Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep benchmark comparison not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sleep data is recording ok, my sleep stages are recorded, my sleep data shows up on app and can compare to 30 days average with black dots to indicate averages but when Benchmark is chosen only my last sleep stages night data is shown in a line graph BUT no shaded area is apparent indicating averages for others in my age group.

Using a Versa 3 Fitbit and iOS app on Apple SE 2020 phone . Does anyone else find the same, it only happened since the app layout seemed to change recently, no problem with old layout? Any help would be appreciated.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
128 REPLIES 128

Yes! I woke today to a redisigned app format & tried to check my sleep (plus breakdown of deep, rem, etc) but it’s changed to the most non user friendly format. You can’t slide easily over sleep stages to compare to the benchmark. It’s completely clunky and far from the slick version of yesterday. Why do such an awful update? 

Best Answer

MissMyData, your screengrab was the much more user friendly version v4.04 before the update to v4.14 which Sprod has shared. If you can avoid updating do! You’ll hate the new sleep data in v4.14. It’s just awful & such a step backward. 🤦‍:female_sign:

(Thoughts: I get the feeling it’s a ploy to sell premium but who would do it when the basic interface has become so much worse? 🤔😑)

Best Answer

@MicL68  Very true! I’m going to try to avoid updates for as long as I can! 

Best Answer

No longer gives a benchmark just a percentage of various types of sleep. Benchmark was very helpful. Also has given me 10 minutes deep sleep when I was awake for n the morning! Unless sorted I won’t be replacing my Fitbit when it ms time to update.

Best Answer

I'd posted earlier new sleep tracker doesn't let you change times, it does. I still think older version looks better. New versions writing on left side of graph breaks up the look of the tracker.

Best Answer

Agree.  The new grand hic is harder to read than the old one.  I would vote for going back the the prior graphics.

Best Answer

Way to ruin a good thing. The updated sleep tracker is horrible and impossible to read. In a white background with dotted lines and highlighted boxes. Those of us with vision problems find it useless now. Time to switch to an Apple Watch. Great job fit bit. At least give us the choice to switch back to the old version. WTH 

Best Answer

How did you opt out? Mine was just different when I looked at it. 

Best Answer

No way back if your app has updated as far as I know

Best Answer

I agree.  I use the benchmark everyday to compare my daily sleep stages against the benchmark. The new design is useless!  Please bring back the previous design.  The current design does nothing regarding to show a good comparison.  All the other changes are just "busy" looking and do nothing to add to what we already had.  Please put it back the way it was before.

Best Answer

How did you find Fitbit help??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the LizzyFitbit user info. I’ve sent her a message. I’m afraid to close this window. Not sure how to get back to this discussion. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not got back to me so far. They seemed unaware of the changes resulting
from the update so were going to raise the issue with other teams? and
would email me!
Best Answer

Same!  Liked the colored stages graph that you could expand and look at each level of sleep. It’s replaced with dots and lines. You get the info, but lacks interactive feature. 

Best Answer

I just finished a Live Chat with support. Like pulling teeth with a rep not very good with English. Final news—the Benchmark feature has gone behind the Premium paywall  I also asked about the lost option to view the graph in landscape. Rep said both are now Premium only. At end of chat, he gave me the Community link and said Fitbit looks at the Community for “ideas” for future updates. When I closed the chat, I got a feedback form, so I described the problem there, said I’d been discussing the problem in the Community, and vented my frustration about the change. GRR Guess that’s it. 

Best Answer

It was live Chat I used originally, no mention of Premium only! However I am on Fitbit Premium anyway and yet although the Benchmark option is there when chosen it doesn't display age etc comparison. Landscape doesn't work either in the new premium version! Not sure that live Chat knows exactly what is what!

Best Answer

I like to compare my daily sleep experience to both the benchmark and my 30 day average.  This used to be easy.  I may be missing something, but I don't see how I can do this without writing down the data and then comparing.  Thanks.

Best Answer

The Benchmark view doesn't show any more than your own data, no comparison with similar age etc members! which is not how it is described.

As for "tweaking" don't assume anything about Google you'll be disappointed!

Best Answer
When choosing the benchmark option I assumed the “typical range for people
like you” meant for people in my age group. I could he wrong. I also have
Premium & my sleep graph is in landscape. I don’t like that the colors for
light & deep sleep are so close to same color that you can’t differentiate
between the two at a glance. Nothing will change! We seen it before with
other updates & they really don’t care if we like the updates or not! Still
waiting for them to put the seconds back in the walk/run time duration! How
long has that been?!!!! People complained about that months ago & nothing
has ever been done about it! So, as I said before, I’m not holding my
breath for them to make changes.
Best Answer

I have premium and am seeing the same bad upgrades with this new version.  And I was never given the option to accept the upgrade.  Also, I have not received a Readiness Score since April 10.  Can't help but think it's related to this upgrade as well.  And I LOVED the Readiness Score.  So sad that they screwed up this app so badly.

Best Answer