Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped seeing notifications after updating to iOS 13

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We are aware of an issue preventing some users from receiving notifications on their iPhone after updating to iOS 13. If you're having trouble receiving notifications and you updated your iPhone or iPad to iOS 13, follow the steps in this article, which are also documented below:

1. GET UP-TO-DATE

1. Update the Fitbit app.
  2. Make sure you installed the latest version of iOS. Tap Settings > General > Software update to see if an update is available.

2. CHECK YOUR BLUETOOTH SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  3. Turn Share System Notifications off and then back on. If you don't see the Share System Notifications option:
    1. Restart your Fitbit device. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
    2. Tap Allow when you receive a message on your iPhone or iPad asking if you want your Fitbit device to show notifications.
    3. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device
    4. Turn on Share System Notifications.

3. CHECK YOUR NOTIFICATION SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
  2.  Make sure Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.
  3. Verify the settings for each app that sends notifications:
App Settings
Calendar
  • Allow Notifications—On
  • Tap each notification type and verify the settings:
    • Alerts > Notification Center—On
    • Show Previews—Always or When Unlocked
Phone
  • Allow Notifications—On
All other apps
  • Allow Notifications—On

4. RESTART YOUR PHONE

For instructions, see the Apple help article.

If these steps do not resolve the issue for you, please keep your app up to date, and watch this thread for new information. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while our team works to address this.

Best Answer
3,760 REPLIES 3,760

Yep, same issue and tried all the same things but nothing's working.  I'm getting some notifications but not the most important one (texts).  I do not have the new Fitbit OS yet so I'm hoping whichever one updates again the soonest, it'll fix it.

Best Answer

I receive all other notifications except for text messages. I am not sure why, it has to be a glitch because I went through all the troubleshooting with a Fitbit representative. Please find a solution because this is an awesome feature that I miss. I mostly communicate via text so this would be awesome. Thanks.

Best Answer

Since I updated my IPhone to IOS 13 my Charge 3 does not get text or call notifications. Is their a fix or this this a know issue? 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue.  iPhone 8 Plus.  Can’t get an answer 

Best Answer

This is a known issue. They are working to resolve it. 

Best Answer

Me too and I’ve gone through every step there is

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was already enabled for me. Still no luck here 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

Could be ....I saw that this was an issue when IOS12 was released so could be the same issue as before....maybe their will be an update with the Fitbit app that will help fix it 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone - I've merged some common threads together to address this issue collectively. We are aware of an issue preventing some users from receiving notifications on their iPhone after updating to iOS 13. If you noticed that your notifications stopped after this iOS update, please try the following steps:

1. Open the Settings app
  2. Tap Bluetooth
  3. Tap on the "i" button next to your Fitbit device
  4. Turn on the toggle switch next to Share System Notifications

If this does not resolve the issue for you, please keep your app up to date, and watch this thread for new information. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working to get everything back up and running normally soon.

Best Answer

Updated yesterday morning to iOS 13 and also not getting notifications on my Charge 2. Did all the same things as you abs nothing! So frustrating!!!

Best Answer

Same here. I just turned Preview on and I’m getting notifications on my charge 2

Best Answer

Tried this and it still didn’t work. From reading this forum I saw that turning Preview on and it worked for texts. Not sure about calls yet thought. But I don’t like having preview on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here...Fitbit states that they are working to resolve the issue.  So frustrating because I don’t always have my phone close to me. Now I am missing messages! Ugh!

Best Answer

Following those steps don’t help. I can’t have my sound on at work so have the notifications come thru on my Fitbit Charger 2 helps a lot so I don’t miss a call or an important text. Please fix this problem soon for everyone. 

Best Answer

I am no longer receiving text notifications on my Fitbit versa after updating my iPhone to Ios13. 
I have already tried removing versa in app and reconnecting . I have also tried deleting app and downloading again. I have reconnected WiFi and Bluetooth with no solution. 

Best Answer

Same here - Turned on Preview in my messages notifications on my iPhone XS Max - and my Versa is getting messages again!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problems since updating my iPhone. I get calls but no text notifications. So frustrating! Fitbit PLEASE fix this issue. 

Best Answer

I did what you suggested and mine is working again too!!!! YAY!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Turn on your “preview” messages under the notifications setting. I did that and now my versa is able to receive messages again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! That did it! 

Best Answer