Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped seeing notifications after updating to iOS 13

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We are aware of an issue preventing some users from receiving notifications on their iPhone after updating to iOS 13. If you're having trouble receiving notifications and you updated your iPhone or iPad to iOS 13, follow the steps in this article, which are also documented below:

1. GET UP-TO-DATE

1. Update the Fitbit app.
  2. Make sure you installed the latest version of iOS. Tap Settings > General > Software update to see if an update is available.

2. CHECK YOUR BLUETOOTH SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  3. Turn Share System Notifications off and then back on. If you don't see the Share System Notifications option:
    1. Restart your Fitbit device. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
    2. Tap Allow when you receive a message on your iPhone or iPad asking if you want your Fitbit device to show notifications.
    3. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device
    4. Turn on Share System Notifications.

3. CHECK YOUR NOTIFICATION SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
  2.  Make sure Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.
  3. Verify the settings for each app that sends notifications:
App Settings
Calendar
  • Allow Notifications—On
  • Tap each notification type and verify the settings:
    • Alerts > Notification Center—On
    • Show Previews—Always or When Unlocked
Phone
  • Allow Notifications—On
All other apps
  • Allow Notifications—On

4. RESTART YOUR PHONE

For instructions, see the Apple help article.

If these steps do not resolve the issue for you, please keep your app up to date, and watch this thread for new information. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while our team works to address this.

Best Answer
3,760 REPLIES 3,760

Just got the Versa Lite and I’m not receiving notifications to it. My IPhone and Fitbit app are updated to the latest versions. My Bluetooth is on, my notifications are on (both on phone and Fitbit) and still nothing. No calls, no texts, no nothing. I have turn both iPhone and Fitbit off and on, disabled and enable Bluetooth, notifications, and still nothing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’d return it and just say you weren’t satisfied with it and get an Apple Watch. I got an Apple Watch and love it

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Stop wasting your time. I have tried many, many times. Everything is the way it is supposed to be. Fitbit needs to fix its software. I’ll be a bit more patient and if isn’t fixed soon, I’ll be looking for an iPhone (which normally would not be on my list as they are over priced and have issues of their own) or a Garmin or similar product. I just got my wife a versa 2 for Christmas. I may have to send it back. I thought the issues were only with the charge 3 but I see from the blog, it’s wide spread across many of the models.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Don’t bother to updating to iPhone. That’s what I’ve got & it doesn’t work after the update! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Charge 3 and use the iPhone with ios 13.2.3 and was working until today. My history and screen setup is gone so I'm with you I will be buying an Apple watch as well.

Its crazy so many issues with the Fitbit.  I can't tell you how many times I have had to reboot my watch and phone almost weekly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

In addition to the lack of notifications, I used to get a 'good' or 'fair' or some sort of rating with my sleep score.  It's not there anymore.  Have you stopped that evaluation?  Thanks and hope to hear back from you or someone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It didn't work for me.  I'm done with Fitbit.
Best Answer

Why did all my information disappear all of a sudden? I have tried all of your "tips" and nothing works. Is this going to be fixed or is it time to drop Fitbit and go to something else???

Best Answer

I have done all of this and nothing helps.  I have read everything suggested and done everything suggested and still nothing works.  I will have to take back the Versa 2.  So disappointed.

Best Answer

I am only getting phone call notifications from my iphone on my inspire hr. I tried all of the suggestions in this article, and am still not getting text message notifications. This is one of the main reasons I purchased a fitbit, and am frustrated that for weeks and weeks I have been without this function. Please advise asap.

Best Answer
No I’m still getting that. Spoken to Fitbit today who said they’re working
on it!! Still no time frame!
Best Answer

IM LIVID!

Best Answer

The issues with this are getting ridiculous, my watch constantly vibrates after I’ve answered the phone or it vibrates like I have an incoming call when I am dialing an outgoing. I was told “we are working on it” for 3 months now. Getting ready to switch to an Apple Watch. In this day and age there’s absolutely no reason this cannot have been fixed by now 

Best Answer

I and having the same problem and totally agree!!!!!! 

Best Answer

Hello, 

The steps did not work for me, I have Versa 2 and iPhone 11 Pro. Has there been any updates on this issue? I see the last update was in October. 

Thank You.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Notifications work on my Charge 3 for Calls, Messenger, WhatsApp and Snapchat, but NOT for simple texts?? Wondering what's going in since that's supposed to be one of the default notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was patient; I updated my phone weeks ago to the new iOS and immediately stopped receiving notifications. But I was patient and waited because I love my Fitbit Ionic. Now I am done waiting. It is ridiculous that this has not been fixed. I receive 12 calendar invites/cancellations for something that happened 5 days ago. I do not receive text message notifications. I have to sync my Fitbit 3 times before it actually syncs. What is the deal?? At this point, I can't wait to get a Garmin for Christmas. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
You took the words right out of my mouth!! I’m going Team Garmin!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this fixed yet? It’s been couple months and still no fix. Had my device for 3 days and ready to take it back. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up. My wife and I both have Apple Watches as of last weekend. I’ve
had a Charge, Charge HR, Surge, and a Versa. Fitbit lost a loyal customer
because they can’t get their stuff together.
Best Answer