Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step and sleep tiles missing from the Dashboard.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After 11/15/17 update sleep and step tiles are missing

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
21 REPLIES 21

Hi there, @Goletagirl. You should be able to add the tiles back to the main screen of the app. 

IMG_0344.PNG

Full details are here

Best Answer

Hello @Goletagirl, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you around too @SunsetRunner, thanks for your insight about this situation. Smiley Happy

@Goletagirl, usually when a tile is not showing in the Fitbit app is because of two different reasons:

1. Your tracker has been removed accidentally from the account: To check this, please tap on the Account button and verify that your tracker is listed under your Name. If it's not, please set it up as a new device:
    • Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
    • Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  2. The tile has been removed from the Dashboard and is not invisible: To verify this, please scroll down until you find the Edit button. Tap on it and the invisible tiles will display a plus sign on the top left corner, tap on the plus sign to make them visible again. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

The sleep tile is missing entirely.  When I select the "+" to select tiles, the sleep tile is not listed.  

Best Answer

Hello @orcajt, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have already tried to edit your Dashboard by tapping on the EDIT button. Tell me, are you also missing the step tile? If so, it's possible your tracker has been removed from your account. Tap on Account and check if it's showing under your name. If it's not, please set it up as a new device:

• Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  • Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate your reply, however, it did not work for me.  I selected "Set up a new Device".  It's stuck on the screen, "Not working" and shows "Searching".  I tried turning the blue tooth off and then on.  The fitbit is charged, and there are no other trackers.  I'm not sure about the step tile, but the fitbit has been tracking my steps.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @orcajt, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

Please note that even if your tracker is recording steps, it needs to be set up on your account for the steps to sync to the Fitbit app. Tell me, have you restarted your Fitbit device already? If so, please try the following:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal and that there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the setup process.
  3. Restart your device again.
  4. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet and try to set up again.
  5. If you can't set up after the reboot, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone or tablet and try to set up the device one more time. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No help the tile is gone to push + or -

Best Answer

This did not help no place to push the + or the - the tile is gone not hidden.

Best Answer

Hello @Lstruss7 I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. 

First of all, I would like to apologize for the delay in the response. I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for reporting this to us. At this moment, I would like to ask you to scroll all the way down in the app and tap on the Edit button. Once you've done that, please take a screenshot of all the tiles you're able to see and reply to us with it, this will be very helpful for us to check this further.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same problem with charge 2 and others that I know as well. Steps and sleep are gone and cant be added by the edit or +, also bluetooth cant find my fitbit anymore after toggling bluetooth on/off. Restarting the fitbit device and restarting my iphone didnt help. Everything above did not help. 

Best Answer
What can we do?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Me too!! Cannot get my step tile back

Best Answer

Hello @smwade1124 @orcajt and @TanyaVB thanks for joining the conversation, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. 

First of all, I would like to apologize for the delay in the response. Tell me, are you currently using the new Dashboard design? Would it be possible for you to reply to us with a screenshot of what you're able to see when tapping on Edit? This will be very helpful for us to check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer

I "lost" my steps tile months ago. I've tried all the things listed above. I've sort of given up on getting it back. It would be good for fitbit to figure this out.

Best Answer

I have also lost my steps tile and sleep tile. I reinstalled the app and added the Alta HR to my account again. both tiles are gone. When I click on discover the sleep tile is there but I cannot add it. The open button is Grey. The steps tile isnt there at all

Best Answer

There doesn't seem to be an account button either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Don-2019 and a warm welcome.  You added on to a somewhat older thread that deals with adding tiles.  The dashboard looks and acts differently now, so there is no account button anymore.

Here are the steps to find your missing and other available tiles:

• Tap on the Discover tab (icon) in the lower left
  • Scroll down to Health & Fitness Stats and tap on it
  • Your Sleep tile should be in the upper right, so tap on it
  • Tap on the Today tab (icon) to get back to your dashboard

This should set things straight.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

The sleep and heart rate trackers are gone since I did the update & now looks like you have to pay to have those??????   I bought the FirBit specifically for those 2 trackers.  Tell me we can get these back WITHOUT having to pay a monthly fee??? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This would work IF the tiles were even there with a pink X to click but since I got my Inspire HR they have vanished completely

Best Answer
0 Votes