep data overview is a joke, might be the biggest downgrade in UX i've ever witnessed, all fancy new design but very messy overview. There is no more week overview to see all your sleep scores on a single page including sleep cycles and amount of deep/rem sleep. 

Best Answer

I agree with all the users that don’t like this new format. Fix it please 

Best Answer

Benchmark was not restored on my device.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have tyou tried deleting the app and then reinstalling it

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I did but nothing happened
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer