Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step streak banner disappeared on new Fitbit App

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Well here we go, another app update, another set of missing information not tested.

I was over 1,111 days straight of getting my step total count.  Looked forward to my continued STREAK banner coming over the app saying way to go!! With number of straight days I maintained my goal. 

WHERE IS THIS with new app rollout (update happened yesterday on my phone)

IMG_5690.PNG

VOTE HERE TO GET THIS BACK

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Product-Feedback/Bring-back-step-streak-on-new-Fitbit-app/idi-p/5454...

Has anyone seen the new streak banner come back?  If so please post a picture of it.  Thanks for all of the comments and support.  I'm really hoping it's coming back.   

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
343 REPLIES 343

Fitbit dropping step streak makes me angry. Like many Fitbit users, I put a lot of effort into hitting 10,000 daily steps — I should be showing 1,125 days today! This feature is why, when my Fitbit konks out after a year or so, I still buy another Fitbit. If this feature is not restored — with our data intact — I will switch to another fitness watch as my sister-in-law did. This was clearly not designed nor influenced by dedicated Fitbit users.

----

Ditto for me, over three years and I am upset by this move to drop the consecutive step streak count. Fitbit needs to restore the feature and our data or I am sure many of us will buy a different watch. (Already unhappy that mine only last about a year.)

Best Answer

I was at 634 days of hitting my goal, and now that’s not part of the features. Also, where’s my battery life on the app????? WHY THE CHANGES????

Best Answer

Well said! 

Best Answer

They have removed it unfortunately. 

IMG_6868.jpeg

Best Answer

The new software is clumsy and includes much more data than needed. And to do away with the very valuable feature of weekly step count? Why? 

Please bring it back. In fact, bring back the original version. Asking for a friend…

Best Answer

Fitbit, please listen to your users and bring back the step streak banner (with updated streak count) and the battery indicator!!  The step streak banner was the motivational tool many users relied on to stay accountable to their fitness goals. I was at 480 days and i really wanted to see my banner reach 500 days! That may not seem like much to some, but for a 45 year old previously-sedentary academic, it is a grand accomplishment! Prior to your latest update, how many users did you ask about the tools they really used on the device? I suspect a great many would have made note of the step streak banner and battery indicator. Please reconsider and bring these tools back to the device. Please?

Best Answer

So frustrating. A warning would have been appreciated. Like others, I believe Google is going to continue to take features away and not provide any new ones. The updated app is horrible and hard to read. I miss the streak count. I’ll be checking out what Garmin has to offer as they seem more interested in what the user wants to see. 

Best Answer

Isn’t that the truth!! Time to move to a different company that will let ME choose the health metric I think is valuable and motivating for me! Not Google!

Best Answer

I need my step streak counter back in the app. I was a few days away from 1000 days and now the banner is gone and it doesn’t seem to be counting anywhere. Such a big loss with the update. Bring it back!!!

Best Answer
Very well said! Keep walking!

Mimi

Sent from iPhone (which may explain typos and brevity)
Best Answer

I’m with you! I had set a New Year’s resolution to get 10,000 steps everyday and so far have hit it everyday. The streak was such a motivator. I looked into reverting the app update with no luck. @Fitbit, PLEASE bring it back asap. 

Best Answer

I was…I mean I’m on a 950 something day streak and was excited to see it turn 1000. Now it’s gone so I’m not sure. Ahhhhh!!!!! I guess I can individually look back and find the day it will flip four digits. But yes I’ve lost motivation. Thanks Fitbit. 

Maybe I should get Apple instead.

Best Answer

Is this now a premium subscription thing like you have to pay $30/month for the streaks to show?

Best Answer

Absolutely!! Why remove it in the first place? Also get rid of the Apple/Microsoft theme, we are not children. Seems there is less features and more selling/advertising. Ridiculous. I will go back to Garmin 

Best Answer

I was told that they make these decisions in popularity. I suggested that the posts here show there is a reason to keep the step streak. Perhaps if we’re vocal enough here they will get the message.

Best Answer

*might* bring it back? They clearly don’t know their audience 

Best Answer

Yes, the step streak was my new accountability partner and I was really pushing myself to get those steps to keep the streak. WTHeck Fitbit?! You know people make YouTube videos about this stuff. It’s important to us. The badge situation was already frustrating enough. Where’s the motivation?

Best Answer
From what I’ve read it has been permanently removed from the app. Might be time to switch to a Garmin.
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Same, I was around 225 days 

Best Answer

I was at 1124 days, over 3 years, 10K+ steps. Luckily I had taken a screen shot of my step streak recently. This was basically the only feature keeping me with the Fitbit brand. I will be looking to purchase a different tracker.  The new display is dumbed down, typical of most things these days. Goodbye Fitbit! 

Best Answer