Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues after updating to iOS 13

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I downloaded the latest iOS version 13.0 and now my Charge 2 will not sync. please help

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
334 REPLIES 334
Gave up. Bought a Garmin.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

My 1 yr old Versa Hasn’t synced properly since Sunday- 1 wk I’ve had these problems now. My £200 doesn’t even work as a basic watch as looses time, it won’t sync then it partly syncs if at all. Most of the time it says can not connect. I delete it at least 5 times a day & I’m starting to loose the will to live with it yet the husbands old Blaze is no problem on ios13.5 !!! I have ios 13.5 with Versa. I’ve had 2 email responses from Twitter just sending me a script. I’ve sent vids & screenshots. A very unhappy Fitbit customer !!

Best Answer

Have tried anything and everything several times, cannot sync with IPad following update to iOS 13.5. Time 10 mins fast, doesn’t even work as a watch! Ready to swap for a decent Garmin.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up on Fitbit months ago. Tried everything but I couldn’t get my Charge 2 tracker to sync. Bought a Garmin. Very happy with it.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Add me to the list of users with trouble.

Just to clarify for everyone, I have had multiple bluetooth things break with the upgrade to iOS13. So while yes, all of us are here because of our Fitbit devices, really it's Apple we need to be angry at. If they would get the stick out of their @$$ and let us downgrade back to iOS12 until they figure these bugs out that would resolve a lot of my personal anger.

Items:
-iPhone 6s
-Fitbit Charge 2

Symptoms:
-Fitbit started to alert with multiple calendar alerts at incorrect times. Like firing off meeting reminders for something that happened yesterday at 10pm at night and repeatedly reminding. I had to disconnect the calendar from the Fitbit all together.
-Text messages started not coming through. I had to alter the settings to display the text message on the lock screen of my phone. I don't want that. I liked having the text on my wrist to read, but my phone was private and just showed a text from that person and not the whole message. This works 50% of the time now.
-Steps. Started a challenge at work to record steps taken, now the app won't sync with the fitbit at all. Removed it, reinstalled, resynced, all those things. No luck.

Now some of you are resorting to moving to a different tracker and thumbing your nose at Fitbit. I'm not saying this is wrong, you respond how you want to. But this iOS upgrade has also broken the bluetooth functionality on my SUV. I'm not running out and buying a new vehicle because Apple broke something they can't fix. If anything, I'm thinking of moving to an Android phone and resolving the issue that way.

Apple releases betas of their iOS months before hand, I'm guessing Fitbit did some testing, but either didn't have the issue or doesn't have access to a low-even level of the phone to figure out the problem. Yes, Fitbit now being owned by Google may have some influence on it getting fixed or not, but I have to believe they still have long standing Fitbit employees trying to do the right thing. 

Fitbit if anything:
-Admit you know of the issue, and be open of your current status to resolving.
-Get a survey going of phone, model, version, tracker device, version. Get a read on what are the most problematic combinations. Publish it, so people know they are in the affect group or not. If it was only my Charge 2, yeah, I might buy a Charge 4. But if the problem exists there too-I'm going to be pissed and you have another Fitbit refirb to sell at a lower margin.
-Open up some beta testing for those of us with problems, can't get much worse at this point.
-If it is Apple's fault, help us encourage them to produce a solution with details from your investigations. 

Thank you, 

Best Answer

I solved the issue by purchasing an apple watch after using fitbit for 5years. every update has issues and their customer service is terrible. best buy had them on sale $100 off! 

Best Answer

Been a loyal FB customer or years! Fitbit cant keep up with IOS - plain and simple. Your devices will not sync and they will lose data and workouts.

I have called so many times only to be fobbed off with similar step and apologies, even by supervisors. Non has a fix, there is no answer. "the engineers are working on it' I am done.

Bye bye FB. Unless you fix the IOS issues, our business is dead!

Best Answer

Same here. My Fitbit syncs all the data except sleep data after I forgot the device and reconnected it in the Bluetooth section. Feel sad because sleep data are important to me...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. It's good to see you participating in the forums.

I appreciate you for taking the time to share your thoughts about the syncing issues with iOS, as well for the troubleshooting steps tried prior posting. I understand how important is to keep your data updated in the Fitbit app and I'm sorry that you've had this experience. Please know that every comment shared in the forums never goes unnoticed, and yours won't be the exception.

Let me share that our team has been informed about the syncing issues experienced by some of our users after updating to iOS 13.4.1 and above. While they're currently working on this situation to bring a fix, I'd recommend to give a try to the following steps in the given order:

1. Update the Fitbit app to the latest version.
  2. Turn off the Bluetooth from any other devices that you have nearby.
  3. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your iPhone, tap on the icon next to their Fitbit device and then on Forget this device.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and pull down on the screen to force a manual sync.
  5. A Bluetooth pair authorization should appear, tap pair. This will re-establish the Bluetooth connection between your Fitbit device and the Fitbit app.

I'll be around, please keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I do this almost every day. It is getting old. Please fix this issue and stop giving us the same troubleshooting tips time after time after time!
Best Answer
I’ve given up trying now as I’m just repeating the same things and getting nowhere-waste of time

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Exactly! This is pointless. I love the app interface w the app but the set up just DOESNT WORK.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @simonjowalker1 and @Joy-123. I'm glad to see you here again.

Thanks for your efforts while troubleshooting your Fitbit devices. The steps posted above were for the Community members that haven't tried them yet and your feedback is appreciated. Our team has been informed of the impact this issue has caused you and they're working to bring a solution to all our affected users. While we don't have a time frame for the fix, the best recommendation is to keep the Fitbit app updated as you've been doing to ensure you receive the quickest resolution. Once we have more details, I'll update this thread.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the info it worked on my hubby’s Charge2HR. The new update is the problem for iOS users and I’m not going to update the app till it’s solved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My husband did the iOS update and he could not synch at all. We followed chiQ instructions and it worked. Im not updating until it’s fixed as I’m running 3 Workweek Hustles and am in a Custom Challenge and don’t want to lose steps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes