Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues after updating to iOS 13

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I downloaded the latest iOS version 13.0 and now my Charge 2 will not sync. please help

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
334 REPLIES 334

Have you tried deleting the Bluetooth, from your iPhone, and. Everything  off your iPhone? I was concerned about losing data? Thoughts?  Have you tried calling support? If yes what are they saying?  

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried your steps, but still does not update in real-time as it used to With iOS 12. When try to sink, pull down from main screen it says no device found?

Howied_0-1589303577927.jpeg

When I try to connect  ito Bluetooth. Set up takes me nowhere?

Howied_1-1589303716386.jpeg

What about deleting it all and reinstalling from set up?  When I try to set up charge 2 device Now  it says  already on my Acct. The sink now button does not respond, and all day sink just keeps spinning. 
if I remove the charge 2, can I reset It from beginning without losing data?  

very frustrating and time consuming. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you deleting all like it’s a brand new device? I tried deleting the app and reinstalling but did not work. But Should Set up as new device from the beginning? When I try to do do that it says my charge 2 is connected. Should I delete it.

will I lose data? Any other thoughts on getting this fixed. 
thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit Charge 2 is a bust. Bluetooth is a very simple
ubiquitous connection standard. Its like plugging a cord into a wall at
this point. All these work arounds are unacceptable it should just work.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Service used to be great perhaps this has all changed since the company sold. At least that is what I’m thinking has happened. My Ionic seems to be working but if it does become problematic I will have to do a serious rethink and I have had a Fitbit for many years...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s sinking to my iPad, fine. I need it for my iPhone instead.  How do I make that happen. When it stopped working from my iPhone, I set it up on my iPad, iOS 12 and it connects fine, but I need it to my iPhone.

please advise. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

UPDATE: solved this by also forgetting fitbit in the Bluetooth section of the Settings app. Seems to be working now on all fronts.

UPDATE 2: Spoke too soon. It won't complete a synch' now. It synch's steps, and BPM, but not sleep data.

I did all of this, but it didn't help, so I removed my Inspire HR from the app, and in trying to re-add it I have this screen.

IMG_0117.PNG

It can see my fitbit, but it apparently can't pair with it. I've had pairing problems, meaning I can't get it to pair all day, with the result that alerts don't come through to it. It has paired to the degree where it synched until now though, since I last tried your fix when iOS13 first came out. Your fix worked then. It doesn't any more.

Note that my phone connects to all my other fitbits fine, can maintain connection all day, and transmit alerts to them. This is only with my Inspire HR, which is my favourite.

I have tried further reboots of both phone and fitbit, disabling my VPN, and no change. I would appreciate any other suggestions of things I can try.

Edit: I also tried Megabit's fix, but it still shows the above screen indefinitely:

"1. Log out of the Fitbit app and force shut the app by swiping up

2. completely uninstall the Fitbit App from your device

3. now completely shut down your device and wait about 1 min then restart your device 

4. once your device has reloaded reinstall the Fitbit app by downloading it from the App Store

5. once it’s installed, log into your device as you normally would with username and password 

6. don’t touch anything in the app...just wait until you get a prompt from your Bluetooth (I got two of them because the new iOS 13 has different Bluetooth security permissions) When prompted by your Bluetooth tap “always”"

Nothing is so smiple it can't be messed up *Inspire2 - InspireHR - Alta - Flex2 - Charge 5 - Luxe
Best Answer

Just to say I removed my Fitbit off mobile and deleted the app, let my Fitbit run out completely, restarted my mobile and it seems to have worked ... for now 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did that and there’s still a problem.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, thanks for your participation in the Community. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

Thanks to all for the efforts to resolve the issue with syncing your devices, sharing the solutions and useful tips to help other users. I understand that this can be very frustrating. Our team is currently reviewing reports on customers having syncing issues after updating to iOS 13.4.1, you can keep an eye on the updates here

Meanwhile, please try a suggestion offered by some users to disconnect the Fitbit device from Bluetooth on the iPhone/iPad, and then reconnect it. You can confirm the complete troubleshooting instructions in this help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thanks for finally responding. I appeared Fitbit did not care about its loyal customers.

what about deleting the entire charge 2, from my iPhone 6s using iOS 13.4.1 and reinstalling 

it. Like a new device. Would I lose my data if I did this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for finally responding. Ii appeared Fitbit did not care about its loyal customers.

What about deleting the entire charge 2, from my iPhone 6s using iOS 13.4.1 and reinstalling 

it, Like a new device. Would I lose my data if I did this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Howied, thank you for your reply. 

I understand your concern and would like to advise that you shouldn't lose any data if you forget the device from the Bluetooth settings and then re-pair it again. If you remove the device from your Fitbit account, the unsynced data can be lost. 

Thank you for being a Fitbit customer, I appreciate your feedback and patience while we're working to improve your Fitbit experience.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all of the recommended fixes and nothing is working. It definitely has something to do with the iOS update but I can’t seem to figure it out.

Sent from my iPad

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since I am not getting a definitive answer on how to fix the problem, and I have been waiting so long,

I am ready to try a full deletion  from my iPhone, and start from scratch as long as I won't lose any data.  

How can I confirm the data is synced before I delete. 

If I see up to date data on my iPad? or if I see it online? 

What are the exact steps to completely delete Fitbit from my iPhone and start again, and not lose any data?

Do you have any other solutions for all that are suffering with your product, and poor support from Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having tried every single solution on this site and followed supports instructions to the letter my versa lite still won’t work correctly 

FitBit basically haven’t got a clue they don’t listen to the customer the just follow the script,

example when told that the watch had been set up on an android phone and still had the same problem the reply was go into settings on the IPhone etc

as far as I can see this has been an ongoing problem since at least July 2019 however FitBit advertise that the watches are compatible with IOS  from 12 onwards 

Only option open is to buy a replacement from a reputable manufacturer with a reliable backup service operated by people who actually know what they are talking about 

Given the current and historical problems with FitBit products any one buying into the sales lies 

sorry hype in my opinion needs there head examined 

In the U.K. any product has to be fit for purpose and of reasonable quality FitBit in my opinion are not but as they don’t have a U.K. address for service of court papers not a lot you can do 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything listed and I’m having the same issue! I love Fitbit but I’m thinking of just getting rid of it totally!!!!
fitbit and or Apple need to get their crap together and together FAST

Best Answer
0 Votes

Followed all directions (more than once) and it still does not work.  Also, how long will I be number 1 waiting for a chat?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, thank you for the updates.

I appreciate everyone's feedback, I understand that this can be very frustrating. Thank you for your troubleshooting efforts. Our team has recently released a new version of the Fitbit app. Please make sure you have downloaded the new version by following these instructions.

Some users were able to resolve the issue by deleting the app, removing the device from Bluetooth on your phone, restarting the phone, reinstalling the app and re-pairing the Fitbit device. Please note that if you add your Fitbit as a new device to your Fitbit account, the information that hasn't synced can be lost. 

If you continue experiencing difficulties with syncing, could you please confirm if your phones are up-to-date. Please let me know your OS for us to investigate further. All the reports shared from users are helpful to continue investigating this and working on the fix.

@Howied If you go into the app and select your profile image at the top left you get to your profile settings. On that screen there is a list of connected devices. Tap on your Fitbit device and you will see the time and date your device synced last time. 

Please keep me posted, I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
I have tried everything you outline in the mail and nothing helps, for your information I have attempted to set this Versa Lite up on IOS 12 (IPad) IOS 13.4.1 and IOS 13.5 (IPhone) I have been forced to replace the tracker with a new Versa 2 this set up and works as it should first time and within minutes. I would add that the only reason I purchased a FitBit product again is the short battery life of the Apple Watch, if Apple ever improved the battery life to over 48 hours I will be off to the Apple store.
In my opinion I have a faulty tracker, however FitBit do not accept that it is and are bending over backwards to avoid responsibility, the tracker is still within it’s warranty period. In my case the service received from FitBit Customer Service has been disgusting.
Regards
Joyce

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes