Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped seeing notifications after updating to iOS 13

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We are aware of an issue preventing some users from receiving notifications on their iPhone after updating to iOS 13. If you're having trouble receiving notifications and you updated your iPhone or iPad to iOS 13, follow the steps in this article, which are also documented below:

1. GET UP-TO-DATE

1. Update the Fitbit app.
  2. Make sure you installed the latest version of iOS. Tap Settings > General > Software update to see if an update is available.

2. CHECK YOUR BLUETOOTH SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  3. Turn Share System Notifications off and then back on. If you don't see the Share System Notifications option:
    1. Restart your Fitbit device. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
    2. Tap Allow when you receive a message on your iPhone or iPad asking if you want your Fitbit device to show notifications.
    3. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device
    4. Turn on Share System Notifications.

3. CHECK YOUR NOTIFICATION SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
  2.  Make sure Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.
  3. Verify the settings for each app that sends notifications:
App Settings
Calendar
  • Allow Notifications—On
  • Tap each notification type and verify the settings:
    • Alerts > Notification Center—On
    • Show Previews—Always or When Unlocked
Phone
  • Allow Notifications—On
All other apps
  • Allow Notifications—On

4. RESTART YOUR PHONE

For instructions, see the Apple help article.

If these steps do not resolve the issue for you, please keep your app up to date, and watch this thread for new information. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while our team works to address this.

Best Answer
3,760 REPLIES 3,760

It’s ridiculous. Keep up with the changes or get left behind. Already shopping for my Apple Watch and for the Versa 2 boxed back up. 

it’s a shame that such a large company’s IT department has not yet made the adjustment. 

Best Answer
An Apple Watch is better than garmin. I have an Apple Watch and have no issues with my iOS updating. I can view and receive text messages on it. I love it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Can we return our Fitbits?! What’s the warranty and what do they expect us to do with the broken devices?

Best Answer

Question about Apple Watch— does it add to your plan?

Best Answer
0 Votes
My only concern with going to an Apple Watch is updating. Apple forces updates or upgrades otherwise apps and features stop working. Eventually I always have to stop updates or things slow down to much on my phone
Fit bit, how about you just fix this issue!?!?!
Before all your loyal customers leave for something else!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Bderwin  the warranty and returns information is here - click to read. You might want to edit your posts to remove your personal contact information.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
😬😬😬 don’t see how to edit my replies! Thanks for the heads up.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bderwin  the Apple Watch comes in a gps option as well as a gps cellular one. It doesn’t necessarily mean having to  add to your cell phone plan. Typically the sales from the cell phone providers will be for the gps cellular one and the reason your getting the discount is because you’re adding a number. Although this time of the year you will probably see discounts on both options. Supposedly the series 4 has the same features as the 5, but because the 5 is the flagship there are discounts on the 4. Series 3 was on sale for 130 this past weekend! Making it cheaper than the versa2. Good luck!

@Erienne im currently using an iphone se and I see where you are coming from, but do you think everything is slowing down or does it appear slower because the newer phones like the iPhone 11 are that much faster?  It’s kind of like is the glass half full or half empty

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Bderwin 

To edit your post to remove personal information (phone number, address etc) just tap the three small dots in the upper right corner of the post, tap edit in the drop down menu, remove the information you want, then tap submit again 😉

Best Answer

I spent more than 30 minutes on the phone with a Fitbit rep yesterday.  We worked all the steps again -- YES, AGAIN. I did everything they could imagine, but it still doesn't work.  Sorry, Fitbit ... this one's on you.  This is a basic feature, and it doesn't work, and consumers aren't getting anything in return for this mistake, so I'm DONE with Fitbit!

Best Answer

You're the best!

Moderator edit: removed all caps

Best Answer

I saw where someone said they turned their message previews on and it worked. I tried it and it did work. No big deal when all kind of business pops up on my lock screen for anyone to see😒🙄 

Best Answer
I would prefer not to see all of these replies anymore. I was simply wondering why there was no sleep evaluation any more under the sleep score. Does anyone have the answer to that question?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
The Apple Watch is so much better. I gave up on Fitbit I just use it at night so I know when it’s time for me to get up the next morning for work. I’ve also noticed that the battery dies by the end of the day and it used to last 3 days. I got my Apple Watch at the Apple store for 199 without adding a line. So no high phone bills

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@NaomiAngele  this thread appears to focused on users who are having issues with notifications. Each thread kind of focuses on its own thing

The sleep score or the evaluation I believe they moved to the premium subscription. So you would have to pay if you want to see it. I would definitely verify prior to signing up for anything though

I hope this helps!  If not you might want to start a new topic to get answers specific to the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

this is pathetic......i tried customer support team, tried everything they told as troubleshoot but nothing worked, Then i read this thread, i thought it was just me.........it is frustrating to see fitbit cannot do anything about it.......i am going to advertise the inability on all e commerce websites to bring awareness to consumers......Shameful behaviour from fitbit 

Best Answer

I have done and followed every step more than once to try and receive text notifications on my Versa again with zero luck. I have even removed the device and reconnected as a last ditch effort. The only notifications I get our NUMEROUS calendar reminders and phone calls. This is extremely frustrating, I just want it to work properly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried all the tips, nothing has worked. Have there been any updates from Fitbit on when this will be resolved?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything here and I still can’t get notifications on my 8 plus. When I first got the phone (two years ago) I was able to make texts show up for a very short time. They disappeared quickly and I have just lived without it  But I wish it would work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I made the mistake of deleting my device and trying to pair it with my new
phone and I can't even get it to pair. They keep sending me links to do
this, do this. Nothing works. It's just a decoration on my shelf now.
Best Answer
0 Votes