Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step streak banner disappeared on new Fitbit App

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Well here we go, another app update, another set of missing information not tested.

I was over 1,111 days straight of getting my step total count.  Looked forward to my continued STREAK banner coming over the app saying way to go!! With number of straight days I maintained my goal. 

WHERE IS THIS with new app rollout (update happened yesterday on my phone)

IMG_5690.PNG

VOTE HERE TO GET THIS BACK

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Product-Feedback/Bring-back-step-streak-on-new-Fitbit-app/idi-p/5454...

Has anyone seen the new streak banner come back?  If so please post a picture of it.  Thanks for all of the comments and support.  I'm really hoping it's coming back.   

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
343 REPLIES 343

Yes I agree with you. Another update without any notice! I lost my step streak after 367 days. Why did they take that away ? I look forward to it everyday and the new update screen is boring!  I wish we could get the old screen back also! Ugh!!!! Maybe will get an Apple Watch after this.  Why do they keep changing it?

----

I'm not keeping track of it on paper LOL ... We pay enough for the Fitbits it's suppose to do all the tracking. This is crazy, I want the step streak banner back.  

----

This new app is missing the most important thing that everyone is supposedly wanting back.  "Step Streak Banner" You need to put the step streak banner back. It's an important motivator !  Can't believe it disappeared on our app! 

----

This new app is missing the most important thing that everyone is supposedly wanting back. "Step Streak Banner"  Fitbit needs to put back the banner. It's an important motivator! Can't believe it disappeared on the app.  I had just made over 367 days and now it's gone. Ugh.  Many users may switch to another type of tracker ! I might switch to an Apple Watch.

Best Answer

No good feedback. I got a couple of emails from support basically telling me to shut up and color. Canned responses saying it’s part of their effort to give us a better product and refusing to admit we aren’t asking for something new, just give us back what we had… BTW we also lost the the battery level reading. They are going to be another company that lost touch and eventually died.

Best Answer

Sadly, I agree with that and it’s quizzical since My Fitness Pal and Apple Watch are making such inroads in the industry. But I faithfully stuck with and promoted Fitbit. But apparently the feeling isn’t mutual…

Best Answer

Utterly disappointed!!!  The streak was such a driving force and key element motivating change and fitness goals.  I recently "upgraded" to a Versa 4.  Many features were removed and I was very unimpressed with the watch.  Furthermore, the removal of the streak feature and crappy looking app are too much to bear.  I'll be returning the Versa and switching over to an Apple watch.  Not sure what out-of-touch product owner decided to remove streak, but they should be removed from their position before they do more damage to the Fitbit brand...

Best Answer

Any update on When is this coming back?  I am thinking of moving to Garmen if they don’t bring it back

Best Answer
From what I’ve read, it isn’t. 🤬
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I hear you! I just hit the same streak last month. It took effort to walk 10K every single day for over 3 years straight. I am angry at Fitbit’s mismanagement, now researching what watch to buy instead.

Best Answer

Finally got a direct answer out of customer support.

IMG_1556.jpeg

Best Answer
Wow. I hope that’s true! Seems like a bot was talking to you! But let’s hope. Thanks for update

Mimi

Sent from iPhone (which may explain typos and brevity)
Best Answer

You'd think they'd be much more anxious to reassure us seeing how many here were upset and disappointed, but that is GOOD news. On the other hand, my sleep wasn't recorded last night because my Fitbit's juice ran out and I didn't know it because - guess why - they took the battery level icon off the app and didn't message me like usual! Baby steps...

Best Answer

Well I also tried writing directly through Twitter (X).     and this was my reply which contradicts what you received during your chat.  I hope they are working it.  Please keep hounding Fitbit support.  Thanks for all of your comments. 

Fitbit Support
@FitbitSupp
Hi, XXXX. Sorry to hear this. Showing the streaks will no longer be available on this version. But you can still see step data and determine which days you achieved your step goal. We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, which sometimes results in existing products changing.

Best Answer

I’m hoping that is true and it continues with the amount we have adding the last few days too.

Best Answer

Thanks for pushing for an answer, Luke! Reminds me of my days as a reporter. Let's hope they undo their bad moves that are driving many of us to look into alternative trackers. After all, if our hard-earned cumulative step streaks are not restored, there is nothing holding us to buying another Fitbit or its "premium" service.

Best Answer

Google - please bring back the streak. 

Do you really have to take away everything we loved about Fitbit?  Most of us did not choose to purchase a Google watch, we purchased a Fitbit for all the things they offered and we loved - this is what motivated us.  And now... it is more like we're casualties of the business merger; you've taken away challenges, badges, and now the most loved and very motivating step streak. We are more like hostages to a smartwatch that no longer gives us what we want or what we need. Please don't be "that" company in a world where the cost of living is out of control. You know a majority of us, even though we are upset, won't purchase a new watch because we can't.  Be the company that reads what your consumer wants and says... we're sorry we didn't know it was that important and we'll put the streak back.  And oh by the way we have a lot of great changes coming that will make you love your Fitbit even more!  That's a company that I and many others want to give our money to and whom we'll be loyal to and most importantly will motivate us.  Thanks for listening.

Best Answer

We'll see in a few days .. LOL ... sometimes they do things to try shut us up.  

Best Answer
and....
Best Answer

I was too. I wasn't nearly as far as you were. I had about 60 days to go to a wedding in NC and I committed to 10k a day for 60. It sucks not seeing the number anymore.

Best Answer

Great message to Fitbit! Clear, concise and very well written! There are so many of us out here hoping Google truly listens to the Fitbit community and restores the streak goal. This is not the consumer being focused only on one Health metric. This is the consumer being motivated by a simple pat on the back of a job Well done! I know several evenings I’ve come home and realized I still had 1000 steps to reach my goal and I wanted to see that streak continued and would encourage my family to go with me so I could hit that goal. How is that a bad thing? 

Best Answer
Exactly! The last time I got this close to 1,000 days straight of 10,000
steps I fractured my hip. Luckily I like most of us know how to do simple
math so I should be able to get my 1,000 days either way. But it doesn’t
bode well for a future Fit Bit purchase, that’s for sure!
Best Answer

My step streak went from 144 days to 4 days back on 8/28. Support strung me along for weeks saying they were working on it and it would be restored. I really hope for all of us that this is true but I am suspicious. 

Best Answer