Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped seeing notifications after updating to iOS 13

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We are aware of an issue preventing some users from receiving notifications on their iPhone after updating to iOS 13. If you're having trouble receiving notifications and you updated your iPhone or iPad to iOS 13, follow the steps in this article, which are also documented below:

1. GET UP-TO-DATE

1. Update the Fitbit app.
  2. Make sure you installed the latest version of iOS. Tap Settings > General > Software update to see if an update is available.

2. CHECK YOUR BLUETOOTH SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  3. Turn Share System Notifications off and then back on. If you don't see the Share System Notifications option:
    1. Restart your Fitbit device. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
    2. Tap Allow when you receive a message on your iPhone or iPad asking if you want your Fitbit device to show notifications.
    3. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device
    4. Turn on Share System Notifications.

3. CHECK YOUR NOTIFICATION SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
  2.  Make sure Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.
  3. Verify the settings for each app that sends notifications:
App Settings
Calendar
  • Allow Notifications—On
  • Tap each notification type and verify the settings:
    • Alerts > Notification Center—On
    • Show Previews—Always or When Unlocked
Phone
  • Allow Notifications—On
All other apps
  • Allow Notifications—On

4. RESTART YOUR PHONE

For instructions, see the Apple help article.

If these steps do not resolve the issue for you, please keep your app up to date, and watch this thread for new information. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while our team works to address this.

Best Answer
3,760 REPLIES 3,760

Still nothing after suggested test

Best Answer

I updated my iPhone XR last night and once it was updated, my Versa stopped working. I am able to get phone calls on my watch but NOT text messages?! I did everything to try and connect both my iPhone and watch but nothing. Is there any updates as to how this will be fixed?!?

Best Answer

Hi! So I just updated my iPhone to iOS 13 on Friday, and since then I have no longer been getting text notifications on my versa. Not sure which end this problem lies on. I re paired the devices and made sure notifications are on on the fitbit app, but still no luck. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it? 

Best Answer

Im so glad I’m not the only one! It’s driving me insane! 

Best Answer
Yes I’ve tried everything. I hate this issue!
Best Answer

I have been experiencing the same problem! I updated my iPhone last night and ever since I updated it, I have not been receiving text notifications on my Versa. I have tried everything and nothing has worked. But, I am receiving call notifications and reminders to step, just not text notifications and it’s driving me crazy! 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Same here I get calls but no text and it’s making very frustrated as well 

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue. I’ve tried all of the fixes mentioned here. It seems as though my phone is only connecting to my Charge 2 via Bluetooth when I have the Fitbit app open and am syncing.  As soon as the sync is done, I lose the Bluetooth connection and my Fitbit doesn’t even show up in my list of available devices. This is maddening.

Best Answer

I’m experiencing the same issue! 

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue and have tried everything!! FITBIT PLEASE FIX ISSUE!!

Best Answer

I have the same issue.

Best Answer

I am also Having the same issue.. I have tried everything as well. Please fix!

Best Answer
Agreed!
Best Answer

Im having the same problem. FITBIT PLEASE HELP!

Best Answer

Hello @asandoval12 and @Karolin 

try going to settings> bluetooth>tap on the 'i" next to your device and toggle on> share system notifications. 

Please let let me know if this solves your issue 

Best Answer
I tried this. It’s already on and I’m not getting text message notifications. Only phone calls.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
Best Answer

Not receiving text or phone calls.  Does anyone know why?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa was notifying me of all calls and texts until it ran out of battery Friday evening. I recharged my Versa and it began notifying me of phone calls again but not any texts. I have turned off my iPhone and restarted it, I have deleted my Versa from my Fitbit app and re synced it, I have deleted my Fitbit app and reinstalled it. I have verified all settings in Fitbit app show green and good for notifications. I have pressed left button down on actual Versa and it shows notifications. I have gone to my iPhone settings and made sure Fitbit has permission to notify me. Still no texts will come through on my Versa. Phone calls work, they vibrate and notify me thru my Versa, just no texts at all. Please help! I really rely on my text notifications. Again, it happened after my Versa battery ran completely out, I usually never let it go out (maybe just once or twice ever before).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also, I should note I’ve shutdown the Versa and restarted it along with updating the Fitbit app to the most current update. All with no texts notifications coming to the Versa. 

Best Answer
0 Votes