Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple sleep data showing instead of Sleep Stages.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since April 14, 2018 my Charge 2 has only shown simple sleep even though I’ve slept more than 3 hrs and my heart rate is continuous except for a couple nights.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject + Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @Susan704! Have you tried restarting your tracker a few times?

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
29 REPLIES 29

Hi, @Susan704! Have you tried restarting your tracker a few times?

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Susan704, I hope you're doing well, it's great to see you around. It's nice to see you too @MakMak, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

@Susan704, I appreciate you have brought this situation to my attention for letting me know your Charge 2 is not showing Sleep Stages even when you've slept for more than 3 hours and the heart rate is continuous. At this moment I would like to ask you to restart your Charge 2 as @MakMak suggested, if this doesn't resolve the issue, please try using your Charge 2 on a different wrist or wearing it a bit upper on your current one, then monitor your sleep for the next night and check if Sleep Stages get recorded. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

This is the 3rd time I’m requesting assistance for my Charge 2 and the fact since April 14, 2018 all I’ve been getting is the simple sleep report. Have the latest Fitbit upgrade as of 2 days ago. I have removed and reinstalled my Charge 2 more times than I can remember. Sleep more than 3 hrs and there is a constant heart rate recorded during that period. The battery is full. I do have a pulse, am inhaling/exhaling.  Within the last 30 mins. I found 6 other folks having the same problem with their Charge 2. I’ve worn various Fitbits since 2014, so I’m aware of Fitbit’s default replies. In as much as I’m not the only Charge 2 wearer. Obviously the Charge 2 app updates since 4/14/18 have a glitch of some sort in it being before that time I was receiving the detailed sleep re-out.  Thank you for any assistance.

Best Answer

Hello @Susan704, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

Thanks again for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same problem change 2 not showing new sleep pattern only old one move from left hand to right and reset charge 2 loads new since Christmas help any answer 

Dora bowler
Best Answer
0 Votes

The solution for me was to change my strap/band from the supplied plastic thing (!) to a woven nylon one.  With the plastic one, I had 3 nights without sleep tracking; with the woven nylon one, I've have full sleep tracking every night for weeks!

I think this is because the woven nylon strap/band is somewhat elastic and allows some stretch as my wrist expands/contracts with changing temperature.  The supplied plastic strap/band is quite rigid and I was always adjusting it for comfort.

I got my woven nylon strap/band from the uk version of the online retailer named after a South American river!

Best Answer
Did this really work for you and since then you have had the new sleep pattern s xx

Sent from my iPhone
Dora bowler
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes just changing the strap/band fixed it for me.

I should have said that this was with a new Versa having recently replaced my Charge 2.  I occassionally had no detailed sleep data with the Charge 2, but the first 3 nights with the Versa were all without.  I didn't like the supplied strap/band from the start so ordered the woven nylon one straight away.  Since I changed it over, I've always had full sleep data.  And I find it much more comfortable.

Best Answer

Hello @keiroha, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you as well @bowler58, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

@keiroha, I'm very glad that after changing the band on your tracker you were able to get sleep stages. 

@bowler58, please note that the Fitbit app currently has in-app error notifications that provide an explanation for why you aren't receiving Sleep Stages on any given night. This is meant to provide insight into what might be occurring to cause this.The error messages are the following:

1. We need more than 3 hours of sleep to reliably calculate your sleep stages. Learn more
  2. Your tracker couldn't get a consistent heart rate reading while you slept. Learn more 
  3. We couldn’t generate sleep stages for this sleep. Please try again tomorrow. Learn more

When you tap on Learn more, you will be able to get more information about why your tracker didn't record sleep stages. Additionally, I'd like to suggest the following:

• For any of the nights you were expecting to see Sleep Stages, did you ever click on the "Begin Sleep Now" or "Add Sleep Log" functions within the Fitbit App?
    • This is important to note because your tracker uses auto-detection to track Sleep Stages; so there's no need to try and remember to click on anything before falling asleep! 
  • Do you have at least 3 consecutive hours of sleep?
    • This is important to note because you typically won't see sleep stages if you are waking up multiple times through out the night or taking short naps.
  • Your tracker's battery isn't at a critically low level prior to falling asleep.
  • Your device is tracking and syncing heart rate data.
    • This is important because Sleep Stages uses a combination of your movement and heart-rate patterns. 
  • Your Fitbit App is updated to the latest version.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having a similar problem & it’s driving me batty! The sleep tracker didn’t get my hours correct this past Thursday. Someone in the sleep forum said to adjust the time. I did that and the ekg like strip with all the sleep stages was gone & I got vertical bars w/o stages. Now for Friday night it’s all bars again! No sleep stages or ekg like graph? Yet, when I look back on Thursdays sleep it’s back to the ekg like stages??? 

Please tell me how to correct this! I don’t k ow how to restart the app &/or watch. I’ve only had it one week!

Moderator Edit; Format.

Best Answer
To to re set change 3 press it and some number s wii come up on your Fitbit it will then re set itself I had same problem for months till last night I got the right sleep pattern were Your band / Fitbit 3 fingers up your wrist had my in the six hole on strap and it work hope this helps new on here let me know how u get on

Sent from my iPhone
Dora bowler
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JMT59, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you as well @bowler58, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

@JMT59, as @bowler58 mentioned, please try to restart your Fitbit device. After that use your tracker or watch snug on your wrist, leaving enough room so it doesn't constrict your arm, about 3 fingers above your wrist bone. If this doesn't seem to work, please try using the tracker on your other wrist. 

Additionally, go to your personal Settings in the online Dashboard and make sure Sleep Sensitivity has been set up to Normal, instead of Sensitive. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your kind message and having a good day hope you are got a new sleep pattern last night well happy that’s 4 new ones so far been in touch with Fitbit and send a new one out thank you for help on we’re to wear the band love this community Fitbit I really think it’s helpful thank you hope you are having a nice day too 

Dora bowler
Best Answer

Hello @bowler58, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply, I appreciate it. Smiley Happy

Thanks for letting me know you've been able to get Sleep Stages after reaching us, I'm very glad! In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your kind message back still getting my head round this post stuff my Fitbit as gone back to old sleep pattern again had the new sleep pattern 4 times I did get in touch with Fitbit and they are sending out a new track no the band one is not showing new sleep patterns ( 4 ) in six months  so that’s very good good of them takes 4-5 working day s would love to be part of your discussions board I love how friendly the group is and thank you kindly for this message I do appreciate any help and advice 

Dora bowler
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @bowler58, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for replying. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back and let me know you've contacted our Support Team and they have provided you a resolution, I'm glad. If you need further assistance with your new tracker, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to help. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a nice day! 

Best Answer

Hi got my new tracker today do I set up as before we’re u say new and wait for 4 number s to show on your Fitbit thank s 

Dora bowler
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @bowler58, thanks for replying, I hope you're having a fantastic day! Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the forums. Indeed, as you got a new tracker you need to set it up as a new device and wait for the 4-digit number to appear on the screen of the tracker to set it up to your account. Now, to set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your old tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please don't hesitate to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi bit scared not done it yet do I trun my Bluetooth of 1st then set up new tracker wait for 4 number s on Fitbit and it pair s up xxx thank you not very good on this stuff thank you for being so helpful and kind is that I need to do x 

Dora bowler
Best Answer
0 Votes