Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated calendar notifications throughout the day

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can I make it stop sending notifications?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
147 REPLIES 147

Please, for the love, we have been patient, we have been kind, make the repeat notifications stop. I do NOT need to be reminded 58, yes literally 58 times, that today is "X" Day. No, turning off all calendar notifications is not a viable solution. Your customers deserve a fix, months ago. Thank you. 

Best Answer

Seriously!!

This is beyond insane. I get that all tech companies have their issues once in a while, but you need developers who can fix these sorts of things.

Looking into other brands of fitness trackers now.

Best Answer

I am not throwing my fitbit out for it but next one is not going to be fitbit indeed.

Support is unbelievably bad.

Best Answer

And, it has started up again.  So far today I have gotten about a dozen notices for a 7 PM event.    This has clearly been going on for months.  Why can't Fitbit address this?

Best Answer
You are right; it must have gotten somewhat better, because it has
definitely gotten worse in the last week or so. Reminding me of meetings
and events that have all been cancelled.
Best Answer

You originally responded to this problem in Oct, 2019 and said "hopefully a fix will come of soon". I am wondering if you are a Fitbit employee, and if so, what do you consider soon, because this problem is still occurring in March 2020.

Then you said "But, in the meantime I’m sure getting repeating calendar events can be quite annoying. I can help you turn off those calendars notifications for now".  

The solution to a repeating calendar alert is to turn off all calendar alerts?  Why even have them as a feature?

Just wondering if it is time to look for an alternative to the FItbit.

Best Answer
I am not an employee, just another frustrated user. I think I did say
hopefully it will come soon, but I didn’t offer the steps to turn
notifications off. That came from someone else in the thread. It is
ridiculous that they haven’t come up with a fix. Seems that each days the
problem is caused by the other, and neither cares enough about their
customers to take responsibility.
Best Answer

I hope Fitbit isn't considering the issue resolved being that there is an accepted solution checked.

Turning the feature off isn't an acceptable solution and there is no reason for it to have continued this long

Best Answer
I saw that too. Maybe we should each start a new post, asking the
question. Get their attention with volume
Best Answer

Variation on the same problem: I get MANY reminders every day (and night) about the same 3 calendar events, all things that were on a shared calendar with my husband and that he deleted. It's driving me insane!

I've never been on one of these discussions before--how does one start a new post?

Best Answer

Fitbit,

In this thread, on October 13 we were told Fitbit was aware of this issue and "hopefully" a fix will come soon.  Your temporary solution is to turn off notifications is unacceptable.

I'm giving up hope.   It has been almost 6 months.  How difficult is this to fix?

I've been reminded five times so far this morning that it is April Fools' Day - but I'm not laughing.

PLEASE fix this!  Is this beyond the skill of your programmers?  I don't understand why this is taking so long to resolve.  Why are you punishing your loyal customers?

Best Answer

@KateFitbit  and @LizzyFitbit 

@fourthirty brings up a good point... why is it taking so long to fix this?

I thought maybe Fitbit was making the ios app bad so that we would all switch to android devices since Google is buying you guys.

It hadn't occurred to me that maybe it's too difficult for the programmers to fix.  With that being said I'd like to step in and fix the issue for the Fitbit community. Having a fresh set of eyes never hurt.  I'm also not looking to be compensated at all.  Having a working Fitbit and knowing that i helped others in the community is all i need.

@KateFitbit  and @LizzyFitbit  i look forward to hearing from you guys.  Feel free to send me a pm!

Best Answer

@thenameless1  - thank you for volunteering to do this.  I highly doubt that Fitbit will take you up on your generous offer, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Yesterday, I received over twenty (20) "April Fools' Day" calendar notifications on my Charge 2.

I'm really dumbfounded on why Fitbit would allow this huge bug to linger for so long.  These constantly repeating notifications are not only distracting, but have now caused me to completely ignore all notifications on my Fitbit (at the risk of missing incoming text messages or true calendar appointments).  A 21st century representation of Aesop's "The boy who cried wolf" fable.

I'm really at my wits' end with Fitbit - there seems to be no sense of urgency on their end to fix these anomalies.  I've been such a huge fan of their products, and have invested heavily in their ecosystem, but I may need to move to another solution soon.  It truly makes me sad to watch how their software and support collapsed last year.

Best Answer

Sadly, the latest update 3.18 does not solve this issue.  I'm really in disbelief.  I've received multiple "Palm Sunday" reminders throughout the day.

@SunsetRunner  - this thread is marked as "solved", but the solution is to just disable calendar notifications, and thus killing one of the main features of your tracker?  I feel this is unacceptable, and this thread should remain open.  You told us in October 2019 that Fitbit was aware of this issue, yet in an April 2020 update (6 months later) the issue is still not fixed.  Please continue to communicate the frustration that this issue causes to Fitbit.

I love Apple products, but I don't need an Apple Watch - it is overkill for my needs.  My Charge 2 is an awesome product as a health tracker, sleep tracker, and a wearable to display simple notifications (texts and calendar alerts).  However, the lack of support by Fitbit this year, coupled with their bizarre and somewhat caviler attitude towards my privacy (by requiring me to select Always On location for MobileTrack) is so disappointing.  I don't want to switch from the Fitbit ecosystem.  I really don't.  Please fix this situation Fitbit.  I, and others, wouldn't be posting in this forum if we didn't care about your products.

Best Answer

Hey everyone,

Months later and this issue is still happening to me (and all of you apparently) despite contacting Fitbit support 3 times and following their troubleshooting steps.

I would suggest that everyone actually contact Fitbit customer support by phone or chat and continue to bring this up and insist that Fitbit implement an actual fix and update for the issue. You can contact them here: https://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs 

Good luck... 😑

Best Answer

I've been there with customer service before.  I once had them on the phone for over 4 hours and nothing gets resolved.

Eventually they just escalate your issue and you get a generic email response.

6 months  is too long for the issue to be continuing.

Best Answer

Thanks so much for sharing this link @kelsikate .  I'll plan to call them and also reach out via chat to highlight this issue.  Much appreciated.

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner  - Since you provided the original response to this thread, could you please reach out to Fitbit and request an update on this fix?  Unfortunately 3.18 did not fix this issue.

I've lost track of the number of "Passover" and "Good Friday" notifications that I've received over the past few days.  This bug has such a huge impact on the user experience - I don't understand why it hasn't been addressed by Fitbit.

They should at least provide us the courtesy of an update, and potential timeline for a fix (so we can at have some hope).  Turning OFF calendar notifications is not a good option, nor a solution.  This issue has been going on for six (6) months now - way too long.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.   Thank you.

Best Answer
That’s funny. I haven’t received any notifications for Good Friday. If
mine is fixed, I wish I could tell you what I did. iOS 13.3.1 Fitbit 3.18
But you know, I don’t think I’m getting text or phone notifications.
Best Answer

That's great news @GHolloway .  Glad the issue has been resolved for you.

I'm using a Charge 2 sync'ed to an iPhone XS running the latest iOS (13.4) & latest Fitbit app (3.18).

I received approximately 20 "Easter Sunday" calendar event reminders yesterday, and now the "Easter Monday" holiday notifications have started.  Sigh.

I can't believe this issue has lingered for 6 months.  How hard can it be to fix this?

Best Answer