Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated calendar notifications throughout the day

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can I make it stop sending notifications?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
147 REPLIES 147
I feel your pain. I actually seem to have gotten a solution, by using the ‘chat’ — they told me basically turn off notifications, restart phone, then turn notifications on again — haven’t had the problem since.
Best Answer

Thank you MegaBite. This resolved the immediate problem, but now I have to remember to turn it back on if I want my Fitbit to remind me of appointments on my calendar, which I do. This shouldn't be that difficult of a problem for Fitbit to fix. I'm very disappointed in them and am considering a different watch brand. 😞

Update:

Why is it taking a year and a half to fix this problem? I don't think it is a priority for Fitbit... 

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer

Now it is a year and a half later. I am ready to get an Apple watch. I LOVED my Fitbit until this started happening. I bought this for both fitness tracking AND calendar notifications. I have to either take it off for two days or diable my notifications for two days. THEN if I forget to turn it back on after a holiday, I end up missing important calendar notifications. I have been trying to badger them every few months about this, but I'm getting ready to give up. So, so incredibly disappointed in Fitbit. 😞

Best Answer

Hello everyone, thank you for the updates in this thread.

I appreciate everyone's feedback, I understand that this can be very frustrating. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. For the ones that keep experiencing this, please try the following: 

1. Open the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab > your profile picture.
2. Tap your device image > Notifications.
3. Turn off notifications for calendar events.
4. Force quit the app and make sure your Fitbit app is updated to the latest version: 
How do I update the Fitbit app?

5. Turn on the calendar notifications and sync your device.

If you continue experiencing difficulties, please take a look at the posts where some users share their solutions. See this post and this solution.

If you continue experiencing this issue, please provide the model of your Fitbit device, the model of your phone and the OS/software version. 

I’ll be around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Turning off calendar reminders is not a solution. I would like to get calendar reminders, just not the same ones over and over and over again. Fitbit has been aware of this problem and offering the same "solution" since 2019 at least. Not using fitbit is also a solution I may have to try. Come on fitbit, this should be a simple software fix on your end.

Best Answer

I just had the misfortune of chatting with Support (Angel F).  She first gave me the old "turn off calendar notifications" nonsense.  Then said that I hadn't updated my app, then said I hadn't update my iOS (I have an iPhone).  When I asked for her 100% assurance that these would truly help me resolve being told today 20+ times that it is St George's day, she seemed surprised.  But since it was going to take so much time for me to do all the updates, she didn't have time to spend with me.

I provided a link to this forum, and she said "thank you for making us aware of this", like it was new.  (despite the response from a FITBIT team member).   She then told me there is a seperate team who deal with the forum.  

Gotta admit, that FitBit support is pretty terrible.

Best Answer

Eliana C from support says this is NOT a KNOWN issue because they haven't received enough reports.  

Hey Liliya?  Do you not work for Fitbit?  Do you not report issues to FitBit?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

This did not fix the repeated notifications, it just turned them off.   We want to receive the notifications that we have set up, at the times that we have set them for, NOT randomly all day.  C’mon Fitbit!  Fix this!

Best Answer

Lilya, after following all of your steps, I am not receiving any calendar notifications at all, even though they are turned on on my phone, on the Fitbit app, and on the Fitbit itself.  I guess this is Fitbit’s fix?   Make them not work at all?

Best Answer

I rate this answer minus 5 stars. I’m sure you’re doing your best, but the fact that 4 years later, this issue still exists just proves that the Fitbit software engineers either done know how to fix this, or have no intention to do so. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any luck, by when it will be resolved?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My guess is never. This has been brought to their attention years ago. If they wanted to fix it, they would have. I’m switching to a different brand soon because of this one issue. Fitbit can do better.

Best Answer

@moonberry wrote:

My guess is never. This has been brought to their attention years ago. If they wanted to fix it, they would have. I’m switching to a different brand soon because of this one issue. Fitbit can do better.

Or more to the point... maybe they can't do better...  Either way, it's very poor.

Best Answer

Why is this still an issue 2 years later??? 

Best Answer

Still having this problem in 2021. Is there a fix that we missed?

Best Answer

On April 5, 2021, Liliya gave a potential fix and then states to give updates because she will be around. It is now Oct 11, 2021, the “fix” does not work and we are still having the problem and Liliya is nowhere to be found. This is ridiculous. I did not need to be woken up in the middle of the night because of my watch repeatedly vibrating to tell me it is my ex brother-in-law’s birthday 😡 

Best Answer

I have this same problem. Sad that this thread and issue has been going on since 2019 and no fix!!!!

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

Just for posterity (Since this is a non-issue for Fitbit, obviously since they haven't paid it more than lip service in two years) I had a Versa 2 with this problem and just got a Versa 3 that has the same problem. I've read this entire thread and other users in this thread have identified and re-created the bug -  all-day events sending repeated notifications to the Fitbit, and it being caused by moving in and out of bluetooth connection with the phone.  FWIW, I went into my iPhone calendar, tapped Calendars at the bottom and turned off the Birthdays calendar which was the main culprit. Also, others have found deleting the notification in the notifications area of your phone (i.e. pull down from the top of your phone screen) stops the repeated send.  Neither of these is a good solution, but in Fitbit's complete absence of doing anything useful on this problem its all we have to go on.  (other than Fitbit's laughable "fix" of turning off calendar notifications.   Fitbit, you get a zero rating on this one. )

Best Answer

Repeated calendar notifications all day today. So annoying! I’m glad FitBit knows about it -meanwhile thanks for this simple fix. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is what worked for me. I realized that two different things were producing calendar notifications on my FitBit - the iPhone calendar app and the native FitBit Agenda app. While I couldn’t pinpoint the exact problem, my best guess was the Agenda app likely had a bug in it. I went into the settings on my Fitbit app, picked my device, clicked Gallery then clicked Apps, then deleted the Agenda app. Ever since I did that, I stopped receiving multiple calendar notifications. I have a FitBit Sense but I had this same problem on a Versa 2. If you are ok getting the calendar notifications from the native iPhone app, give this a try. And let me know if you had any success. Hope this helps someone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes