Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The redesigned iOS Fitbit app is rolling out!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone!

I would like to announce that the redesigned Fitbit app starts rolling out today! This new app will help you reach your goals, and bring the health and wellness information right on hand.

Check out our latest blog for how to get the most out of the new app. 

Note: Please be patient if you don't see the update right away, as it will take some time to roll out completely.

Happy stepping!

LizzyFitbit_2-1695145726394.png

Best Answer
2,368 REPLIES 2,368

I hate this new APP!!!

I have been struggling with it ever since the so called upgrade. So many things wrong. I want the old app. My alternative is Apple!

Best Answer

I’m just joining the chorus of people who are shocked to see some important information missing from the new app. It does not make sense to round exercise time to the nearest minute. People who exercise want to know their exact times. Also, the main reason I bought my Fitbit was to track my heart rate while swimming. Now the app does not give heart rate information about swim workouts. “Zone minute” info is not sufficient. I do plan to use a tracker from a different company if this does not get corrected. It just doesn’t make sense for me to keep using this one if it’s not giving me the information I need. I was really enjoying my Fitbit up until now and I’m sad to see these changes. Thank you for hearing me out.

Best Answer

The log just lets you manually enter start & end times. I could do that with a simple notebook or even an app that doesn't come with a device strapped to my person.

I don't want to "log" my workout times. I want to track my workout. I want the pace/activity stats from my actual movements, as registered by the device I'm wearing. That is the whole point of something called a "fitness tracker" It's not called a fitness logger.

Best Answer

Disappointed I can no longer edit my workout to the type. I miss seeing a map of my run/walk and the heart rate zones in the map. The new layout is absolutely blah.

Best Answer

Have you looked at How to get the most out of the new Fitbit app

Since you mention apple, ive moved your post to the Apple help board 

Best Answer

Agree. Have used it since 2016 and they’ve pretty much demolished it. What is wrong with the technology people - take a leader in the industry, and then trash it in the name of progress? siloed non-communicative decision making, un-vetted ideas, inexperienced people and no one with their eye on all the moving parts. I don’t get it. My tracker display quit working a few days after 2 years & then they make this non-cute move….going to explore alternatives. And “customer service” is not. 

----

Thank you Nutter. Yes looks like at least part of it is there. They should pay you and the members for writing their user manual! 

Best Answer

Adding my extreme disappointment to the pile. I also gave a negative review on the Apple store. Fitbit user since 2012, now on a Charge 5. Of all the apps that have come along, this one was the easiest on the eyes and brain. Simple, readable, and cheerful colors differentiating each category; the light turquoise on white background was fresh and attractive; punchout icons, elegant san-serif font, not too much text. All of that is disappearing, in favor of a beige background and earthier colors fitting an architect's living room, not a motivating fitness app. I understand how a product team might say that it's time for a refresh after more than 10 years, but why fix what was already the only design that sets you above the rest?

The first update in September was frustrating enough, but the latest update has removed all the cheery color from the exercise stats pages and maps as well. I assume each subsequent update will change the detail pages for each of the other categories until it's all a uniform blah.

The new color palette does not meet UX standard practice for color-blindness readability - the colors are so close together that they are difficult to see as different even for someone without color disabilities. Users now have to read everything to navigate, because the new, more complex line-drawn icons are the only way to differentiate the categories on the screen.

Where they might have put some effort is the food and nutrition tracking.  Going for easier recipe entering; allowing creation of a personal database of frequently eaten foods and meals that is searchable; offing the option to either track calories or components/points (as nutritional science has debunked calorie-counting and now emphasizes balance of dietary fiber, plants, and minimizing meat and sweet).Maybe there is a big redesign happening there; but by the time it's rolled out I will probably be long gone.

I see the developers are gradually adding back features in the new interface that users complained about like the battery percentage. But the overall dulling of the interface means I have let my premium subscription lapse.

Best Answer

I have already canceled my Premium subscription. This experiment has gone in exactly the wrong direction 

Best Answer

The new pp is absolutely horrible.

Best Answer

I’m glad you mentioned accessibility!  Not only is the whole app difficult to read but I still cannot get closed captions which makes having premium worthless as I don’t know what the trainers are saying!! 
I am able to see battery level now…two days ago.  
Come ON Google…where is the pride in your product or are you really just trying to kick off iOS users??? 

Best Answer

The new Fitbit app design is awful compared to the old one - it’s not simplified, it just doesn’t have the features and functionality the old had. Bring the old one back please! My new charge 6 has even less features showing on the new app and it’s not recognising sustained zone minutes as an exercise routine! I see no advances in technology in either the app or the product - in fact the opposite is true!

Best Answer

Like some others said, I want to see my exact time when I run, not rounded to the nearest minute.  I don't want to have to go to the web site to see my exact time.  Your improvements have overall made the app worse in several ways.

Best Answer

I see that comments on other posts about the new app have been disabled and removed. That shows just how much Fitbit/Google think of its customers. Rather than listening to feedback (from what I see, most of it negative) let’s pretend it isn’t there. That’s it, as soon as my charge 5 dies (won’t be long given how poor the previous one was) I’m off to the competition (beginning with G - they do a lovely looking app and watch). Listen to feedback and maybe you’ll save some customers or do you just not care? 

Best Answer

Oh, that is a good idea!

Best Answer

I've been a faithful Fitbit user since 2015 despite my wife wanting to purchase an Apple Watch for me every year.  I always refused the offer because, like everyone else here, I found the Fitbit app to be superior to all other fitness apps. 

Well, you all tried to reinvent the wheel with this app, and instead, you churned out the most useless piece of garbage.  You have completely dismantled a specialized app tailored to people who value health and fitness data by removing core features loved by this community.  As if removing these features wasn't enough, you replaced easily viewed colors displaying data with ones that are muted and mesh together making graphical data indistinguishable.  In all seriousness, how do these changes make it through the approval process?  It is honestly baffling how terribly you have bungled these unnecessary changes.  What's worse is that Fitbit/Google will likely continue with these changes despite the overwhelming cries from this community, aka your customers, to revert back to the old app.

I had been anxiously awaiting the announcement of the Luxe 2 with plans to upgrade from my original Luxe.  With these app updates though, the Luxe 2 has gone from anticipation to afterthought overnight.  I've imported all eight years of my Fitbit data into Apple Health, and I am now considering making the switch to an Apple Watch.  I'll hold onto hope that you fix the mess you made, but not for long.  You eventually have to take out the trash.

Best Answer

With over 100 pages of disgruntled users, you might have realised by now that we don't want updates, we would like the old version back.

If you bother reading these complaints you will see that many uisers will be going to other, non Google products...maybe that is your plan?

Peter

Best Answer

Yeah, right - happy stepping... Why do you redesign the app without asking us what we want or what we use, then spring it on us out of nowhere? My main complaint, and it's a big one, is the now missing graphical information for my workouts. My fitbit used to know when I'd start and finish my walk, and would then give me a bar graph showing my fat, cardio, and peak ratios. Now, I get squat - a bunch of numbers, without breakdown, that I can't just glance at to gauge how I'm doing. Can someone, anyone, tell me the reasoning behind this??? I'm not a happy camper here...

Best Answer

The new app is just horrible! The interface is just so bad. Difficult to navigate. Not considering visualy impaired or those with poor vision or elderly. My 74 years old dad now struggled to use your app. But that's not the worst. For me, worse is lost functionality! You made it like an app for idiots, like for someone who barely walks 5000 steps a day and definitely not for runners or those who do sports in general. It used to be good for runners but not any more due to lost functionality. Rather than bringing more functionality to take it out!  That's not what I paid for and I will be moving on. And it won't be google watch. You should sack those responsible for this mistake. Fitbit a d Google watch will be losing users.

Best Answer

I get that apps need to be updated, but this new versions Suuuucks!!!!! Please go back to the old one!!! Ughhhhhh

Best Answer

Agree!  It is the most foolish update I've ever seen.  We should all demand a roll back to prior version

----

Agreed!  Worst app redesign I've ever experienced.  They killed off much useful functionality (in order to improve our experience).  We should all demand a roll back to prior version.

Best Answer