Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped seeing notifications after updating to iOS 13

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We are aware of an issue preventing some users from receiving notifications on their iPhone after updating to iOS 13. If you're having trouble receiving notifications and you updated your iPhone or iPad to iOS 13, follow the steps in this article, which are also documented below:

1. GET UP-TO-DATE

1. Update the Fitbit app.
  2. Make sure you installed the latest version of iOS. Tap Settings > General > Software update to see if an update is available.

2. CHECK YOUR BLUETOOTH SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  3. Turn Share System Notifications off and then back on. If you don't see the Share System Notifications option:
    1. Restart your Fitbit device. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
    2. Tap Allow when you receive a message on your iPhone or iPad asking if you want your Fitbit device to show notifications.
    3. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device
    4. Turn on Share System Notifications.

3. CHECK YOUR NOTIFICATION SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
  2.  Make sure Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.
  3. Verify the settings for each app that sends notifications:
App Settings
Calendar
  • Allow Notifications—On
  • Tap each notification type and verify the settings:
    • Alerts > Notification Center—On
    • Show Previews—Always or When Unlocked
Phone
  • Allow Notifications—On
All other apps
  • Allow Notifications—On

4. RESTART YOUR PHONE

For instructions, see the Apple help article.

If these steps do not resolve the issue for you, please keep your app up to date, and watch this thread for new information. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while our team works to address this.

Best Answer
3,760 REPLIES 3,760

Joining this thread in the case that a solution is reached. 

in the meantime looking at Apple Watch!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have tried it all, nothings works for getting notifications on my Versa. Can you send me a new one that works?

Best Answer

The notification setting: "Show Preview=Always" on my Iphone solved it,

BUT one reason why I had the setting "Show Preview=Never" is that I don't like the idea that received messages instantly pops up on a locked screen on my phone.  I guess this bug/feature is caused by the new interpretations in Apple based on GDPR, so I'll have to deside whether or not I wan't my FitBit to show SMS.  It now comes with a "cost" - of simultainius appearance on my phone regardless is the screen is locked 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Amalia427 

Sorry your having syncing issues. Have you tried this:

Go to the phone settings and then go to Bluetooth. Here, look for the Alta HR as a connected device. and Tap on it and select the option that says Forget this device. Once you've done that, go to the Fitbit app, tap on the Alta HR icon at the top of the screen and go to Notifications. Enable them and it should connect to your bluetooth again. After this, send yourself a test notification and see if it works better after that. 
Then:

1. On your iPhone's settings, tap on "Bluetooth".
  2. Then tap on "i" button next to your Fitbit device's name.
  3. Turn on toggle switch next to "Share System Notifications"
  4. Then test the notifications one more time.

😃 please let me know if this does the trick
Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently updated to iOS 13.1.1 and ever since my call and text notifications have stopped coming through on my charge 2. 
ive deleted the product from my Bluetooth and re-set it, removes from my account and readded it. I’ve deleted my app and reset everything up that way and today i even reset my charge 2 and still nothing. I receive calendar updates just fine but no calls or texts. Any help would be appreciated as this is frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
They’re not going to do that. I spoke to them and they said that they don’t know when it’s going to be fixed and that when you get an update it should work I just got another iOS update so I’m going to try that tonight and if it still doesn’t work I’m getting an Apple Watch

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the ALTA and after this iOS 13 update no longer receive text or phone notifications. The above instructions did not work. Please fix!!! 

Best Answer
Sorry having the same problem, did exactly the same thing and nothing,
waiting for them to fix this issue
Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked completely. Make sure you follow number 8. All good now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the charge 3 and it is only my text message (iMessage) notifications that are not working. ( after updating my iPhone X to iOS 13) Calls and calendar notifications are working fine. I have tried all of the steps above...still not working. Wondering if I need to just bite the bullet and get an Apple Watch and ditch the fit bit 😔

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is extremely ridiculous that Fitbit is "behind". I am a faithful Fitbit person and now I am very disappointed in them. I have tried several online room chats resolutions and it still doesn't work. I have tried this stuff and it doesn't work. Also I do NOT want my messages to be previewed in the lock screen. They need to be PRIVATE as that is the way I want them and the way I had it before I went to iOS 13. When it was the iOS 12 or earlier it was set as to being private. Fitbit needs to quickly work to get an accurate solution for this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried that and it didn’t work

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I had the same issue.  Tried the troubleshooting recommendations from Fitbit and they did not work.  Those suggesting turn on message preview under notifications>messages>show previews have it figured out.  This worked for me.  I only kept on alerts in the notification center and previews when unlocked so they don't pop up on my lock screen but they seem to be coming up on my Fitbit now.  Give it a try.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cannot access my fit bit also no luck with recommendations for fix

when will it be fixed

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked, but i don’t like that this is the route we have to take. I hate preview. Ugh thinking of switching to Apple Watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Yeah that didn’t work for me as well as the new update from Apple.  Previously I’ve removed app from phone, removed device from Fitbit, factory reset it, and still no text. Yesterday after the Apple update I could see calls coming in, but today no phone call notifications and no text notifications. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have no screen display.  I have an android phone.  It quit on September 11th.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My software is 12.4.2 and I don't have a choice for Versa in the Bluetooth section. I have turned off the Versa, Bluetooth and phone still no connection, text or calls. This started on 9-22-19. When will it be fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

HELP!!!!  As soon as I updated my software to iOS 13 I also stopped receiving notifications. I did everything that Fitbit suggested and was able to get notifications for my apps but I am still not able to get my text notifications. How do I get these back???? 

Best Answer