Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated calendar notifications throughout the day

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can I make it stop sending notifications?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
147 REPLIES 147

Hello and welcome @Bann 

I understand your getting repeated calendar notifications. Fitbit is aware of the notifications issues and hopefully a fix will come of soon. But, in the meantime I’m sure getting repeating calendar events can be quite annoying. I can help you turn off those calendars notifications for now. Here’s how:

open the Fitbit App

tap your profile picture on the upper left

scroll down and tap the name of your Fitbit tracker (it’s located just under “My Family”)

now scroll down and tap notifications 

disable the calendar event notifications 

now tap  “today” at the bottom of the page to return to the main page

sync the Fitbit App and now the repeating calendar events are done

😃 I hope I was able to answer your question. If I indeed resolve your issue could you please tap “best answer” at the bottom of my post? Doing so helps other individuals who come to the Fitbit Community find answers to questions similar to your own. I’d really appreciate it. Thanks!

Best Answer

Hello again @Bann 

I just wanted to check back in with you to see if your still having issues. Please keep me posted 😃

Best Answer

Your fix works because it turns off Calendar notifications.  How can we get the calendar notifications at the correct time, as set in the iOS calendar app, but not the annoying repeated ones?  This just started with the recent iOS update, worked perfectly before.

Best Answer

Hello and welcome @GHolloway 

As I mentioned above in my post I stated “Fitbit is aware of the notifications issues and hopefully a fix will come of soon. But, in the meantime I’m sure getting repeating calendar events can be quite annoying. I can help you turn off those calendars notifications for now”

Again, the notifications issue is a known issue. You can refer all questions and concerns here:https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Stopped-seeing-notifications-after-updating-to-iOS-13/td-p/3...

This post was intended as a temporary fix as indicated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The referenced page addresses missing notifications.  It does not fix repeated notifications.  This circular forwarding to the wrong fix is as annoying as the repeat notifications.  I just got an inspire HR.  One of the main reasons for wanting it was calendar notifications.  I might as well trash it. 

Best Answer

How do I turn off just holiday calendar notifications?  I have been reminded 14 times this morning that it is groundhog day!  I have other things on my calendar (appointments, meetings) that I want to be notified about.  This has been an issue with every holiday.

Best Answer

Same here, been happening for months will all-day events for holidays

Best Answer
You would think someone could have come up with a fix for this by now.
Best Answer

It appears there is still no fix to this? It has been months. I also would like to keep getting calendar notifications on my Fitbit but do not want one every five minutes about the same event.

When will this be fixed?

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. Calendar notifications come in multiple times, especially if I've been away from my phone for a bit and the blue tooth connection is re-established, it will process calendar updates again, but apart from that it may also send them again at seemingly random intervals. 

So I don't have any issues about not receiving notifications, the problem is rather I get calendar notifications multiple times (haven't seen this for app notifications or texts).

Can someone shed some light on this specific issue instead of referring to general threads that are closed or articles that only focus on not receiving notifications?

Best Answer

Multiple Calendar notifications are waking me up during the night. I know I can turn them off completely but I want calendar notifications but just once will do. Any sign of a fix yet?

Best Answer

Same issue here 

Best Answer

Has a fix been found? I’m ready to store my FitBit in the drawer... I like getting calendar reminders, but not every minute for a half an hour two hours before the event. It’s especially annoying when alI get a gym class reminder and my wrist buzzes every minute or two for the first half-an-hour during my Pilates class. 😖

Best Answer

There still isn't a fix for this? 5 months later? Come on Fitbit! If you go out of business to the Apple Watch competition no one will wonder why. 

Best Answer

Could someone from Fitbit please provide an update on when this fix will be implemented?  Turning off all Calendar notifications is not a good solution.

Best Answer
Do we have to start a new thread to get Fitbit to update us? Although it’s
clearly not fixed.
Best Answer

Tried Fitbit support using Live Chat - but it's not working... then tried DM'ing FitbitSupport on Twitter and they DID respond... but just to say 'we are aware and we're working on it'

Capture.PNG

Best Answer

Thanks @richweil .  That is good to know.  It would be nice if they provided us an estimated timeline.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem as well, and have had this on and off for 8 or 10 months.  Any chance it will ever be resolved?

Best Answer