Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Stages not appearing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Everyone,

I’m sorry for the delayed response to this thread. Thanks for all of your feedback and patience with the new Sleep Stages feature. A few notes: 

Sleep Stages is now currently available for Charge 2, Blaze, and Alta HR.

There are a few scenarios where you might see your sleep pattern (which shows your time asleep, restless, and awake) instead of Sleep Stages, including:

• Sleeping in a position that prevented the tracker from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or the tracker was worn too loosely. For best results, wear the tracker higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your tracker to bed).
  • Sleeping for less than 3 hours.
  • The tracker’s battery is critically low.

You should also ensure your Fitbit app is on the latest version and your tracker firmware is up to date. 

I've also placed the Sleep Stages help page here for further information.  

If Sleep Stages is still missing, please check that All-Day sync is enabled on your app by going to Account > Your Tracker, then note the time you went to sleep. If you aren’t seeing Sleep Stages, please let me know. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
179 REPLIES 179
I gave up after 6 replacements. Sleep app is unreliable as if it will work how long does it last. If you read all the postings everyone is disappointed and frustrated. I purchased a cheap $55 one and the sleep app functions well. I'm waiting for the next apple to be launched late 2017 or early 2018.

My husband said he updated his Fitbit today. Maybe I charged my Fitbit and see if it works.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello. I recently got a fitbit Charge 2 and the sleep stages have only been detailed showing deep sleep, REM, etc twice. I have made sure to put my watch on each night and have it tight enough to get a proper reading. Each morning I sync it to my phone and they don't show up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have experienced similar problems with the Fitbit Alta. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I might have figured it out. I think the band has to be tight enough to maintain contact with your skin to sense your pulse. 

When I slightly tightened the band, (not enough to be uncomfortable!) it appears to be more reliable.

Perrine
Best Answer
0 Votes

My husband said they had an update.  So I charge my Blaze and it did not work and yes the band was snug but not tight.  Another insult the battery lasted only two (2) days.  So I'm back wearing my cheapo because I get the sleep info requested by my doctor.  Does it have an app that is as nice of Fitbit no, but I don't need the frills just the results. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Marco!

is it possible that by wearing two sleep stage tracking fitbits to bed that it might be inaccurate in tracking them due to two things trying to do the same thing at the same time? Yesterday it worked fine but today it did not read them. It will happen sometimes where one day it reads my sleep stages but another day it shows only the insight. Do you suggest wearing only one of my sleep tracking fitbits to bed for better accuracy? (I have the charge and the Alta HR) 

thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't use this manufacturer any longer due to inconsistent functionality

Sent from Pearl Connolly's iphone
Best Answer

I have a Charge 2 that recorded the various stages for some time (months) and now does not.  Firmware and app up to date best I can tell...wearing same way and not sleeping in different positions; what do I need to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm waiting for an announcement not regarding new phone but watch. Fitbit as I tracked if it would or would not work was so sporadic I gave up. Purchased a cheapo $50 and sleep app works. Also discover blaze 2 was not accurate. My husband bought one and he says it works. He doesn't know how inaccurate it is.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've used my new Fitbit Charger 2 since 8/16/2017 and love the sleep stages graph until yesterday 9/01/2017 when the sleep stages was replaced with sleep pattern. I read- your response and checked each bullet point and none apply, Nothing has changed in how I sleep since 8/16. The only time that was different was 8/17, it showed both a stage and pattern since I had taken a nap then. I also looked for the Begin Sleep Now option but don't see it and I have not intentionally changed anything. The app version is up to date. I can't imagine that I'll need a software update since I bought my Fitbit Charger 2 on 8/16/2017 but I'll check it. What are your thoughts?

Best Answer
It will be my same reply, I don't use the two I have any more. After the
update a month ago I tried and after 4 nights no rem, light, awake graph
was on the app only the old version. So I am waiting patiently for the
fitness watch 3 from Apple. May cost more but I have had at least six of
these replaced. Before you consider replacing I should tell you that is
not as easy as you are lead to believe. I'm done with this company.

If you keep using this it will work it will not work and pattern of working
not working will be inconsistent. Sorry for you frustration.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my Charge 2 six wks ago. It's been working wonderfully. I love it. However, today I woke up only to find that my stages of sleep were not recorded. Then I found an insane amount of online posts indicating this has been happening to many people for months.  It's upsetting and arguably disgusting given how much these trackers cost!  My last Fitbit was working perfectly when the band completely fell apart. It couldn't be replaced, so I had to buy a brand new Fitbit even though the one I had worked. I wasn't pleased until I got this new one with the additional features. But today those features aren't working...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Again I feel your frustration. After 6 Fitbit Blaze and not one tracked sleep as advertised I moved on. I talked to customer service, returned 6 of them and replaced 6 of them. I tracked how many days the sleep application worked and did not work. You could not determine a pattern. Yes I did put on with the latest update but sleep never worked after 5 days so I again took it off and put in drawer. My cheap one does not have the clock and I miss that and the app on phone not as pretty, but sleep tracking has worked every day since I got it. I have in every response like yours stated I'm waiting for Apple Watch 3. If you evaluate the cost with Fitbit yes it cost more but it will work and Apple fixes all bugs. Fitbit removes my posts.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to acknowledge that this morning the Sleep Stages graph recorded again.

This does not means the issue has been solved. However it does put me in a path to determine if there is an issue based on repeatability, meaning how often it happens, is there an unseen pattern and so on.

What I'll keep an eye on is how loose the band is and how far I'm wearing it from the wrist. Last night I insured myself that all were according to Fitbit suggestions/directions.

It could well be that for 17 days everything was perfect and then 1 night it was not and then perfect again?!?!? So to recap, 1 night out of 19 I had the band 1 holes looser, but even that doesn't explain how I was still able to record a Sleep Pattern and not a Sleep Stage. If it's too loose it should not record any Stages or Patterns, as I understand it from Fitbit's responses to other similar issue postings.

Fitbit Any Thoughts?!?!?! (2nd response request)

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you follow what they post about your tightness/looseness of the tracker, were you arm is during sleep it is your fault.  I tried everything they suggested and it is empty words on a website.  I hope it does work for you, but if I wanted to venture a guess it will and it won't.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sleep stages have stopped showing on my blaze.  Nothing is working to get them to appear.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Again from my experience the application has a performance issue. I have
posted repeatedly I no longer use this product because they have not as of
the date this application was rolled out March 2017 has not worked as
stated.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your response. Again last night it did not record my stages 😟. It worked fine for six weeks. Bizarre. Perhaps I'll consider an Apple Watch in the future, but I just bought this **ahem** thing (and WAS really pleased with it.)

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad to hear your stages are again showing. Mine are again not and my band is on the tightest setting possible. It records my heart rate just fine...Frustrating

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

This thread is regarding an older issue, so I'm going to go ahead and close it. Check here for the current thread.

Best Answer