Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues after updating to iOS 13

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I downloaded the latest iOS version 13.0 and now my Charge 2 will not sync. please help

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
334 REPLIES 334

I have done multiple suggestions after updating my iOS to 13.4.1 and my Fitbit won’t sync.  The last thing I did was log out of my fitbit app, force it to close and uninstall it.  I turned my phone off and waited one minute.  Then I turned it back on, installed the fitbit app from my App Store and logged into Fitbit with my username and password.  NOTHING.  I am about to throw this Fitbit in the trash.  I have turned Bluetooth on and off.  I did the above sequence twice.  Any suggestions before I go to a different tracking device?

Best Answer

Did not work for me.  Did the process 3 times.

Best Answer

I think this is definitely a bug issue that needs to be fixed. I have a new iPhone and it is not on my end. I have tried everything like deleting the app, including a reset on my phone like one user suggested and I’m still having to “forget this device” & reconnect to sync daily

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried all of these steps and it did not work with my Charge2. I then read to try and disconnect the bluetooth device and add it back again. That worked more than any of these instructions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

i am not a fitbit employee but i was just sharing these steps as they worked for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Clearly a FitBit issue.  Bluetooth has been around a LONG time...so should be like plugging an appliance into the wall.  

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

did it keep all of your previous info like sleep, weight, water intake, steps?

Best Answer
0 Votes

All my info is always saved and sometimes my steps and such are also able to still update, sometimes not; but the ability to get notifications like calls and texts and the “All Day Sync” option has to be reset daily. It will try and then no longer be enabled and when I open the app, a pop up says that it’s unable to sync and to forget the device on Bluetooth, then try again. I also notice because it won’t send notifications to the Fitbit watch for texts, calls or anything. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I finally figured it out after a few hours. So I usually have my message notifications on my IOS device to show NO previews which this is the reason why it was not showing up on my Fitbit Charge 3. So before doing this

toggle everything. Turn everything off then back on your fitbit settings.

then on iphone:

settings --> Notifications --> Messages --> Show Previews --> "when unlocked" or "Always"

This helped me I hope it helps others too because all the other threads were not helping. But I believe this is a big issue many have. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried all your detailed steps. But still not pairing... 

please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry i cannot help further. These were the steps i took to resolve my issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Didn’t work for me 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How can I get this fixed. When I try to sink to my iPhone the app says device not found, but it does sink to my iPad.  I contacted fitbit support. They don’t respond. Their customer service is terrible. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you, delete The charge 2 completely from your Bluetooth, 

forget this device? Did you dele app and reinstall it as well. I tried that, part. Exactly what steps did you take? Did you lose  and data? This problem started when I updated my iPhone 6s from iOS 12 to 13.4.1. 
thanks, fitbit support is terrible. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly the same issue !  What’s the solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have updated my charge 2 to IOS13.4.1. Since then the Bluetooth is not connecting. I have tried every step (force quit, turn Bluetooth off and on, deleting app and reputting on, restart iPhone X)

nothing works. It still says Bluetooth as not connected and app says Bluetooth can’t find device.What do you suggest 

Best Answer
0 Votes
That’s exactly the same as mine. I’ve given up and put mine in the bin where it deserves to be. Fitbit should be ashamed of the way they’ve treated us who have these problems. Their customer service has been appalling.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Agreed.
I gave up on my Fitbit. After 2 years no longer use. Blue Tooth is so
basic -
Best Answer
It will only sync to one device...either phone or iPad.,, u have to choose ☹️

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
So long ago but I’m pretty sure I deleted and reinstalled.. lost data but got it up and running again.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes