Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep benchmark comparison not working

ANSWERED

Sleep data is recording ok, my sleep stages are recorded, my sleep data shows up on app and can compare to 30 days average with black dots to indicate averages but when Benchmark is chosen only my last sleep stages night data is shown in a line graph BUT no shaded area is apparent indicating averages for others in my age group.

Using a Versa 3 Fitbit and iOS app on Apple SE 2020 phone . Does anyone else find the same, it only happened since the app layout seemed to change recently, no problem with old layout? Any help would be appreciated.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for keeping me posted. I want to let you know that the new Fitbit app 4.16 version has started to slowly roll-out to all our members. This update brings a fix for this issue, so please make sure to install it once you see it available.

Keep in mind that the sleep benchmark will only appear for logs that contain sleep stages. To learn more about it, see this help article.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Thanks again for your feedback and patience throughout this situation.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115

Has Fitbit changed how they graph sleep stages. I now get confusing line graphs that don’t  include info on benchmarks for each sleep stage??

Best Answer

Hello @Ldh55 and welcome to the Community.  Yes, Fitbit released the planned sleep update, adding the design features of the September update.  I haven't received it yet.  So I can't comment on the benchmarks, yet.  I hope they are still there!

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Ldh55 - See this link which I "think" relates to your question - Fitbit steps up its sleep game with a major app refresh (androidauthority.com)

Best Answer

One other reference, also notice the article references this week for this update as well - Fitbit's New Sleep Experience is Super Snazzy (droid-life.com)

Best Answer
0 Votes
The bench marks are still there now that I look a bit closer. I was just
confused when this new graph showed up. I’ll just try it out for a while
and decide if I think it’s an improvement. My initial reaction is that it
does little or nothing to improve what we had. But then maybe that is just
because it’s a change.
Best Answer

I think this was a redesign without a purpose.  It does not provide new information, and I find the display harder to read and the colors less pleasing.  The old display was part of the attractiveness of a Fitbit.  A worse problem is the "benchmark" feature.   When I press benchmark with the new design, I merely get the same information as lines, without a range displayed over it as before; in other words, no benchmark range.  Below the deep line, there is a faint range symbol which says "typical range for people like you."  (Not gender or age).  Since not displayed, you cannot see how you stack up against the benchmark.  Thirty day average is easy to see.   Displayed benchmarks are not that essential since I can find ranges on the internet and write them down, but I'll miss the easy display.  Now wished I had not bought a new Fitbit - the battery is significantly worse that the previous one, and I never imagined they would screw up the software so badly. 

Best Answer

Hi. Attached is a screenshot from my Fitbit App benchmark sleep data for today.
Is it the circled part you are missing?

IMG_3683.jpeg

I am using a Sense2 with Fitbit App v4.04 and Iphone SE 2020 with IOS 17.4.1. Perhaps it’s something related to a more recent version of the Fitbit App? ( I choose not to update mine anymore. ) Perhaps someone can check with a more recent App and advise? 

Best Answer

Hi Thanks for advice. I did get the same shaded area to show difference between me and other similar age etc just like your screenshot shows. But in the last few days it has changed to this:

13.49.18.jpeg

which is now the new layout screen!

the app has obviously updated a few days ago to 4.14.1with no shaded area to indicate comparisons. The app does work ok on my 30 day comparison though and black dots indicate the average compared to my nights data. I fear its Google messing up previously clear app.

Best Answer

Oh! It looks so different to my v4.04 version.  
I think you could be right. Perhaps it’s an unfortunate blip on the latest App version then. Perhaps we can ask Fitbit if they could check to see if this is a glitch linked with the latest release? Hi @LizzyFitbit would you be able to help with that please? 

Best Answer

Hopefully they can sort it since it’s a very useful piece of info. Fitbit help are looking into it and will email me with results- so they say!

Best Answer

The new data is also lacking time increments on the sleep timeline as well as benchmarks. If it is not broke why fix it? The new graph is incomplete now. Quit ruining the app!

Best Answer

Couldn’t agree more! Hope there are more out there who agree!

Best Answer

Yes, I saw the change this morning and noted that no benchmark is indicated. I do not like the new format at all!!! Supposedly it is better and more user-friendly but I totally disagree. It's not because I don't like change, it's because I don't agree that the new format is better. I also preferred the way the weekly stats were shown and agree with the comment "if it isn't broken, don't fix it." Disappointed. 

Best Answer

So pleased you've asked this. I thought it was just me missing something. x

Best Answer

You succinctly described the problems. Once again, the "improvement" is anything but. I miss the brighter colors and really seeing the benchmark age/gender comparisons. 

Best Answer

Don’t hold your breath!

Best Answer

The update is not intuitive but I saw there are benchmarks still.  My update happened overnight so shocking to see that one of the best features has been destroyed!

Best Answer

The new layout is awful. It’s no where near as user-friendly as the previous layout. The previous layout was perfect and couldn’t fault it at all. The % benchmarks have disappeared with the new layout, it’s less easy to see your weekly sleep scores/sleep length, the sleep graph data is hard to read. I bought a Fitbit because I wanted to track sleep data and now it’s changed. Please please please change it back. 

Best Answer

I woke today to a redisigned app format & tried to check my sleep (plus breakdown of deep, rem, etc) but it’s changed to the most non user friendly format. You can’t slide easily over sleep stages to compare to the benchmark. It’s completely clunky and far from the slick version of yesterday. Why do such an awful update? 

Best Answer