Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped seeing notifications after updating to iOS 13

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We are aware of an issue preventing some users from receiving notifications on their iPhone after updating to iOS 13. If you're having trouble receiving notifications and you updated your iPhone or iPad to iOS 13, follow the steps in this article, which are also documented below:

1. GET UP-TO-DATE

1. Update the Fitbit app.
  2. Make sure you installed the latest version of iOS. Tap Settings > General > Software update to see if an update is available.

2. CHECK YOUR BLUETOOTH SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  3. Turn Share System Notifications off and then back on. If you don't see the Share System Notifications option:
    1. Restart your Fitbit device. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
    2. Tap Allow when you receive a message on your iPhone or iPad asking if you want your Fitbit device to show notifications.
    3. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device
    4. Turn on Share System Notifications.

3. CHECK YOUR NOTIFICATION SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
  2.  Make sure Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.
  3. Verify the settings for each app that sends notifications:
App Settings
Calendar
  • Allow Notifications—On
  • Tap each notification type and verify the settings:
    • Alerts > Notification Center—On
    • Show Previews—Always or When Unlocked
Phone
  • Allow Notifications—On
All other apps
  • Allow Notifications—On

4. RESTART YOUR PHONE

For instructions, see the Apple help article.

If these steps do not resolve the issue for you, please keep your app up to date, and watch this thread for new information. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while our team works to address this.

Best Answer
3,760 REPLIES 3,760

I don't know if it's the same for the Blaze, but I read a posting in another thread that helped me sync my Versa.  In the settings app on my iPhone, I went to the Bluetoooth area.  Versa showed up as connected.  I tapped it and then the only option was to "Forget this device."  I chose "forget" and then went out of settings and back in again to Settings - Bluetooth on my phone.  I asked it to search for devices and it found my Versa and I asked it to connect.  It did and then my syncing problem was fixed.  Not the others . . . but my syncing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done all trouble shooting but can not get to share with device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the inspire model.   iPhone 10xs 13.1.1.   Bluetooth does not see the Fitbit    Other device yes.   This one no

it is not a notification issue.   It fails to work period.    

Also tried to use iPhone 8’s+.  Same iOS same result 

help!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine just worked !!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything that the f

fitbit team as suggested but still nothing. I guess I’ll have to junk it (Fitbit 2) and get me an Apple Watch!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the update my sleep data is no longer accurate. It records the total time in bed & now I have to subtract the awake/restless time manually. The history now reflects the time spent in bed vrs actually sleep time. I always keep it on sensitive. Any suggestions? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried to do these steps and it did nit work, I never know now when some one is calling me when I leave my phone plugged it to the headphones and go down stairs in my house or at school when there is government alerts. I never know when there is something going on and I don't get notifications from my calendar. And I never know when somebody is texting me. I my opinion there should be an apple update on this Apple should have know that it would interfere with our fitbits. Thank you for reading my comment. I wish you guy luck if this worked for you , it didn't for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to change the notifications to “when unlocked” and it able to get call/text - has that worked for anyone else? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No texts coming through from my iPhone to Fitbit Alta after trying everything given 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How have you got yours to work? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope. Mine is set to that and still no notifications.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated the software, removed it from Bluetooth and re added, and I changed notifications to ”when unlocked” and I get call and text notifications. It still doesn’t work when I change it to “never” though 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ever since I updated my iPhone to iOS 13 I’m no longer receiving text messages on my blaze, I get all other notifications, and I get notified of an “active call” and it continues to vibrate for minutes even after I’ve picked up the phone.. really am hating that. I’ve followed all the steps listed in this forum and nothing works or helps.. Bluetooth is on, notifications are on.. everything is updated. Nothing helps. Really disappointed. Considering switching to Apple Watch if Fitbit doesn’t fix this. 

Best Answer
I called Fitbit this morning. They have no real solution but are “working on it” no time line as to when it will be accomplished. He told me “you’ll know when it’s completed as you’ll start receiving notifications”. Great answer huh?!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Updated: figured it out for iPhone users. Go to settings - notifications - messages and then change “notification grouping” to “by app”... you have to make sure that you’ve allowed on the Bluetooth setting for FitBit to be an allowed app. Immediately after I changed this setting texted showed up on my watch. Hoping it stays. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just googled Fitbit and all they say is they apologize for the issues and to follow steps which is what we did deleting the app and reloading it and it still doesn’t work. They said if it doesn’t work to update your Fitbit app but unless we get a notification for an update we can’t update the app ourselves it’s aggravating I’m calling them tomorrow they should replace everyone’s Fitbit

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

They told me the same thing over a week ago.... clearly they’ve made no progress 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've been hearing three same problems with the apples too
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve followed all the steps and still my messages won’t sync with Fitbit when do you hope this will be fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes
WhT does “notification grouping” refer to? I’m not sure I want it selected without knowing 🤷🏻‍:female_sign:

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes