Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues after updating to iOS 13

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I downloaded the latest iOS version 13.0 and now my Charge 2 will not sync. please help

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @amrl. It's nice to have a new member around. I'm sorry for my delayed response.

Thanks for letting me know that your iPhone was updated, and let's work together to bring your Charge 2 syncing again. There are some factors that may affect the syncing process, for example if the Fitbit app isn't updated or if your if there are multiple Bluetooth connections nearby. That being said, if you've not done so please try the following steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Turn off other Bluetooth connections nearby.
  3. Reboot your phone and restart your Charge 2.
  4. Open the Fitbit app, tap on profile's icon > Charge 2 image.
  5. Tap on sync now and wait until it syncs.

Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
334 REPLIES 334

Hi @amrl. It's nice to have a new member around. I'm sorry for my delayed response.

Thanks for letting me know that your iPhone was updated, and let's work together to bring your Charge 2 syncing again. There are some factors that may affect the syncing process, for example if the Fitbit app isn't updated or if your if there are multiple Bluetooth connections nearby. That being said, if you've not done so please try the following steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Turn off other Bluetooth connections nearby.
  3. Reboot your phone and restart your Charge 2.
  4. Open the Fitbit app, tap on profile's icon > Charge 2 image.
  5. Tap on sync now and wait until it syncs.

Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Best Answer

My Fitbit charge 3 isn’t syncing since I installed the new iOS 13 ....... keeps telling me to turn on Bluetooth ..... but it’s already turned on?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

Hi @Jac0766. It's great to see a new face in the Forums!

Thanks for letting me know that this started after getting the latest iOS update, as well for your efforts in getting your Charge 3 syncing. I'm wondering if you're still having this issue? If so, I'd recommend the following steps:

1. Remove the Charge 3 from the Bluetooth settings in your iPhone.
  2. Turn off other Bluetooth connections that are nearby.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  4. Open the Fitbit app, tap on the profile's icon and Charge 3.
  5. Tap on sync now and wait until the process is completed.
  6. Then tap on notifications and follow the onscreen instructions to pair via Bluetooth.

Let me know how everything goes!

Best Answer

Did all steps suggested.
Still no luck.

Fitbit app on iPhone displays “Turn On Bluetooth to Allow “Fitbit” to Connect to Accessories. 

Best Answer

Tried another way - deleted Fitbit app on iPhone and downloaded again from App Store. 

Sync Problem SOLVED !!!!! 

Best Answer

I have tried everything listed on this thread.

whilst my Fitbit will sync to my phone, I can not get text messages on my Fitbit anymore since upgrading to IOS 13

Best Answer

Thank you!!!

This same issue was making me crazy and this simple fix worked. Greatly appreciate your sharing it!

Best Answer

I can’t get notifications after IOS 13 either. Deleted the app and installed it again, but calls and messages does not appear at my FitBit Charge 2. Has anyone solved this? 

Best Answer

No this still hasn’t worked. 

Best Answer

Similar problem- My Alta HR will not sync after upgrade to iOS 13. Tells me to “turn on Bluetooth” Phone or Fitbit app is not finding Alta HR. Tried all the steps on the help forum No success. Can anyone help?

Best Answer

Hello @Jac0766  and @James.robson64 
The best way to try and possibly solve your issue is to uninstall and then reinstall your Fitbit App. I know this seems redundant but reinstalling the app will also prompt a reconnection to pair correctly with your Fitbit App. You will not lose any data reinstalling the App. I say this because I’m reading that turning off then on your Bluetooth doesn’t always repair the problem.

😃 Please let me know if this solves your syncing issue 

Best Answer
Why do I have to keep deleting and reinstalling the app for it to work....? It’s almost every day......!! Not good enough.
Best Answer

Hello again @Jac0766 

Maybe I can explain it differently. 

Did you recently update to iOS 13 or 13.1? I’ve seen syncing issues happen with people afterwards and Have read in articles how picky the new update is about pairing with apps and needing permissions. I’ve found that if you had the Fitbit App already installed in your device when the update hit its sort of a hit or miss with the syncing with Bluetooth after the update. It seems happier if the app occurs after the update. Like a clean install if that makes sense. I’ve suggested this to others and it helped them. Maybe it can help you. Here’s how:

1. Log out of the Fitbit app and force shut the app by swiping up

2. completely uninstall the Fitbit App from your device

3. now completely shut down your device and wait about 1 min then restart your device 

4. once your device has reloaded reinstall the Fitbit app by downloading it from the App Store

5. once it’s installed, log into your device as you normally would with username and password 

6. don’t touch anything in the app...just wait until you get a prompt from your Bluetooth (I got two of them because the new iOS 13 has different Bluetooth security permissions) When prompted by your Bluetooth tap “always” 

Doing this will give you the cleanest install and should repair your syncing time issues. 😃I’m hoping this helps. 

Best Answer

I took back my fitbit charge 2 just because it would not sync with ios 13 (iphone).  Now even with the charge 3 fitbit, it will not sync with iphone (ios 13).  IT was working beautifully with ios 12, until the iphone update happened 1 1/2 ago!!  The steps mentioned above does fix the issue, but TEMPORARILY!!   It comes back the next morning!!  DONT tell me we are going to have to follow the five steps mentioned above every day!!  Just because of the ios 13 upgrade!!  This neeeds to be fixed by either fitbit or apple and seems to be a bluetooth issue now, related ti ios 13, not a device issue!! 

Best Answer

I’m having exactly the same problem and the fixes aren’t working

Best Answer

I wonder why fitbit doesn’t comment this? I’f they are aware of the problem? 

Best Answer

You are correct. It’s iOS issue and not Fitbit device issue. I tried the 5 steps and it didn’t work. Then, I deleted the Fitbit app on iPhone and downloaded again and signed in using same username and password. Since then, sync is happening and all alerts are coming up on Fitbit. After you download the app and open it for first time, iPhone will ask you to permit using Bluetooth. Need to consent. 

Best Answer

Once you download and open the app first time, it will prompt to allow Bluetooth. If you consented but still facing problems, please check

- in iPhone settings - Bluetooth, besides Fitbit device name, there is little “i”. Click it and see that notifications are enabled. 
- in Fitbit app, in settings, the notifications need to be enabled as well. 

This is the best I could figure out. Hope it works. Best of luck. 

Best Answer
Worked for me. Thank you

Sent from D'vora's iPhone
Best Answer