Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep data with new layout

I suppose there was an update. The app presents sleep data differently.  Have others noticed this?

I miss seeing how long episodes of awake, light, REM and deep sleep are

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
529 REPLIES 529

And I neglected to add that "we all will get used to it eventually" is such a remarkably patronizing comment.  I won't ever get used to there no longer being a way to view the sleep details by night.  Aggregating it to a 30-day average is useless if you're working on sleep-related issues.  And that's just one aspect of the questionable alterations to the sleep display.  And let's not forget all those other much-maligned "upgrade" features that it's very clear people have yet to "get used to."  Patronizing comments don't endear anybody, quite the opposite.  Fortunately for you we live in a time where such comments won't result in an outcome like what happened to Marie Antoinette, an extreme example of how people react to patronizing comments.

Best Answer

My sleep score has almost completely stopped working or when it does it is very erratic. This is my second Fitbit. Are these things purposefully set up so that they need to be replaced every two years?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I much prefer the old sleep chart.....the new one is very user unfriendly.....a jumbled mess of lines.  Please bring the old one back!

Best Answer

My sleep tracker is only tracking sleep time after midnight. I go to sleep around 10pm and it’s no longer tracking that time and it used to before. And I can’t understand the new chart. Some things don’t need to be changed.

Best Answer

Agreed it's awful

Best Answer

More and more often I notice that about 2 hrs of sleep time is missing. I go to bed at 9:30 pm and fall asleep quickly, yet my sleep score starts at 11:30 pm. 
I’m wondering if this is a bug in the app or if I need to replace my Fitbit? It works great otherwise. 

Best Answer

I agree the update happened with no notice it's extremely difficult to read and understand they need to reverse this update immediately

Best Answer

The old sleep reports were much easier to follow and compare results from day to day. It was also more visually appealing. I liken this “improved” version to the time Coke introduced the new Coke and found that to be a big mistake. 

Best Answer

Personally I hate what you did with the sleep section. It really doesn’t work now. I need to track my sleep, I have Narcolepsy.  My sleep is constantly wrong and even if I edit it, it doesn’t change the hours slept. Thumbs down for the new change!!! Please help!

Best Answer

I advise everyone to NOT download the April 2024 update. Fitbit should rethink the employment of whoever was in charge of this disaster. Not only are the screens ugly sterile and utilitarian as opposed to how they looked 6 months to a year ago with color and soft edges, now it’s all black and white except for a small area of diarrhea color points on the sleep module. If there are other colors besides black, they are indiscernible from black. My son is color vision deficient. I know there is no way he would be able to discern eggplant from black. They’ve also jacked up the sleep module. No longer can one tap on sleep to expand the view or turn landscape for a close up of the sleep graph. I literally hate the update. Change it back soon or I’m going to an Apple Watch. 

Best Answer

Surely I’m not the only one who hates the new sleep track update.

it’s truly awful?!

it’s the main reason I got my Fitbit as it was concise and simple to navigate and visually helpful…..now??…….well now it’s literally the opposite.

I hope it will change back, if not I’m not confident in fitbit and would probably go towards another fitness tracker for sleep and consistency.

Best Answer

I didn't download anything it did it all by itself and I absolutely hate it! I want my old app back! How do I get it

This is truly awful and I hate it I want my old app back right now! It was so nice! I'm going to Apple that's it

Best Answer

I won't get used to it. I uninstalled it. It's horrible. 

Me too. This Versa has been turned into an overpriced pedometer. Useless now. 

Best Answer

The last 2 updates have been terrible.  The new sleep tracking is much less attractive and much less informative.  Please stop these disagreeable updates.  I am not planning to switch to Google either.   I loved the charge 5 and I am on my 2nd one now.  
If this downward trend continues I will not order another FITBIT when needed.  

Best Answer

I am still upset about the updated graph!!  Now it says I woke up at 411am, which is when I used the bathroom, but I  fell back asleep until 820am.  It won't let me change it!  

Please bring back the old chart with the reb, blue, black colors. I no Ionger can scroll down to see my stats like I used to. Why are you going backwards?

DON'T CHANGE THE WEIGHT!!! I bought my Fitbit in February 2015 when I started my 85lb weight loss.  I scroll through my stats daily, and periodically pull up my weight chart that shows my all time weight! You did this with steps and now the sleep.  Why????? This is now not functional!

Best Answer

Hello , I find the new layout for sleeping time chunky and minimalist . It was way better before !

Best Answer

We didn't download it either, so it's mysterious as to how it got installed.  We've turned off auto updates to guard against something like this.  When an update is available I wait to read comments on the community site before daring to install.  It's possible that they understood this was happening more widely and built a time/date trigger into an earlier update that appeared otherwise benign.   Business schools should follow this adventure and use it as an instructive example of how not to treat the folks who had trusted and supported their products.  The harsh reality is that having killed Fitbit sales offshore and fired the majority of Fitbit staff including the fellow who developed the product from the beginning, it's pretty clear that Google will "retire" Fitbit and hope they can transition people to their Pixel products.  Good luck with that last point.  But the ugly reality is that Google has gone full Clark Gable with respect to Fitbit users and "frankly, my dear, I (we) don't give a **ahem**."

Best Answer

I have a pixel phone...hate it!  Will never buy another.  If Fitbit moves to something on Pixel, I'm out of here immediately.  For now, I'll stick with my Fitbit, but won't be buying another.

Best Answer

New Sleep stat change is terrible!

Best Answer

Hello everyone. 

Please note that we moderators are not part of the development of the app. However, we do forward your feedback. Thanks for taking the time to share your opinion regarding the recent app changes. I totally understand your perspective on this matter. Speaking out of experience, changes within the app have always been permanent. We shall see if changes based on your feedback are implemented, such as color selection or "landscape" view. Thanks again for your feedback!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer