Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step streak banner disappeared on new Fitbit App

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Well here we go, another app update, another set of missing information not tested.

I was over 1,111 days straight of getting my step total count.  Looked forward to my continued STREAK banner coming over the app saying way to go!! With number of straight days I maintained my goal. 

WHERE IS THIS with new app rollout (update happened yesterday on my phone)

IMG_5690.PNG

VOTE HERE TO GET THIS BACK

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Product-Feedback/Bring-back-step-streak-on-new-Fitbit-app/idi-p/5454...

Has anyone seen the new streak banner come back?  If so please post a picture of it.  Thanks for all of the comments and support.  I'm really hoping it's coming back.   

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
343 REPLIES 343

What idiot removed the step streak banner? It was literally the only thing that motivated me to get 10,000 steps a day, why, why, makes no sense. This company obviously has no understanding of the purpose of its product and the motivation of its users.

Best Answer

I agree this is just ridiculous.  It shows no caring for the people who use their products!

Best Answer

Yep, it's ridiculous.  Apparently Fitbit doesn't understand that the step streak is one of the biggest reasons to purchase and continue using their products.  I'm very disappointed and already was after seeing no proper customer service or attention to other issues in the past.  I planned to purchase a new tracker in the next month and this time I'm planning to buy from another brand.

----

I am with you.  I'm coming up on my 3 years of consecutively reaching my daily goal.  Even though you know you still have that streak, it's not the same when you can't see the number on the app.  It's very disappointing and I see no reason to continue using Fitbit products after this final disappointing change.

Best Answer

I think everyone who has rated the app in the App Store needs to change their rating to reflect their views based on the new update.

Best Answer

Great idea!!! And so I wrote a review.  Thank you.

Best Answer
Right! I am back to tracking my streak on my paper calendar! So much for
improvements in their technology!
Best Answer
Good idea! I just wrote a review and gave 1 Star

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Updated app is terrible in many ways. The removal of the step streak is probably the last straw for me. I was almost at three years. Apple Watch it is … 👎🏼

Best Answer
I already did that and gave them a 1. Yes, everyone needs to do this!!!
Best Answer

This sucks - this was a true motivator for me. Why would they remove this?

Best Answer

I agree 100% - I'm going to try and continue with my streak and track it it another way. I can't believe they would do this. Obviously the R&D group did not survey people before making this decision. 

Best Answer

10/16/23

• Keep up the streak
    For our iOS users, seeing your Steps streak was an important feature. Seeing the outpour of love for it, we’re bringing back Steps streaks on iOS, and will be launching it for the first time for our Android users, too. Don’t worry, the steps you’ve already taken will still count towards your streak!
Best Answer

Same here. Been loyal to Fitbit for over 10 years but the new update is garbage. 

Best Answer

No sign they are even considering fixing this.

Best Answer
Apparently it HAS been fixed with the latest update !!!
Best Answer
I hope you’re right !
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I went to the App Store and downloaded the 1 day old new version, but not
seeing the fixes yet. I have my patience hat on.
Best Answer
0 Votes
How do you get the update?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
For IOS , go to the App Store. Android must have it as well at Google Play
Store?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Do we know when this will be coming to Apple?  Love it!!!

Best Answer