Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps not syncing with MyFitnessPal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been using FitBit integrated with MyFitnessPal for almost 2 years. Suddenly today steps are not syncing at all with MyFitnessPal. I have followed the instructions for disconnecting and reconnecting and it is still not working. 

Best Answer
44 REPLIES 44

Same thing for me. Updated my Charge 2 firmware and on Saturday the stes are not syncing in Myfitnesspal anymore. Did the disconnect and reconnect twice. Nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem for me as well. I have android. Last complete sync was Friday April 14th, nothing since. MFP indicates there is a problem since the last Fitbit firmware update. Hoping there is a resolution soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Snap! 

Also when I try and log in it informs me that another account is also logged in... FRUSTRATING!!! Hope it's sorted soon!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I finally got my access back, I had to revoke the access by logging in on my computer then relink them.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Don't have a computer just iPad and iPhone how do I do what you did?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Snap. Yesterday and today. 😡😡😡😤😤

Best Answer
0 Votes
Do you mind a step by step on this?

Stacy Jensen
Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same problem too. Followed MFP instructions to disconnect and reconnect works but have to keep doing that to update Fitbit steps. Not a practical solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

..... disconnecting and reconnecting has to be done on the website to see the steps update. Doesn't work from the phone app

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hmmm. I tried that idea (revoking access and then granting access on
PC). Did get it t sync once, but again, isn't syncing after that.
Best Answer
Log into the Fitbit site on either device on the internet side not the app, go to settings, from the drop down go to applications, under MyFitnessPal, click Revoke Access, I then disconnected my Fitbit and reconnected it.on the internet side as well and my steps are now syncing.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the exact same problem it started yesterday I keep having to disconnect and reconnect them to get steps to update on fitnesspal 

Best Answer
Did just that and it will work but unfortunately that's the ONLY way to get steps update right now. It won't update automatically on the app

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too ! The MyFitnessPal tech department does know about it and "hopes to resolve it soon " They suggested we contact our Fitbit Tech people ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you go and disconnect and reconnected after revoking access?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I tried the disconnect and reconnect. 

Tried changing what adds rhe stips etc to MFP then changing back but nothing worked. 

Hopefully it will be sorted soon and expect to see an update soon in iPhone 

Best Answer
0 Votes
If reconnected through website steps will update but. It if done through the app

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

MFP say they're aware of the issue and hope to have a fix soon...

Allie
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks it worked

Blessings,
Teri
Live simply...Love generously...Care deeply...Speak kindly...Leave the rest to God.
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've also experienced this issue. Got steps to sync once (for only that day, today at 10ish) by breaking/re-establishing connection, but as has been observed in this thread steps did not continue to sync after that.

MyFitnessPal just responded to my support ticket. They are aware of the issue, and asked that Fitbit also check on their end to see what might be causing the issue.

Here's the official MFP article: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2788254-fitbit-steps-not-syncing-as-of-4-15

Best Answer
0 Votes