Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step streak banner disappeared on new Fitbit App

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Well here we go, another app update, another set of missing information not tested.

I was over 1,111 days straight of getting my step total count.  Looked forward to my continued STREAK banner coming over the app saying way to go!! With number of straight days I maintained my goal. 

WHERE IS THIS with new app rollout (update happened yesterday on my phone)

IMG_5690.PNG

VOTE HERE TO GET THIS BACK

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Product-Feedback/Bring-back-step-streak-on-new-Fitbit-app/idi-p/5454...

Has anyone seen the new streak banner come back?  If so please post a picture of it.  Thanks for all of the comments and support.  I'm really hoping it's coming back.   

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
343 REPLIES 343

They really don’t get it. The motivation to keep going and the stars and way to go made it worthwhile. It was the affirmation of a good job. 

Best Answer

Do we believe? I’m hoping ❤️

Best Answer

Empathy with those who hate the disappearance of the Step Streak feature. I was at 822. I chatted with a FitBit bot and then an actual human who assured me than no one was happy, but that FitBit decided to get rid of the Step Streak banner. I want it back. I also want the old app. It was more accurate and more visually pleasing. 

Best Answer

I agree the old app was way better.  This one looks like it was never beta tested.

Best Answer

I am with you!  I LOVE seeing that banner each day!  I was looking forward to hitting my 365!  This banner motivates me beyond words!  I contacted fitbit who said they are looking into it!  PLEASE PLEASE bring this back. So many people count on this!

Best Answer

I talked to a rather nice automated bot that more or less confirmed it wasn’t coming back, and to reach out to FITBIT to provide this feedback. 🙄

Best Answer

YESSSS!! I came on here to discuss my aggravation with the same thing! I want to see my step streak. Thank you for bringing this up. 

Best Answer

This "update" was obviously created by nonusers of fitbit. The really useful or motivating options were removed.

Best Answer

The new Fitbit “upgrade” completely blows. Getting rid of the step streak was clearly done by a bunch of developers who likely don’t use the product and get about 500 steps per day away from their terminals. Also, have lost the battery icon from the main screen. I always thought upgrades added features not removed them? Likely they will add them in the premium version only and require everyone to pay for what was previously free. If Fitbit cares at all about customer retention they will add these features back. 

Best Answer

Exactly! If they asked the users, then we wouldn’t have lost all the things we loved! 

Best Answer

Sadly, I don’t think they care which is so sad. I used to recommend Fitbit to everyone and loved using it since 2013. Now, looking for alternatives. 

Best Answer

Step Streak Issue!  I reached 1,000 consecutive steps on Aug 31, 2023 and a few weeks later it prompted me to login with Google and no more Step Streak!

Here is the Customer service manager email to update you:

Hi Bryan 
I hope this message finds you well.
I am writing to inform you about an important change that has been recently implemented in the Fitbit app.
As part of our continuous effort to enhance the user experience, we have updated the app to version 4.00 which involves the removal of a feature called Step Streak. Step Streak was a feature that allowed customers to accumulate a streak of steps taken and was highly popular among our users.
However, with the new design in place, the feature has been removed.
We understand that this may cause inconvenience to some of our valued customers and we apologize for the inconvenience caused.
We appreciate all of your valuable feedback regarding this feature, . We invite you to visit our Fitbit community page at fitbit.com/community to share your feedback and to stay informed about future updates and new features that may interest you. Please also note that we highly discourage our customer support team from providing false expectations to our customers.
Therefore, we kindly request that you do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or doubts.
Thank you for your understanding
Sincerely,

AndreaJ and the Fitbit Team

Best Answer

I wonder how removing this enhances the user experience especially since it was "so popular among our users."  

Best Answer

Why fix the bug when you can simply remove the feature?

I'd like to say that I hope the removal is in preparation for re-implementing the feature the "right way", but I have zero confidence in this product. No, that's incorrect. I have negative confidence.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Could not agree more!! I was on a streak of over 1100 days, and it is the sole reason I have remained with the Fitbit all these years. It seems weird, but I am honestly devastated! 

Best Answer

Questions and Doubts for Andreaj

How does removing a highly popular feature enhance user experience. From the hundreds of messages concerning this feature it was not only popular but a very important motivator. Which is the very basic function of a fitness device. So we are attempting to contact you with our concerns.

Sincerely

Another disappointed Fitbit user 

Best Answer

Questions and Doubts for Andreaj

How does removing a highly popular feature enhance user experience. From the hundreds of messages concerning this feature it was not only popular but a very important motivator. Which is the very basic function of a fitness device. So we are attempting to contact you with our concerns.

Sincerely

Another disappointed Fitbit user 

Best Answer

Dead silence with no response from Fitbit of course. I'm going to have to switch to Apple. Fitbit frustrates me. This is so wrong in many ways.

Best Answer

What an incredibly sad reply to Bryan!!

Just like removing all the challenges enhanced our user experience! NOT

I am so disappointed in Fitbit. Have no idea who is in charge (I know, google) but these are certainly knucklehead decisions. I’m sure they’ve already lost a huge population of users, and they’ll keep losing more. 

Best Answer

Why would you remove a highly popular feature!!!!  That makes no sense…. This new app is ridiculous…. Boring and unmotivating!!!!!

Best Answer