Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text notification for charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got my charge 2. Notification works for call and text message for my iPhone 6. But my friend Android have a opinion that could choose if he'd like to get notification from other chat apps like WhatsApp or viber. Anyone know that if iOS allow that as well? If so where could I find the option? 

Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@Fan.Fan Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I'd recommend the following steps:

1. Make sure that you have notifications turned on in your iOS settings for the phone/calendar/messages app. This can be done by: opening your iOS settings > tap notifications > tap phone/messages/calendar > and make sure that "Allow Notifications" is toggled on.

2. If you have an open text conversation, you won't receive a notification for it on your tracker.

3. Try the troubleshooting steps mentioned here.

Hope this helps!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DerrickS, thank you for the infomation. what i mean is i could get Test message but only SMS. do you think there is a way for me to change setting of receive message from chat app like Viber? i know android allows user to choose.

Best Answer

Hello @Fan.Fan, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply.

Android users can choose between some messaging applications when setting up text notifications for their Charge 2, however, iOS users can only select SMS at the moment. However, I went ahead and found a suggested idea by @jcat30 to implement this feature in a future update. Please feel free to vote for this idea and add your comment to show your support, this is truly the best way to make your voice heard. 

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you, keep me posted. Smiley Happy

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Would like to ask if there are any updates on the viber notification using IOS

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes