Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share icon disappeared from Today tab

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Using app on iPhone normally until today.

Usually grab a snapshot of the days activities using the Share icon top right of the Today screen.

That icon has now disappeared.

My partners iPhone still shows it and it's functional.

What's going on, any suggestions anyone?

Have reset the phone but still same.

Thanks.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
150 REPLIES 150

Thanks but my app version currently is 3.42 running on my iPhone 7 so my guess is that it’s the update that caused me to just see the share icon disappear

Would welcome your further input

Best Answer

And I don't understand how this is logged as a resolved issue either, far from it seems to be affecting devices which were previously OK!

Best Answer

Most likely a temp App issue, try

In Android phone Settings *

Apps

Fitbit

Storage - clear cache [not data]

Force Fitbit shutdown

[though it doesn't seem to fully]

Log back in to the Fitbit app

*Quick Shortcut: Press and hold the Fitbit launch icon, then App info [on some phones]

Or for IOS uninstall/reinstall the Fitbit App, and redo all notification setup.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My share button disappeared from my app last night.  Has anyone else had this issue?  How do I fix it?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer

I have read all suggestion and done all suggestion. The share icon is still missing as of 5/24/21. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem I have tried everything and it didn’t work.

Best Answer

Seems like their software guys are pretty clueless eh!

Best Answer

Is this share on the fitbit app on the phone, what phone? 

Or is this app on the Sense, we are currently in the Sense Hardware support, not phone support. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Sgrant1971.

Thanks for the details shared in your post. I recommend doing the following:

1. Log out of the app.
  2. Force quit the app.
  3. Restart your phone. 
  4. Log into the Fitbit app. 

If the issue persists, please provide the model of your phone and the OS version for further investigation. By the way, I've moved your post to the iOS App board so we can keep our forums organized.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem. I’ve been sharing my steps to my fitness group for months and yesterday the share icon disappeared. I’ve uninstalled my app, switched off my phone and tried other trouble shooting options and the icon still hasn’t reappeared. #Help

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem. I’ve tried the suggestions and everything I can come up with on my own…still don’t have the share function. 

Best Answer

And after a gripe on the FitBit UK Facebook page they messaged me, seemed to be starting to look promising initially as they asked about which operating systems we were running on various devices etc but then basically said that the deletion of the export feature was design feature in the upgrade, when I replied this didn’t really feature in my definition of upgrades their response seemed contradictory as they said keep an eye out for future app updates! Seems incompetence and confusion aren’t dead! Appalling job FitBit I won’t be looking to replace my current tracker from you when it dies!

Best Answer

Hello everyone. Thank you for your updates in this thread.

I understand how you are feeling and appreciate everyone's feedback. According to the information from our team, it looks like you're using a new app look that we're trying out. Your Fitbit app may look different from your friend's. We're always looking to improve our products, so if the design we're testing is successful, you may see elements of it in a future version of the app. I appreciate your understanding. 

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thank you for the response! I tried that and it didn’t work. I have the iPhone 11 Pro Max and my iOS version is 14.6

Best Answer

Same thing happened to me

i am currently waiting on a fix

what about you

Best Answer

Same here I tried it didn’t work

Best Answer

I did that it didn’t work

Best Answer

That’s where you are wrong...It’s not a new feature 

Best Answer
What is it ?--
Let all that we do be done in Love
Best Answer

How can i return to before version of the app?

Best Answer